It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll - who won the V presidential debate?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just that - keep it simple here please. I just want an idea of how people felt it went.

I vote for Cheney!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well Cheney hand down as I said in my thread, Edwards needs to get the surgical attachment to Kerry removed, it is disgusting. Like a puppy.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would have to say it was a very even debate. I expected Chenny to clean up easily, so I think Edward's ability to hold his own should be seen as a small victory of sorts.

I don't think this debate is going to mean much in the long run, but at least it was a good debate.

ps. What kind of rule is "Don't say your nominees name"???

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Winners = Chenney & Edwards....for running over and avoiding answering most of the questions asked. Each also held their own.

Loser = Moderator....for a lousy set of questions and a failure to hold the candidates in compliance with the questions asked.

Will all be forgotten by Friday when Bush and Kerry go at it again.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Cheney won!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I believe Cheney won. All Edwards won in was making him a set example of the Democratic symbol.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Loser = Moderator....for a lousy set of questions and a failure to hold the candidates in compliance with the questions asked.

Isnt that the truth! She will NOT host another one.....

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The real losers here are the American people that did not have their candidates represented, i.e. third party.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Probably a tie. Cheney didn't make Edwards look as stupid as Kerry did Bush. Cheney would either shrug off accsuations, or lie to refute them. And he did so pretty well.

If people get the word out on Cheney's lies, or if people go out and do some research for themselves, it will probably be an Edwards win. If not, it will probably be viewed as a tie.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

ps. What kind of rule is "Don't say your nominees name"???

Sounds like a game you'd play in kindergarten-- either that or perhaps to shake up the candidates from their pre-programmed responses? Overall, the moderator did a poor job, in my opinion. She couldn't even keep track of who should answer each question, and when.. she had Edwards correcting her at one point, then she had to retract and apologize. What the heck was going on!

I think Edwards won this debate.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A very good debate. Cheney did a far better job of defending than Bush, and stayed on note of the Republican campaign: The war or terror, and Kerry and edwards flip-flops. Edwards countered exceptionally well I thought with facts, figures and what came much later in the debate which I expected earlier was Cheney's record in the senate and Bush's flip-flops.

Despite this, and through most of the debate I thought it too close to call, but in the end, the last two questions in fact pulled Edwards ahead. His summary closed the deal. In true fashion he showed what it takes TO WIN, and how to win. His summation delivered to the average American hope, tugged at what is personal for them and declared he and Kerry understand. It was uplifting, delightful and expressed a future not full of gloom. Cheney frankly did not come prepared with an alternate summation, for if he had, he would not have delivered a doom and gloom, war, terror, attacks, terrorist speech.

The American people don't need to constantly be made afraid, and that unfortunately, was the gist of Cheney's drift.

[edit on 10/5/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
The real losers here are the American people that did not have their candidates represented, i.e. third party.

Agreed!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Good comment SomewhereinBetween. Its sad that the only thing the republican party can offer is war and they can't even do that well. They offer absolutely no hope for the next 4 years. Only the promise of more war. And they still haven't explained how they plan on paying for this.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So far, 4-2 Cheney!

Keep them coming!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It was a good duke out. Both scored shots and fired back.
It was about even up to the end.

I am biased, but I think the final summary went hands down to Edwards, talking about the hopes and dreams of everyday Americans, to get ahead. He soared. He touched me. Who can't relate to the kitchen table? especially in the morning. It becomes apparent why he won so many court cases.

I don't think the race will change fundamentally, but the Democrats won't lose any momentum and may pick up some.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Who can't relate to the kitchen table? especially in the morning.

Well you wont be sitting at the kitchen table under Kerry/edwards and dreaming of a bright future.......The Guy is WEAK on defense and NOW is when we need the hawks...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Despite this, and through most of the debate I thought it too close to call, but in the end, the last two questions in fact pulled Edwards ahead. His summary closed the deal. In true fashion he showed what it takes TO WIN, and how to win. His summation delivered to the average American hope, tugged at what is personal for them and declared he and Kerry understand.

Well what can you expect from an ambulance chaser who's job it is to tug on people's heart strings.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Substance - Cheney
Style - Cheney
TVQ - Edwards

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Well said Jamuhn. How well would either candidate have held up to a third party?

EDIT: Yes I would have to say Cheney won.

[edit on 10/5/04 by Bleys]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Bleys, I take it you feel Cheney won?

I'm just trying to get an idea before the major polls come out later.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I ahd a thread that was deleted DURING the debate, and then waited to post one and now it is closed? What happened to free speech?

This was wrong, we had three GOOD threads going.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join