It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT Creates Glucose Fuel Cell....Serious NWO/RFID Implications!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The far-reaching realms of science fiction literature and film constantly puts forth a future in which wetware, computer mechanisms embedded in our bodies, will be as common as wearing a pair of glasses. And while the real-world hurdles to some of those wetware scenarios have yet to be conquered, a significant challenge regarding brain-to-computer interfaces has finally been overcome by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

The breakthrough technology is a tiny implantable fuel cell chip that uses glucose to power its functions and could one day be used to drive computer-to-brain interfaces. What makes the chip so groundbreaking is that, like semiconductor electronic chips, the fuel cell chip is made from silicon.

Glucose Fuel Cell

Ok, as great as this could be for the "intended" purpose of helping people who are injured, there could be many "Big Brother" type uses for it as well. As most of you know there are two categories of RFID chips, active and inactive. The inactive chips are the ones that vets implant into dogs, and the ones that are on security ID badges, credit cards, passports etc. These inactive chips can only be read from about six inches away and can't transmit data. Active RFID chips can be read from considerable distance as they use a power supply and a transmitter to transmit the information to a receiver.

I think that this glucose fuel cell could be what will power active RFID chips in the human body. Right now there is no good way to continuously power an active RFID implant. These glucose fuel cells run off the same glucose that powers the muscles in the human body It is great technology, when used properly.

I'm trying to bring this to your attention so we can know what to expect in the near future. We need to stay one step ahead of the technology to avoid loosing all of our "rights".

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Any step to miniaturization, more efficient processing power, better power sources, could be considered a step in the whole conspiracy angle....

But how about hey we might be able to give sight to the blind by building an eye that is powered by the human body...

this is a step in the direction of a Deus Ex type world, with implants that feed you info, at some point if tech keeps increasing we will have implants, and because of their nature they will be track able. Just like cell phones are now.
edit on 17-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already posted... like twice.

Active RFID chips can be read from considerable distance as they use a power supply and a transmitter to transmit the information to a receiver.

It's called a cellular phone.

Don't have one?

Why bother tracking you? There's obviously something wrong with you if you don't have a cell phone.

I'm trying to bring this to your attention so we can know what to expect in the near future. We need to stay one step ahead of the technology to avoid loosing all of our "rights".

I've never really understood this leap of logic.

If you own a home - your address is registered with some form of government agency. If you have a vehicle - the physical location of your vehicle (more than likely your residence) is notated for taxation purposes. The list goes on.

If someone wants to find you - there's no need to use RFID. Private detectives have been locating people since the manila folder was the tracking device of choice.

How does having an RFID mysteriously implanted into you suddenly jeopardize your rights?

Or, perhaps more pertinent... how would you "just happen" to get stuck with an implanted RFID device? Is that like getting pregnant from a hot tub (or from falling in the shower)?

I mean... I can't count the number of times I've woken up with random-ass implants in my body that I've had to cut out or microwave. Damned ninja surgeons...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Because its already law that we in America must have these things implanted in order to have insurance by 2014

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

Because its already law that we in America must have these things implanted in order to have insurance by 2014

I'm from Missouri.

Show Me.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

It seems like it is just a provision for tracking all implants that is supposed to start by March 23 2013. It is to keep track of all implanted medical devices. It doesn't say anything about need RFIDs to have insurance. I think that RFIDs will be mandatory one day, but not for this.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i did indeed , create a thread regarding this , if you wish to view it feel free , their is a member that puts things into prospective

S+F

humbly

LSH

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That sounds much more reasonable.

Honestly, I don't see the use of RFID on humans. Biometric scanning is where it's all going. Fingerprints, facial structure, iris patterns - all of those are infinitely more useful data to have on an individual compared to a tracking device.

Otherwise - the complexity and intrusiveness of an implant are just too great of an obstacle to great for them to simply be used for tracking.

Now - eventually, cybernetics will improve to the point where just about everyone will have a cyber interface 'implanted' (more than likely built inside of their bodies by nano machines - but that's still a considerable ways off).

But by that point - computer scanning and identification software will be so powerful and accurate that hundreds of security cameras could scan thousands of faces every second (possibly even have resolution great enough to do iris scans) to identify individuals of interest.

So, the idea someone may be able to identify you by the MAC address on your cybernetic interface is not all that objectionable by comparison.

That said - I think most cybernetics will be rather minimal interfaces - akin to a Blue Tooth keyboard or mouse - an interface device that has standard protocols allowing diverse interaction with hardware/software running the appropriate protocols. And also short ranged (it might be able to connect to an external transceiver like a cell phone - but it won't be making calls directly - the power required for that is simply too high and not a good idea to place in the body).

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Looks like you are correct. Biometrics is where it seems to be heading. I've been so concerned over the past five years about RFIDs that I completely overlooked biometrics. I just quickly did some looking into them and it seems like that is the direction everyone is heading. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Now I will obsess over this for a while. Maybe TPTB made the MSM bring up RFIDs years ago so people would concentrate on them while TPTB worked on biometric technology in the background.

Thanks again

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Maybe science fiction fans and their paranoia thought since "aliens" were loading people up with RFID buttplugs that they thought government would be in on it too...

The RFID delusion I never fully understood. The biggest being that they can be reprogrammed or replaced or discarded. SO... Makes it kinda useless when circumnavigated.

Getting rid of your fingerprints or irises on the other hand, might leave some scarring.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So couldn't we realistically run a vehicle on sugar alcohols if this were put into large scale production?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Yes... and no.

In principle - yes, if you could scale up the design, one could power a vehicle off of glucose and some alcohols.

In reality - you aren't just looking to run a single vehicle off of such technology - but an entire fleet of vehicles. This is a fairly involved ordeal. Many issues have to be addressed: Is the device more efficient than a hydrocarbon fuel cell? Can it scale to provide the power necessary to compete with other designs on the market (a car that takes ten minutes to reach highway speeds is just not going to be taken seriously)? Is it affordable?

It's not even all about the engine - but also about the logistics of supplying the fuel: How will the fuel be produced? Can it be produced in quantities sufficient to meet demand without disrupting existing supply systems to an unacceptable level (IE - for biomass to provide enough E85 to power just 10% of the world's automobiles - an area the size of Iowa would be required to do nothing but farming to support E85.... 100% ethanol fuel is simply not realistic)? Does it provide comparable energy density to other sources (how far will a tank of fuel take me)?

This may help pave the way for more efficient and practical hydrocarbon fuel cells - but in and of itself, it doesn't really offer much outside the scale of powering very low power implants.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Very true it could be used for Big Brother purposes (as much as I hate to say it), but it can also be used for amazing other things. Artificial organs, machines that can function with the body, muscle suits that run on bioelectricity

top topics

join