It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I'm the Best Protector of Social Security - I'll Cut Overseas Spending Instead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ron Paul: I'm the Best Protector of Social Security - I'll Cut Overseas Spending Instead

How is it that the person with the most common sense gets ignored by his own party? And he's right the overseas spending needs to stop because that money is needed at home. We are rebuilding other countries while ours is falling apart it's time for Americans to wake up and take notice.

Notice he says he's not ready to support Romney and he is always campaigning.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

NWO.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Rand Paul sunk his battleship, and Now somebody named Gary Johnson is going to use Ron Paul's pledges to become the next president of the united States of America. man you cant make this stuff up... I still prefer paul over Johnson - I just trust Johnson more than Paul at this point... I'm getting tired of being fooled...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If Ron Paul ever got the chance to implement this -- the bad guys would kill him. Just like they killed Kennedy.

If we are ever gonna take back our country, we are going to have to get in the trenches with some serious hand-to-hand combat. The bad guys are totally dug in and will be dislodged by nothing else.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Your lack of optimism is far more dangerous to this country than anything "TPTB" could hoist onto such a figurehead.

Allow me to elaborate.

Truth does not respond to pessimism. Just because some have given up all hope, does not mean that you should.

Just a nugget of truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

And he's right the overseas spending needs to stop because that money is needed at home. We are rebuilding other countries while ours is falling apart it's time for Americans to wake up and take notice.

I wouldn't say we are rebuilding other countries - more like blowing them up and paying contractors to "rebuild" err I mean "pocket" the money.

But, even in spite of the corruption, yes, overseas spending has to stop. Could we, as individuals, pay our friends mortgages when we can't afford our own.......same principle, no?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And he's right the overseas spending needs to stop because that money is needed at home. We are rebuilding other countries while ours is falling apart it's time for Americans to wake up and take notice.

No you are not. You are allowing corporatists to steal your tax dollars and give themselves government contracts for rebuilding places like Haiti. Dont kid yourself. US foreign aid is a scam. It does not excuse the US of its evils.

You should stop the 'aid' scam. But dont pretend that it was a positive. America has raped the Third World for decades. The Third World is with NAM and NAM back China. Why wouldnt NAM back the US if the US is so very nice to the Third World? Because the Third World hates the US, and for good reason.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I agree with paul.

But the circus is rigged against him as we've seen in iowa.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
HUH, I wonder what I said in this thread that got me into trouble? Interesting...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
HUH, I wonder what I said in this thread that got me into trouble? Interesting...

If you reply to a removed post, your post is removed.

OP: Overseas spending is ridiculous. We spend billions send food to impoverished countries. Yet they stay impoverished and starving. Perhaps it's time for someone else to step up and do it. And while I'm an unabashed supporter of Israel, I can't stand funding them. They have their own borders, and they can protect them just fine without our money.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
and in turn "overseas" will cut spending here

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How is it that the person with the most common sense gets ignored by his own party?

Because his ''common sense'' is based on some antiquated, 18th-century parchment.

If Paul had his way, then the USA would regress to some backwardsass Amish-style hell-hole.

While I'm no fan of Mitt Romney, at least he has some kind of understanding of the modern world, and he wants to continue the progress of the US.

If Ron had any meaningful say - which, thank goodness he hasn't - then the USA would go back to Jim Crow laws.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Because his ''common sense'' is based on some antiquated, 18th-century parchment.

Citations.

If Paul had his way, then the USA would regress to some backwardsass Amish-style hell-hole.

Define backwards, define regress, define Amish, define hell-hole. Also citations.

While I'm no fan of Mitt Romney, at least he has some kind of understanding of the modern world, and he wants to continue the progress of the US.

Define understanding, define progress. Ditto citations.

If Ron had any meaningful say - which, thank goodness he hasn't - then the USA would go back to Jim Crow laws.

Define Jim Crow laws. Did someone say citations?

Bloody hell, I thought you Brits had some sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Because American politics and government are run by corporate entities.

SCOTUS ruled in favor of corporations 7 times without ever ruling against them. What's that say?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You are right but i still think they are out to get me... JK.

top topics

join