It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is British Airways Warning The People of The UK About The Olympics? (Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The whole ad itself was spooky enough , continual flashes of big ben and the time. And then right at the end walking into the arena and those giant pyramidial flood light things bearing down on you like massive pyramids with golden tops or eyes, i never thought they would be so menacing and .... well.. HFS they are like leaning over you looking down on you

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't think there's any hidden message, I mean think about it, how would an airline know that something was going to happen, and why would they tell you if they did, without even thinking about going to the lengths of making a TV ad for it.

That would kind of suggest the people who might know about or have planned such an attack cared about you - which clearly they don't since people just like you would be the ones who they would be attacking.

I think it's a case of a highly paid team of marketing idiots - you know the kind of people who sit around in a meeting room raucously laughing at each others pathetically unfunny jokes, and getting themselves all excited about their new amazing idea that is actually a big bag of #.

"I know, right. They're an airline, right? So let's tell people NOT to fly! GENIUS! That'll get people talking!"

Morons. I think people might instead think "here's an airline that we're supposed to trust in, and they're running their business so badly that they are actually telling their customers not to use them. What else do they tell people not to do - do they tell their mechanics not to do the maintenance on the planes. If they're so feckless do I really WANT to fly with them ever again?"

Can you imagine Cadburys telling people not to eat chocolate, or Sainsburys telling people to eat less.

I bet the shareholders are cock-a-hoop at their stupidity

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
The whole ad itself was spooky enough , continual flashes of big ben and the time. And then right at the end walking into the arena and those giant pyramidial flood light things bearing down on you like massive pyramids with golden tops or eyes, i never thought they would be so menacing and .... well.. HFS they are like leaning over you looking down on you

and theres some pseudo crucifix in between them! who buit this "temple"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by jrmcleod

As usual some over active imaginations on here did you look at what was under the don't fly message

#homeadvantage

www.thedrum.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.thedrum.co.uk...

Yes i noticed that. But that's not what i'm getting at. Its the DON'T FLY part. That's the bit that sticks out for me. Given that's its an airline, it just makes no sense. The rest of the ad could simply be to make it look like the reason not to fly is to support team GB.

The stadium will be FULL no matter how many people take a vacation. To tell people to stay at home for "the home support" is ridiculous. Most will watch it at home on their TV where the athletes have no advantage from them as spectators.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
arent they just asking people to stay in the uk to support team gb?

Also they have been having major problems with ques and maybe they are trying to persuade people not to fly and clog up heathrow/gatwick.

not everything's a conspiracy

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
On a side note, I really don't get the big hooha about the Olympics.

I do not care who can throw a stick the furthest, or who can run around in circles the fastest. Big HOORAH for whoever wins, but for the rest of us mere mortals it does absolutely nothing to enrich or improve our daily lives.

All we've had to do is be the suckers who pay for it all.

So, here you have BA putting the Olympics ahead of their own business.

But by LAW they have a duty of care to ALWAYS put the interests of the shareholders FIRST and above all else.

So by doing this, and encouraging people to NOT use them, they are breaking the law.

What they are doing is instead encouraging the customers of BA to go and spend their money with other businesses.

If sales are subsequently down and they lose money, then the whole board of directors should be fired.

They should be doing everything they can to encourage people to forget the Olympics and go abroad instead.

What they have done is get caught up in all of the ballyhoo about the Olympics, and even though it is detrimental to their own business have PAID MONEY to become a sponsor of something that can damage their earnings, and then on top of that they've ACTIVELY ENCOURAGED people NOT to use them as well!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

Also they have been having major problems with ques and maybe they are trying to persuade people not to fly and clog up heathrow/gatwick.

I'm not saying its a conspiracy. I posted it to get peoples opinions.

What possible advantage do athletes have from 60million people watching the Olympics on TV, please tell me?

The stadium will be full anyway, its not like 60million people will converge on London...

People can support team GB from India, Spain, Ibiza, Florida. What difference does it make to the athletes performance whether they watch it on ESPN in the states on their family holiday or at their home in the Scottish Highlands? - NONE!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
hmm.. Seems that monarchy is in the mood of more mass murders

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by doubledutch

I'm not saying its a conspiracy. I posted it to get peoples opinions.

What possible advantage do athletes have from 60million people watching the Olympics on TV, please tell me?

The stadium will be full anyway, its not like 60million people will converge on London...

