It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP can generate earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
or at least so some people claim. I would assume if HAARP posessed that capability at least some people in the scientific community would scream bloody murder. Are there people with the necessarry education to understand how haarp work and what it does who think it could potentially trigger devastating earthquakes?
edit on 21-6-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Thats not much of a post. I was expecting some new information or something. If your looking for some info yourself why not look at previous posts.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

here is a guy.

link to ATS thread

he even goes as far as stating HAARP could (potentially) manipulate time.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Nope. HAARP heats up the ionosphere and this creates a bulging effect, which has various applications, over the horizion radar, deep see communications, I also believe haarp like technology is being used to explore for oil and shale gas reserves.

Creating earthquakes? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Lol yeah that thread is good for a laugh alright.

The guy watched the Philadelphia experiment, clearly. HAARP is not manipulating gravity, it's not manipulating time....

In fact, HAARP isn't even that powerful, TV and Cell networks are broadcasting more power.

But it does make for fun making crap up sessions I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I done one paper on it a while ago www.kwakakev.com... . I could not conclusively prove it, but present some likely theories and available evidence. In a nutshell if it can be done:

What is most likely is the effect HAARP has on the magnetic fields of the Earth. By manipulating these magnetic fields in the outer atmosphere the repercussions will extend towards the Earth's core. By causing alterations in the natural magnetic forces within the Earth it introduce external stresses to the tectonic plates and induce earthquakes. The scientific field of seismicelectromagnitism is exploring this relationship and has identified links between the ionosphere and earthquakes. Lin [22] in a research article concluded "Principle Component Analysis was able to discriminate clear ionospheric total electron content anomalies in the months when all 18 earthquakes occurred, and such anomalies existed earlier than this 5-day statistical window.", with evidence of these anomalies found up to 11 days before an earthquake. Pulinets [23] in another paper summarises "The main and probably most important conclusion lies in the fact that the level of our present knowledge of ionospheric precursors of earthquake permits us to use them already in short term earthquake prediction".

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There's only one way to find out. Research. No one here knows (If anyone does, by all means...).

The general train of thought behind those that so boldly dare suggest something so sinister and outlandish like this can happen usually goes like this:

HAARP is capable of heating the ionosphere in a localized and focused manner.

The ionosphere has been noted to heat up in a localized and focused manner prior to some earthquakes. Japan '11(pdf) is an example of a focused heating/disturbing of the ionosphere above the epicenter.

Therefore HAARP could potentially create earthquakes! So you have a link between HAARP and Earthquakes - The ionosphere disturbances which is caused by both. This isn't my opinion, but my take on the average attempt at connecting the two.

What do I think? Anything is possible given enough time, resources, and experimentation. I'd lie if I said this concept hasn't been entertained by myself.

When it's suggested by someone that something is not possible because of the (lack thereof) amount of power involved in it's use, that to me shows a mind is limiting itself greatly.

Peace, and have a Harrpy day.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Well to my recollection nobody has been able to disprove his findings.

Not saying he is right though, i haven't got the 'kn0wh0w'

But what makes you so sure HAARP is as innocent as 'they' say.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
HAARP is capable of heating the ionosphere in a localized and focused manner.

The ionosphere has been noted to heat up in a localized and focused manner prior to some earthquakes. Japan '11(pdf) is an example of a focused heating/disturbing of the ionosphere above the epicenter.

Therefore HAARP could potentially create earthquakes! So you have a link between HAARP and Earthquakes - The ionosphere disturbances which is caused by both. This isn't my opinion, but my take on the average attempt at connecting the two.

So your logic is:

A causes B
Sometime C causes B
Therefore A can cause C

By the same logic:

Eating bad curry causes sickness
Nuclear fallout causes sickness
Therefore bad curry causes nuclear fallout

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Nope, if you read my post I stated this seems to be the general train of thought behind those who have claimed they can cause earthquakes. I was by no means personally claiming that was my logic, but that which I've seen in others. It's at the end of your quote of my post.

Reading before responding can help sometimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

Nope, if you read my post I stated this seems to be the general train of thought behind those who have claimed they can cause earthquakes. I was by no means personally claiming that was my logic, but that which I've seen in others. It's at the end of your quote of my post.

Reading before responding can help sometimes.

But you also said "I'd lie if I said this concept hasn't been entertained by myself. "

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

The ABC example does outline the logic behind the theory in an elementary way. How you compare it to bad curry sounds silly however and this is an effective debunking tactic.

If I wanted to provide conclusive evidence HAARP causes earthquakes, I would fail. If you wanted to prove that it cannot, you would put a lot of conspiracy minds to rest if you succeeded at doing so. Can you?

It's an interesting theory that I've never ruled in or out but usually stand back and watch in discussions because there's been a lot of it, especially since the quakes in Haiti and Japan.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

The ABC example does outline the logic behind the theory in an elementary way. How you compare it to bad curry sounds silly however and this is an effective debunking tactic.

It's not a tactic. It's a standard logical argument called Reductio ad absurdum. It shows that if your argument leads to ridiculous conclusions, then there's something wrong with the argument.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
HAARP is what my chamber wenches play while they feed me grapes after a solid 3 day bedroom Olympic event.

If anything....it heats up my bed sheets, and causes my bed frame to quake.

So yes, i guess your right...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Duh. They use copper needle layer in the high atmosphere to induce magnetic disturbances and shift tectonic plates a little.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

*nod* You learn something new every day. Reductio ad absurdum, eh? So by your counter logic, bad curry and nuclear fallout cause comparable effects in humans?

top topics

join