It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is probably my favorite forum (Philosophy & Metaphysics).

So anyways, I read sirric's thread and it made me think of all the little moments of synchronicity that have happened to me over time. I must admit, I had never attached a word to it, but as soon as I saw the word synchronicity in that thread, in bold type, I immediately knew what it meant. So I googled synchronicity to see what others have to say about the phenomenon. There are some interesting examples that have happened to many people.

I have had countless examples of synchronicity happen to me throughout my life. At one time, I was logging them into my phone, but that phone no longer works so I can never retrieve those examples ): Most of the time, an episode of synchronicity is minor, but sometimes it's astonishing. A personal example of synchronicity: I was reading a book one evening and my wife was watching a show on TV in the same room. As I was reading, my eyes ran across the word "impervious". At EXACTLY the same instant, a character on her show said the word "impervious". It was in perfect harmony, and the only reason I heard the word in what was otherwise blocked out background noise was that it was the same word I had just read. It was a neat little coincidence. I've had 100's of such little minor periods of synchronicity.

Once when I was in the military, I went to see a chaplain. I didn't know the word "synchronicity", so it was hard for me to describe it. I tried to describe things "being connected, like a web". I think my words were lost on him. He wanted an example, and I couldn't think of any. With all the 100's of examples, for some reason these are very difficult to recall, and yet they're so notable when they occur. That's what made me start logging them. Not surprisingly, in a brief amount of time, maybe a month or two, I had acquired probably about 9 or 10 individual detailed examples. As I said before, those logs are unfortunately lost, but maybe one day I'll again attempt to log all the periods of synchronicity in my life. (the only reason I remember the "impervious" example is because I logged it here on my computer)

So, does anybody have any notable periods of synchronicity to share? I find such things fascinating, so I would love to hear them. Also, why do you think this phenomenon occurs? Are we just finding connections in meaningless coincidences? Sometimes I feel as if our universe is like a computer program and it syncs together a little too well...
edit on 6/25/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wow, and here's a nice example right on the site. I had no idea of the existence of this thread, but it's talking about synchronicity, too, among other things. Of course, it's possibly because this thread inspired it in a way, which also inspired me. But still, is it not a coincidence?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Here's something I have noticed...

Read about, research, or have a conversation about SYNCHRONICITY and you will notice more synchronicitic events happening in your life. Is that merely a coincidence? I think not! Someone planned it that way!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
A personal example of synchronicity: I was reading a book one evening and my wife was watching a show on TV in the same room. As I was reading, my eyes ran across the word "impervious". At EXACTLY the same instant, a character on her show said the word "impervious". It was in perfect harmony, and the only reason I heard the word in what was otherwise blocked out background noise was that it was the same word I had just read. It was a neat little coincidence. I've had 100's of such little minor periods of synchronicity.

Yup, everyday I have this. Same thing, I will think of a word or read it, and seconds later will hear it. They say our senses are a little lagged, and therefore this happen, but I say that's crap. I believe in simulated reality, definitely, and that these are little signs of it.

The other day I was out and about drinking amongst fellow adults, and I suddenly had the thought "The bathroom is over there behind the stage", not having anyone questioning, nor having to go myself... I was confused a second and then I heard a woman 20 feet away ask her friend "Hey, where are the bathrooms?"

I feel that since we are electro-chemical beings, sometimes our brains pick up on other's waves so-to-speak, especially if they are very projective.

But when I am driving, and I make a solid decision, whether to switch lanes or keep following a car, or to take this street instead of that one, I alwaysalwaysalwaysalways end up behind a car with a license plate containing certain numbers. I tell friends and they are like "Oh okay" but when they are in my car and I point it out to them, they believe me 100% that something is up. I have had bank time and temp clearly read wrong numbers as I passed (one read 63-- my main number- when it was a hot day and above 70), which makes me kind of suspect that maybe we aren't all seeing the same things at the same time...

I wake up with a certain song or line of a song in my head or phrase in my head, knowing I will hear it at some point that day... which I will, 12 hours later on average, and I take it to believe I am where I am supposed to be.

Or I will randomly read an article about, say, a soapbox derby, only to flip the boobtube on and there will be some Discovery channel episode about them. I mean, it happens so much, the more I acknowledge, the more it happens, kind of like the universe is bemused at my expense.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessofSwords

I mean, it happens so much, the more I acknowledge, the more it happens, kind of like the universe is bemused at my expense.

Along with increasing Synchronicitic events; I have noticed a distinct surge in "time slips" as well.

ex....passing red car with an old McCain bumber sticker only to see that same care parked on the street some miles ahead. That car did not pass me to get ahead and park; I would have noticed.

There is a glitch in the matrix if infact the matrix actually exists.

edit on 25-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Things like this happen to me ALL the time.

Just last week I was in a drugstore where they were playing a local radio station over the loudspeakers. Some guy walks past me wearing a Nirvana shirt. Ten seconds later 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' comes on the radio.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Hi I must say that in the last couple of weeks that every time I've picked my phone up
It will show the time as 17.11 12.11 22.11 and so on.

I've experienced this over the years but just lately it has been a daily occurance. Strange indeed

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This seems as good a place as any to post this vid:

Absolutely amazing how they all end up in synch with each other, although I do suspect the rocking of the table may have something to do with it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I have a shrine in my home to the Virgin of Guadalupe even though I'm not a Catholic.

When ever I pay homage to Our Lady; within the hour a synchronistic event happens as if to say "message received"

Somehow there is a connection between "ritual" and the "collective consciousnesses"

If this just sounds like newage prattle to you; experiment on your own and make a shrine to what ever you want and acknowledge it and watch the results. You will be surprised!!

edit on 28-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join