It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

�Fahrenhype� Shreds Moore�s 'Fahrenheit'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
�Fahrenhype� Shreds Moore�s 'Fahrenheit'
Jon E. Dougherty, NewsMax.com
Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2004

www.newsmax.com...

"There is no terrorist threat."

Those are the words of uber-liberal filmmaker and author Michael Moore, whose controversial film "Fahrenheit 9/11," which essentially blamed President Bush for the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, has sparked a number of counter-films.

One of them, "Fahrenhype 9/11," by Alan Peterson, features interviews with a number of today's most influential decision-makers, analysts and pundits.

Narrated by actor Ron Silver � an admitted two-time Bill Clinton supporter who is highly critical of Moore � the film dissects Moore's work point by point, even featuring a number of people who appeared in the liberal icon's original film.

'Fahrenhype' opens with an interview of the Sarasota, Fla. grade school principal, Tose Rigell, who was hosting President Bush when he was told a pair of airliners had crashed into the World Trade Center, leading his advisors to inform him, "America is under attack."

Moore asserted Bush was to slow to react, but Peterson's film shows that not only did the president react calmly and correctly, but did so in a timely fashion.

Says Rigell in the film, "I thought Bush reacted well."

At another point in Peterson's film, Ed Koch, former Democratic mayor of New York City, is incredulous over Moore's assertion that terrorists do not threaten the U.S.

"I said, 'Three thousand people were killed! How can you say that?'" Koch said during his interview.

Dick Morris, a co-writer of the film, was also interviewed extensively.

Morris notes how Moore offered no criticism of Bill Clinton, though the Sept. 11 attacks had been plotted largely during the Clinton presidency.

Morris says although Clinton is a very intelligent person, he was not really aware of the severity of the terrorist threat facing the country, despite eight years' worth of examples, beginning with the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.

He also said Clinton's national security team pooh-poohed an opportunity in the mid-1990s to get al Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. He said the country of Sudan offered him up, but the Clinton White House refused to take the offer seriously.

By the time bin Laden became a wanted man, he was "tucked away" in Afghanistan, being protected by the al Qaida-friendly Taliban regime, and was out of reach, Morris said.

Morris also said an aviation security panel chaired by then-Vice President Al Gore actually came up with some very good ideas, but they were never implemented by the White House.

"I hold Clinton very responsible for the failure of aviation security," Morris says in �Fahrenhype.�

Michael Moore made numerous charges against Bush, including a conspiracy led by Bush and Dick Cheney that was concocted to help their business supporters build an oil pipeline through Afghanistan, which is why, Moore charges, they wanted to invade that country.

Interviewees of Peterson refuted such charges, however, and showed how Moore was trying to make points based not on fact but on innuendo and insinuation.

"I had the distinct privilege of being interviewed for this film," says Mike Cawley, of Roy, Utah. "My brother was killed in Iraq March 29, 2003. The level of disgust I feel toward Michael Moore and his type is beyond words�"

Frank Gaffney, who heads up the Center for Security Policy and was President Reagan's assistant secretary of defense, appeared in the film to help refute Moore's assertion there is no terrorist threat to the U.S.

In particular, Gaffney was among the first analysts to note "the international situation bequeathed by Bill Clinton to George Bush was considerably more threatening than was widely perceived at the time."

Also featured in 'Fahrenhype': David Hardy and Jason Clarke, authors of "Michael Moore is a Big, Fat Stupid White Man; Bill Sammon, best-selling author and senior White House correspondent for the Washington Times who was with President Bush at the Sarasota school on 9/11; U.S. Sen. Zell Miller, D-Ga., keynote speaker at the Republican National Convention; best-selling author, syndicated columnist and Fox News contributor Ann Coulter; best-selling author of "American Jihad" and noted terrorist investigator Steven Emerson; Dave Kopel, an editor of National Review and someone who has repeatedly documented ways Moore has twisted facts; David Frum, a former speechwriter for President Bush and best-selling author of "The Right Man: The Surprise Presidency of George W. Bush;" and U.S. Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., member of the homeland security committee who lost hundreds of constituents on 9/11.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have been sitting here reviewing my thoughts regarding Moore. Why does he do the things he does? The only answer I can come up with is that he is evil. I cannot think of another word to describe him. Why else would he do the things he does? He obviously gains some sort of sick pleasure by trying to destroy the reputations of innocent people and our country for that matter. I do not hate him. I pity him. He must be miserable. To walk around with that much hate inside must be horrible. I believe the lies and hatred he spreads, he believes, in some way evens up the score for some wrong(s), real or perceived, done to him in the past. As to the people who believe in and follow him, how sad! Their lives must be miserable as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I have been sitting here reviewing my thoughts regarding Moore. Why does he do the things he does? The only answer I can come up with is that he is evil. I cannot think of another word to describe him. Why else would he do the things he does? He obviously gains some sort of sick pleasure by trying to destroy the reputations of innocent people and our country for that matter. I do not hate him. I pity him. He must be miserable. To walk around with that much hate inside must be horrible. I believe the lies and hatred he spreads, he believes, in some way evens up the score for some wrong(s), real or perceived, done to him in the past. As to the people who believe in and follow him, how sad! Their lives must be miserable as well.

EVIL??? Well I would say that if not of Christ then............

plus a traitor would not be a bad description either but the first is better.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
"Fahrenhype 911" will never be seen anywhere by anyone. It is a lame piece of propaganda with no budget and no distribution and no audience and no interest except amongst Bush sycophants at obscure websites such as this one.

