It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Members Quotes Thread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Looking through the forums i realized "Wouldn't it be great if ATS could store some of it's amazing and truly inspirational quotes in a thread!"

So here it is guys post some of your Own brilliant Quotes so that the community may appreciate your wisdom

I'll start off with a few of my own (probably not up to scratch compared to others we may see here "Cough"):

I see no patience in mankind, we always rush ahead of ourselves and do not take time to savor the journey~ Ted

I fear i will fear; fear because of the system entirely worth fearing~Ted

Don't rush me, when my mind functions too fast i mistake's....Like putting a comma in "Mistakes"~Ted

By all means try harder, however there's no guarantee it will be worth while~Ted

When i hug myself in public people look at me weird, Much like when i hug homeless people in public, And yet when i hug friends in public nobody takes a blind bit of notice. I'm not sure i have a point or what relevance this has whatsoever to anything anyone just said but i feel better for getting it off my chest never-the-less~Ted

Come to think of it my Quotes are terrible, Maybe you guys can do better....

Original Quotes only please good people

edit on 20/6/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I LOVE this thread Idea, best of luck to you and I look forward to all the other posters comments.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If I may quote myself, in a thread I made, about whether or not War is an inevitability.

Before I left his place, I said, I will prove to you that war is not inevitable. Disagreements mabye, but not war. He said how do you intend to do that? "well you would say we disagree on this issue yes?" Yes. well I dont recall either of us resorting to violence even once tonight. Then I gave him a hug and left.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I am still searching for the exact post in which I said this, but I remember the quote fairly well. It was about that law a while a back where it was suggested by many that it would allow for permanent detention of an American Citizen. I actually learned a lot from that thread.

A law that is open to interpretation, is also open to manipulation.

edit on 20-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
very gracious to quote yourself after you mention the word's amazing and truly inpirational.
i like that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wonderful idea, my friend. S & F!

I don't know if anything I've stated on ATS is quote worthy, but I'd love to leave my all time favorite quotes for consideration:

"Sometimes your joy can be the source of a smile but sometimes a smile can be the source of your joy". --- Thich Nhat Hanh

"We may never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ---Mother Teresa

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I like your quote too, Pernickety but modest of you

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

“The last capitalist we hang shall be the one who sold us the rope.”

― Karl Marx

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I like it, we should strive for discovering the great intellect within this community.

The Constitution has not been "altered" and I am not comfortable with even the fact that you think this Constitution has been "altered" let alone comfortable with the fact that your comfortable with the idea of the Constitution being "altered". What has been altered is the attitude we take towards the Constitution. What you are comfortable with is this radicalized view of the Constitution and the application you call "Constitutional" which is anything but.∼Jean Paul Zodeaux

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D on behalf of John Paul Z

Jean paul's quote's are some of the best

The Community has a lot of wisdom to offer

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If you yourself in a hole....stop digging.

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I could do this all day with Jean Paul Zodeaux. There are just so many.If you knew what you're talking about you wouldn't have relied upon a logical fallacy. ~Jean Paul Zodeaux

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Something I tell people when I try to explain the SHTF scenario and what's coming for mankind:

"If I'm Wrong...No Harm Done. But If You're Wrong...."

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
2 quotes I use often, that I didn't make up myself but are still truths....

"It's 5 o'clock somewhere...." (drinking quote)

"It'll go away by the time your married." (lack of concern because I'm drinking)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The only fraud here is the number of stars he got

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey a "toot your own horn" thread. Right up my ally considering I'm full of myself

My sig contains my 2 favorites atm, but I'll go ahead and copy them here because I'm bound to come up with more.

This one is from a conversation on Facebook about relationships:

"Actions speak louder than words... but perception trumps them both."

And this one came out in an abortion debate:

"The moment of conception and the moment of death are the only possible places to draw a line between a man's existence and his non-existence."

And by the way, I'm not conceded... I'm convinced.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't know who originally said this, but I like it.

"I've been here before. I'm here now. And I'll be back again.
edit on 20-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know the idea of the thread is to quote yourself, but I don't think I've ever said anything quote worthy. I've seen some statements from other members I thought were awesome though. Jean Paul Zodeaux.

If I can find a few, I'll post them here. Good idea Ted.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

edit on 20-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"The whole damned thing and the wars that followed was a sham. And it is bigger than that. Can you imagine the endgame? Walk outside and look around. Imagine all of it gone. No grocery store. No job to go to. No church. No filling station. No power or gas. No law enforcement. No cavalry coming. Just chaos. That day is coming." - ATS Member "Numbers33four"
edit on 20-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BoyMeetsWorldATS

Love it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join