It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at opryland hotel hosting National Sheriff's Assoc. conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
www.fox10tv.com...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WALA) - Nashville Metro Police and fire crews are responding to an explosion at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. The hotel is hosting the National Sheriff’s Associations Annual Conference & Exhibition.

I'm surprised that nothing on this has been posted yet. Apparently an explosion happened at the Opryland hotel while hosting the National Sheriff's Association's annual conference. I am not sure that this is the forum it should be posted in but i'm going to go with it and please move it if it is not. My question is how will this one be set up. And something to keep in mind is that there were no injuries so apparently not a big explosion.

Is it going to have been a gas leak, or perhaps domestic terrorists. My guess is on the latter. I'm going to go ahead and say its either another "terrorist attack" or a group of americans specifically targeting police which means the public will need to be cracked down on more or perhaps further monitored.

Thoughts?

completely agree, i like what i've been seeing lately from them which is why i'm getting at "american domestic terrorist" to either throw them off of defending the citizens and over reach of the federal government. Then again, it could have just been a gas leak of some sort.

edit on 19-6-2012 by j230ns because: edited to add my quote from a couple posts down because i was tired and re-read and it did sound a little bit like baiting

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

We'll see, but there have been more than a few sheriffs standing up to federal intrusion in their counties lately, especially in the western states. Looking forward to more info ...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was gonna comment about the "only" two possibilities, but I think ill stop myself

Maybe we should see what even happened, how big it was? It says no one was hurt thus far

edit on 19-6-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

completely agree, i like what i've been seeing lately from them which is why i'm getting at "american domestic terrorist" to either throw them off of defending the citizens and over reach of the federal government. Then again, it could have just been a gas leak of some sort.

Originally posted by morder1
I was gonna comment about the "only" two possibilities, but I think ill stop myself

Maybe we should see what even happened, how big it was? It says no one was hurt thus far

edit on 19-6-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

yeah, lets stay away from the "only" two for now and see how this pans out.
edit on 19-6-2012 by j230ns because: edited to add a reply to morder1 so i don't spam my own thread TOO much

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Found a little more info:

NASHVILLE — About 5,000 guests at Opryland Hotel have been evacuated after an explosion on the first floor in the Delta area of the resort, said Nashville Fire Department spokesman Ricky Taylor. As of 10:25 p.m., guests were still not allowed inside the complex. The hotel was reportedly sold out for the evening, Taylor said. "This explosion was strong enough that it destroyed one of the escalators and blew upward through the first floor into the second floor," Taylor said. "An area the size of a football field was affected. This is all internal. Nothing is visible from the outside of the building."

Source
edit on 19-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

Domestic terrorists!! must be!!

Really???

The sheriffs might be the only law enforcement out there that does give a crap about our rights eroding away... why would "domestic terrorists" want to stop them from trying to get our rights back?

seriously I feel like im being baited here

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So far some are hinting on a Natural Gas explosion. One report said they're thinking it came from behind the elevators. I'm thinking maybe a natural gas generator that is used to run the elevator during power outages could have somehow malfunctioned?
edit on 19-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
this smells worse that three day old dead fish in a hot campper

stinky

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

yeah, That's the first thing that I thought also.

Maybe the fed's are sending a message?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

The delta area sounds interesting, could it be the sheriff's are sending a message to the feds, being all internal and that. Maybe just reading too much into it as well...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wkrn.com says 4500 of the 5000 were sheriffs.

Now I come to ATS to get my local news! Good posting OP, I can't find any local live coverage.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think this is a picture.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

www.wkrn.com...

www.wsmv.com...
edit on 20-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
reply to post by j230ns

Domestic terrorists!! must be!!

Really???

The sheriffs might be the only law enforcement out there that does give a crap about our rights eroding away... why would "domestic terrorists" want to stop them from trying to get our rights back?

seriously I feel like im being baited here

Good point. Could be a warning shot against the Sheriffs to not get in the way.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

This looks like a threat to me..
I hope it was just random, but I have to question something..

I don't see any burn marks anywhere. Wouldn't a natural gas explosion be fire based? Things like C-4 don't make fire and therefore no burn marks.

Looking at the pictures I think there was more than one "bomb" or "point of explosion" It looks like weak explosions at that, If these are the right pictures.

From JBA2848's first link:

Reyes said he and other hotel guests did not smell natural gas at the time of the explosion. He said they began smelling the gas about an hour after the blast as they were waiting in the parking lot.

edit on 6/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Was sheriff Joe Arpaio at this meeting?
Who would target him? Think of the implications of that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

"My wife was with me and we were trying to get everyone out of the room, out of the hotel and of course elevators weren't working now. And gas or what smelled like gas and fumes and all sorts of debris was falling so we were located where you didn't want to be," Hall said.
reply to post by Dustytoad

Source

But then again you have this comment that someone did smell gas. We will never know the full truth I am sure.

This place is cursed I tell ya. They seem to always be having problems of some sort out there.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
2 birds with one stone. Give the American public what they want. Fear. More excuses for more Big Brother. Of course it's domestic terrorists wanting to hurt the states right's against the federal gov. Right.

Sadly enough, most Americans will believe that it is a domestic terrorist event, instead of the person that sends them their tax returns.

Let's give them a taste of their own medicine. The FED wouldn't be such a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I
Was sheriff Joe Arpaio at this meeting?
Who would target him? Think of the implications of that.

not sure but they would have to be pretty stupid to target arpaio with an explosion. Since no one got hurt it was a failed attempt so even dumber. Most likely this was just a message to scare them, either that or natural occurence but that seems unlikely from the pics.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow, i stayed the night in nashville too.....creerpy. i bet it was just a message to arpaio. Hes messin with some big fish

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I really dont think it is going to matter what happened whether it be a Domestic
or a gas leak.

It will be what ever they want it to be to satisfy an agenda to meet the needs of what crap they want to pull. Before I get jumped i am not including all Sheriff's on this. Thinking more the Gov as a backlash to the Few Sheriff's that are standing with us the people and not bending to the Gov.

However it is not up to them how it is spun and played out in the news!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join