It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Not for the faint of heart***If you see something, film something

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
A very interesting video that deals specifically with police getting out of control. Now before folks call me a police hater please check some of my previous responses or posts around my support of the police in general. I still stick to the idea the their are far more good policemen out there vs. the horrible ones.Link

Some of this stuff even for me is very upsetting...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

hello, i can't watch it all, it makes me so sad that this sort of thing could ever happen, how can anyone ever even consider treating another human being, or any living thing for that matter so horrible, completely sick and twisted

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i hate the police with a passion and that video pushes me... the way they treat people and noone can do anything about it..
man i think people should stand up against cops.. they literally kill people everyday but cry when someone kills a cop..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by demontigny

I used to get sad and pissed off when I heard of a cop getting killed in the line of duty.
Now?

I just shake my head and wonder how many grandmothers and kids they've tazed.
How many people got the # kicked out of them at the hands of this douchebag?
How many innocent people did he put in jail on trumped up charges?
How many lives has he ruined just because his authority was challenged?

Yeah, now when I hear of a cop getting killed it makes me wish I could have gotten THAT on tape.
It would help to watch it after repeatedly being bombarded with these all too common videos of cops abusing their power.

Kinda like balances the scales of justice in my mind, ya know?
edit on 21-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
that has really peed me off
and im in the uk
cheers op

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

i'm in the uk too, i wonder if some of our cops are this bad? some probably are, were just not shown it...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Man, some of the stuff on that video was horrible. I'm wondering if/when we'll see a situation where a person is being beaten to the point of extremity and an armed citizen steps in to stop the police.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
funny thing is if they were doing this to one of your mates and you waded in to help you would be straight up on an assualt police charge.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Overwhelming majority was not an impressive example by those whose actions are supposed to be to "protect and serve".

There were a couple of incidents in the video that did not belong however.

Pretty sickening to see a guy who is down, getting beat near to death. Even if the guy is a scum bag and probably deserves it. The police are not there to mete out justice in the field.

We expect professional behavior from our police.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Disturbing and typical.The only law that I care about is an eye for an eye.What goes around, comes around.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
reply to post by davesmart

i'm in the uk too, i wonder if some of our cops are this bad? some probably are, were just not shown it...

My friend was running from the police after a fight on a night out. He stopped to surrender got on the floor as they asked and was completely passive, then the policeman casually walked up and pepper sprayed him for about 5 seconds......

I have been apprehended by Police in an alleyway where the copper clearly knew there was no cctv. He used his truncheon to push right into my chest against a wall so hard that it caused a massive bruise for several weeks afterwards. He was goading me into retaliating so he could then arrest me for assualting an officer. Seen it done so many times.

Just to add my offence was walking away from trouble at a bar.

They love the power trip
edit on 21-6-2012 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2012 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not saying this doesn't happen in other country's, but it seems America is thee absolute worst when it comes to cops on a power trip.

I couldn't watch all the video.. I got too enraged.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Establish a public law office would be good.
Record the abusive police, then well meet at the court later.
At least these things can have its limit.
..else...
Tommorow it could be you.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sorry Calgarian it happen in Canada to every day !

it's just mad no one do anything !

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sick to death of watching videos like this........but what can you do when it's happening all the time ?
The hatred in this world is unbelievable.
The power that the authorities have against the common civilian, wether at home or another country, has gotten way out of hand.
We, the people, have to start taking care of our own destiny.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

i totally agree with you.. and i think its garbage that we cant fight back against the police without going to jail for 6 plus years.. thats the only reason they get away with it.. if i see a cop doing things like that i think the people should be able to defend the helpless because its obvious the police are not doing their jobs right. there should be a law that assualting a police officer would be legal if they can prove that the cop was abusing thier power

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

thats really bad, and sadly doesn't suprise me, my husband used to live in wales in an area thats made up of small villages and the cops there were so corrupt it was unbelievable, and these are the people that are supposed to be protecting us. i do agree with the op though when he says there are more good cops than bad

thanks

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

I can honestly say I have never met a decent police officer. Some of the PCSO's are ok, but the regular Police have targets. And when its getting closer to the end of the month and they haven't hit them yet they get nasty....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I will add a caveat here: it IS an invasion of privacy to film a patient and post on a public forum. Patient Privacy Acts are very strict. Beware of showing identities of these individuals.

However--every interaction I have witnessed (and I have spent a number of years working in this field), has resulted in an illegal action either by intimidation, intimation, or ignorance. There is ONE police agency I have dealt with that worked above board.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

hello, i suppose i was actually wrong to say 'i think there are more good cops than bad' because i've been lucky enough to never actually have to deal with them before so therefore i just made assumptions, so i just went and asked my hubby who has had experiences with them and he agrees with you based on the way the cops behaved where he used to live.

this was one incident, my hubby wasn't involved in this one though,
3 people he used to know were breaking into a house when the cops turned up, 2 of them got away and 1 was caught and arrested and put in a cell,

the one that was arrested was told if he grassed on his accomplices they would go much easier on him, so he did, the cops then rang the accomplices to tell them their mate had grassed them both in and that they would drop the grass off at a certain place and time so that the other 2 could be there waiting for him, the accomplices then proceeded to give the grass a severe beating whilst the cop stood there and watched.

he's got many more similar incident there are too many details to post

cheers

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join