It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unger strike: Obama’s former professor says he ‘must not’ win in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Apparently Obama wasn't paying attention in class..

news.yahoo.com...

Harvard Law School professor Roberto Unger, who taught President Barack Obama classes such as Jurisprudence and Reinventing Democracy, said last month that his former student has betrayed liberals and should lose the presidency in November.

“President Obama must be defeated in the coming election,” Unger said in a sit-down video posted to his YouTube account in May, which also attacked the Republican party.

“If [The Republicans] had their way, inequality would be even greater than it is now,” Unger said, before acknowledging that a Romney win would lead to some undesirable “judicial and administrative appointments.”

But those costs, to Unger, pale in comparison to the risks of an Obama second term.

“The Democratic Party has no new direction. … [Obama] has failed to advance the progressive cause,” Unger said. “He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices.”

Then, gripping his chair tightly as if to strap in for an earthquake of truth-telling, Unger proceeded to unleash a series of one-liners against Obama.

“He has subordinated the broadening of economic and educational opportunity to the important but secondary issue of access to healthcare. … He has evoked a politics of hand-holding. … His policy is financial confidence and food stamps.”

Unger has posted several interviews with himself on his YouTube channel, which are viewed only rarely. Unger typically disables comments on his videos, and he receives few positive or insightful comments when he does allow user interaction.

edit on 17-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: newthread... replacing double thread

edit on 17-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: link!?!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Other than the dictionary he must have swallowed........he speaks some pertinent truths.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Any of Obama's classmates have a stance on Obama,as well ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In other words - - this guy doesn't agree with Obama's politics.

Obama is NOT Liberal.

. . . said last month that his former student has betrayed liberals

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You mean he actually went to Harvard?
I kid.

Obama has managed to piss a lot of people off. This guy is really "first class snob" pissed off it seems, as he can't just say he is pissed. He did an oral report intelligently on how very not happy he was.

I pretty much agree with what he said if I look at it from his view. However, I view it from the side closer to the right instead. He has done damage on both sides of the aisle IMO.

He is starting to lose some of his base and I wonder if he can't see it, or if he just doesn't care.

I just really, really, wish that it could have been everything he said it would be. I didn't vote for him and won't vote for him in this election. But I would have been happy had we actually seen more hope and change instead of more rhetoric as is status quo for most presidents.

He has enough high dollar backers, that this guy is probably going to be "really not pleased" again after the results are in.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Obama is NOT Liberal.

But but but he plays one on tv!!!!!!

There are no liberals in Washington DC what passes for liberal today is the antithesis of the word.

I agree with the Harvard professor.
edit on 17-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Basically this tells me that even Obama has been corrupted by TPTB.

He appears to be towing a progressive line to ME but to uber-leftists he’s not doing enough!

This should be proof-positive to everyone that the left/right is an illusion; at least the left (Obama) and right (Romney) we’re shown.

There is a RIGHT and LEFT but they don’t make it into office (the RIGHT sure as hell doesn’t).

Very telling!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This guy is what I pictured O'brien from 1984 to look like

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Obama is NOT Liberal.

There are no liberals in Washington DC what passes for liberal today is the antithesis of the word.

You would agree with ANYTHING anti-Obama.

You seem to live for it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
In other words - - this guy doesn't agree with Obama's politics.

Obama is NOT Liberal.

. . . said last month that his former student has betrayed liberals

They're all saying that lately !!

Especially since Obama has been fully exposed and discredited.

They all follow the Communist Manifesto plank system.

It's all Marxist regardless of how They define it within their own ranks or what They name any part of it.

But They are only preaching to their own choirs in desperate attempts to retain what few votes are left.

Get ready for a two-term Romney.

Too many Obama "supporters" are campaigning for Romney now.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I just wonder who paid him off....someone from Romney's camp perhaps.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Why does this man think his opinion is valued?

Damn, I hate people like him. They seem to think that because they've taught in a musty old room and been paid for it every little brain fart they produce must be noteworthy.

I don't give a damn if the guy is a professor, his personal political opinion means sh*t to me.

Also interesting to point out that the idiot rants about class and wealth divides (that is already in itself funny, from his snooty perch!) and then suggests not voting for Obama... right, so vote for a Republican? How the hell is that going to fix the massive social chasms in the social fabric of the USA?

The Democrats are no good, they're following the same BS script. But the Republicans are the party of the wealthy, they couldn't give a rats ass about racial, economic and social equality, just the profit they can generate.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow, this guy looks like a tough professor. Although what he says makes sense, I'm not sure how voting for Romney would help anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Romney has like 30 people showing to see him,,,Obama has like 17000............still doesnt mean anything,,Ron Paul is gonna slay both of them. I could care less about Obama or Romney,,,IMO, the media portrays Romney as having "support"....I dont see it .Only in Bank of America and etc.
edit on 18-6-2012 by avatard because: ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

LOL

That was my first thought.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I just wonder whether you should focus on whether what he is saying is true or not rather than thinking who might have bought him off.

Debate the words not the messenger

There's more ad hominems in this thread than intellectual comments

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Obama is NOT Liberal.

double post somehow. sorry
edit on 18-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Obama is NOT Liberal.

You, Neo96, agree that if the Republicans have their way that inequality would be even worse than it is now?

I find this hard to believe and frankly, like Anee, I think you chimed in because your ATS search function came back with a new hit for "Obama Bad"

How can you agree that he is a communist and a corporatist?
edit on 18-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Does anybody else think he looks like he might have survived a stroke?

It would explain the raised eyebrow and the fact that he kind of talks with one side of his mouth.

Also, I agree with basically everything he said

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have thought about whether his words are true or not...but he still may have been paid off...whether what he says is true or not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join