People can support team GB from India, Spain, Ibiza, Florida. What difference does it make to the athletes performance whether they watch it on ESPN in the states on their family holiday or at their home in the Scottish Highlands? - NONE!

What it is, is an advert that is marketing the olympics. It might have BA plastered all over it, and you might associate them with flying, but what they're actually doing is promoting the Olympics.

The powers that be want to keep as many people in the country as possible to try and recover as much money as possible from the costs of hosting it, but of course we'll end up making a monumental loss.

If several thousand or hopefully tens of thousands of families stay in the Uk and spend a couple of £Thousand each, then it adds up to a lot of money in the UK economy.

I think that's what they're doing.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Perhaps this is just a reversed marketing campaign?

Sometimes a "you cant have this" approach creates renewed demand.

But yeah... Its probably totally sinister.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Imagine if you were TPBP... and it was time to make that long awaited move on Iran.. u would most likely close the borders and shut down the airlines due to being in a state of war... why not make an attempt to, at the very least, discretely encourage individuals to stay home so they don't become stranded outside of their border.. After all, loosing profit from people not flying probably wouldn't be as much of a concern if threatened by war..

Just a thought...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
They will have some kind of financial backing to do this, just like the £600 million boost they got in 2009.

Long term it will be beneficial for them.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Of course big ben will be showed alot of time! Its a symbol of London! Just like the millenium wheel, or the underground!

It makes sense that big ben is shown therefore, since its a symbol of the city with whom everyone can associate.

Really, stop looking for things that just simply are not there.

vvv

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Maybe we are looking into this whole thing to deeply OR maybe we are not looking hard enough?

Time will tell. Best watch from a distance to be safe and anyway you can see more on TV if you have one.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Can I just say to all those that are taking the stance of BA not wanting the brits too fly, due to the queues and being too busy......
The planes fly in BOTH directions....
The planes coming into the country will be bringing in those attending the olympics.
It would hold no effect on outbound flights taking brits out of the country.
Inbound flights would have no effect on queues.
It would also mean that they want less passengers on the outbound flights making them less profitable....
So, the question that needs to be asked, is why are BA happy to have empty or half full outbound flights?
I am not sure if they are scheduling extra flights into the UK for the olympics, but if they are, then empty outbound flights will become an even bigger issue.
Also, I saw earlier in the thread, someone mention that it is mostly buisness types that use BA instead of holiday makets, so another question that needs to be asked, is why are BA telling buisness users not to fly?
If you needed to make an important trip essential to your buisness, would you put it off, so you can cheer some folk running round a track? I think not!!!!
So... Why empty/half full planes ? And why no buisness folk to fly?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
thanks for your video, this ads is indeed an invitation not to go to the London Olympics...as you've noticed it, it's impossible that the end of the commercial says not to fly...while the other ads of British airways say "Fly"...

Watch this video on the London Olympics false flag it's an amazing proof:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FalseFlagOnOlympics

No it's not proof, it's fear mongering.

I'll bet you 50p and a fried egg butty the only bad thing to happen at the Olympics will be a bunch of drunk, skin headed chavs waving their white lighting cider bottles menacingly at the law before being dragged down a back alley to meet Mr Tazer and Dr. Truncheon.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

In my time on ATS I have never seen one of these predictions come true. I would be willing to wager money with anyone that nothing will happen at 2012 apart from some sporting events and maybe some protests.

ATS should set up a betting forum so people can put their money where their mouth is.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

ATS should set up a betting forum so people can put their money where their mouth is.

Tee-hee, great minds think alike, I beat you too it :-p

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The plane of course, taxis all the major terrorist targets, including the Houses of Parliament. This is very interesting because a few months back someone showed an apocalyptic 1995 “Illuminati Card Game” predicting the twin towers & pentagon attacks, but also (card 7 “The Combined Disasters Card”) showing: Big Ben falling down, together with parliament on fire, and people running away (coincidentally or not) wearing between them the colors of the Olympics logo.
www.cuttingedge.org...
www.youtube.com...

Numerous UK governments, have moaned about the UK’s parliamentary buildings no longer being fit for purpose. (Kind o f reminds how the World Trade Centres were also barely fit for purpose, being constructed as a very expensive to upgrade, asbestos time bombs –which is one reason they’re collapse benefited lease owner, Larry Silverstone)

So it does increasingly seem, that after the Olympics, the UK government will getting a new, more spacious building. Probably also devoid of architectural character & beauty, which of course would be very representative of many, less ethical, occupants!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join