It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda member takes hostages in France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

news.sky.com

A man who claims to be a member of al Qaeda has taken several hostages in a bank in Toulouse, southwest France.

The man fired a shot and is holding four people, including the bank manager, after an attempted armed robbery apparently went wrong, UNSA police union official Cedric Delage said.

Toulouse is France's fourth largest city

An anti-terrorist police unit is on its way to CIC bank on Avenue Camille Pujol, he added.

The bank and surrounding area have been cordoned off.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is just breaking right now on skynews but i'm wondering how they know so quick that the guy is a member of Qaeda??

If so, what was his sole purpose? To rob the bank and buy weapons for some terrorist act??

Anyways, i dont really have much else to say on the matter until we get more news about this event so i'm just filling in the blanks so this gets posted!

news.sky.com

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
hi, have been reading threads about this already here is one and in it ive left a link to another

big news today

duke

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I actually banked at that very Bank and branch. I hope everyone makes it out ok.

Sad sad news.

T

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DukeEligos
hi, have been reading threads about this already here is one and in it ive left a link to another

big news today

duke

I also started another here about 3 hours ago!!! www.abovetopsecret.com...

He fired a shot and has asked to speak to the elite police unit RAID. These were the chaps who shot the gunman in March who was targetting Jewish schools etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

i linked yours in on the other thread, nobody uses search tool at all anymore ..becomes boring reading the same stuff over and over.

great original find

Duke

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just one of many similar problems the France will be experiencing in the futurewww.nydailynews.com...

Text
The hostage-taker said he wanted the elite RAID national police force to come negotiate with him, police said. The RAID police force led negotiations and a 32-hour standoff with Merah, a Frenchman of Algerian origin, in his Toulouse apartment. Merah was shot in the head in a gunfight at the end of the standoff.

French authorities described Merah as an Islamic radical who had trained in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

French intelligence officials said at the time that they found no operational ties between Merah and al-Qaida despite his claim.

His brother is in custody after being handed preliminary charges of complicity to plotting the killings at a Jewish school in Toulouse and of paratroopers in Toulouse and nearby Montauban.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
didnt know it should go in off-topic!!

I see lots of threads on this forum regarding this kind of thing so i dont think twice about posting here.... if the rules aren't clear enough then maybe they should be...

Also if one person can post in here about something which isnt 'breaking news' quality... then why can't the rest??

Anyway, whats the latest?
edit on 20-6-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
didnt know it should go in off-topic!!

I see lots of threads on this forum regarding this kind of thing so i dont think twice about posting here.... if the rules aren't clear enough then maybe they should be...

Also if one person can post in here about something which isnt 'breaking news' quality... then why can't the rest??

Anyway, whats the latest?
edit on 20-6-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

I've been in threads where a mod will close it, admonish the OP for not using the search engine, then link to another thread that was closed by another mod, also admonishing the OP for not using search.

So the search engine must be hard for even the mods to use.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

news.sky.com

A man who claims to be a member of al Qaeda has taken several hostages in a bank in Toulouse, southwest France.

The man fired a shot and is holding four people, including the bank manager, after an attempted armed robbery apparently went wrong, UNSA police union official Cedric Delage said.

Toulouse is France's fourth largest city

An anti-terrorist police unit is on its way to CIC bank on Avenue Camille Pujol, he added.

The bank and surrounding area have been cordoned off.

What is CIA doing in france?...lol

Well TPTB need to keep "muslim terrorism" fresh in people's minds.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It turns out that the dude has mental health issues and had stopped taking his medication. The French police decided not to kill him because he is ill so they winged him.

top topics

join