Unlike its subject, which took better than "Best Film" "Oscar" at Cannes and which exposed the tragedy of the incumbent US admin to people who otherwise might have never known.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
First off, I do not like George Bush. I think it was a mistake going into Iraq. More importantly, in regards to this subject, I believe that Micheal Moore is a scumbag. He even shot a scene of a military funeral to try and prove his point. In doing so, he created a situation for that family that will be a constant reminder of their loss. If that was'nt bad enough, he did'nt even have permission to do so. This man's family even proved that their family member supported Bush, but you don't see an interview with them do you. He is a slob of his own making and does,nt deserve to breath fresh air, much less win an award.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
regardless of if you feel the war is just or not, you have to admit that Moore is pathetic.

His whole career is based on LIES! Everything he does is spun and half truth (if that much). How can this movie be called a documentory? All it documents is his lies!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
LOL - it's not a crime you know!

well perhaps it is to Republicans!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
1. Voting for democrats is illegal under the Patriot Act

2.Did anyone ever read Micheal Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man? search.barnesandnoble.com...

3. Moore's disorder is called Narcissistic Personality Disorder www.mentalhealth.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Heres what I don't get. Based on his earlier works, any rational person knows that a movie released by micheal moore is ging to be propaganda for his political beliefs so why does anyone watch his movies looking for truth? I understand that he can be a very funny gy, I understand watchng his movies as entertainment, but looking for facts or truth in MM's movies is like looking for truth in a stallone flick.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Documentaries usually does show the angle intended by their author. This goes for the news as well. Plain and simple. However, that is hardly the same thing as lying.

There is a very simple way for the Bush Administration to defuse the effectiveness of the message behind Fahrenheit 9/11, if it is in fact, filled with actual lies. And that is to sue the pants off of Mr Moore.

Have they done so?

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Unlike some here who are critical of Moore's work, I have seen the movie and guess what it did not have anything in it that had not been seen already on the news. Moore took what we had already heard over a three year period and put it into an two hour film and it hit home that we should all pay more attention to whats going on. Like for instance that the Bush family is big buddies with the Saudi royalty and the Bin Laden's. Did you guys know that one of our current Presidents investors in one of his companies he started was Osama Bin Laden's older brother? Did you guys know that Bush was such a bad executive that the Carlyle Group fired him? Did you know that the Carlyle Group holds investments in companies that make machinery for war and that Bush Sr. is one of this companies investors and until recently mostly Saudi investors as well and probably is making a ton of money off this war, when he dies our current president is sure to inherit some of it. Never before in history have we had a sitting president going to eventually profit financially from what he is currently pursuing. There is little doubt left that George W. Bush wanted to go into Iraq and had plenty of evidence that there were no WMD. The 911 commission has also said that the majority of the money that financed 911 came from Saudi Arabia, 15 of the 19 terrorists did, does no one here find it strange that we not once heard any mention of investigating any Saudi connections to 911 from the Bush administration? Say what you want to about Moore and his work but don't ignore the facts about Bush's connections financial and otherwise to the Saudi's, and also don't ignore the fact that we went into Iraq for far bigger reasons than the ones we were given.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Moore's movies are a result of how he perceives the world through his ideologies. Fahrenheit 9/11 is truth to some and lies to the other, it just depends on how you perceive the world through your ideologies. Fahrenheit 9/11 was an important film because it did raise serious questions that the media was not willing to confront. It was a necessary thing and I think the world is better for it.

I am a fan of michael moore because i agree with him on nearly everything he writes. I find his books extremely witty and humurous and I relate to what he is saying because I feel the same way too.

We can all agree Moore is the lesser evil compared to Ann Coulter. Check out the political debate forum, some of the stuff she has said makes Moore look reasonable.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I am a fan of michael moore because i agree with him on nearly everything he writes. I find his books extremely witty and humurous and I relate to what he is saying because I feel the same way too.

I think you better read the book "Michael Moore is a big fat white man". You say you agree with him on nearly everything he writes, but how can you when you are only given 1/2 the story or even a fictional story?

Believing the stuff Michael Moore spews out would be the equivalent of not reading an assigned book for school and then not spending the money to get the real "Cliffs Notes" version of the book so instead you buy a fake Cliffs notes version which was written by a Prostitite who got her information 5th hand from one of her Johns.

Very disturbing that some of you would perfer to take Moore's work as truth rather than do your homework.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There comes a point in every argument where the facts must be examined. Many of Moore's assertions have been disproven by the big three in legitimate media. When you bend facts to your will, it is not longer fact, it is propoganda. Moore purposely edits to reflect a view.

Case in point , I guess there is a scene where he confronts congressmen about sending their kids to Iraq. One particular congressman is shown with a silent stare. In fact, this man later recounted how he told Moore his children were too young for service, but his nephew was going over to Iraq.

Moore is allowed to hate Bush, and he actively states that. He also states that Kerry is an awfull candidate, but whatever.

The point is that you are allowed to dissent, but don't lie, and if you lie, don't get caught lying. Moore did just that. But, it doesn't really matter to most folks, because the movie fits their world view, regardless of the facts.

Even Bush haters MUST realize that both sides lie. In this instance, Moore lies. Yet, they sit him next to a former President of the U.S. Makes you wonder if the truth is more important, or if winning is...

[edit on 10/5/2004 by soulforge]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oh, I see, he's a liar?

www.michaelmoore.com...

Backing up the facts he uses in the Cannes-winning documentary that swept the world. The documentary that he did that he said "Well yeah it's biased".

The hatred that people throw towards Michael Moore is a little confusing to me. If you don't like what he has to say, then don't watch. Don't listen. Close your eyes, block your ears and stick your head in the sand.

He backs up most of his facts, which is FAR more than can be said for the Bush Adminstration, which people defend for absolutley no valid reason I can see.

You should be madder that you've been lied to, consistently, by your elected President, who has cost 1000 American lives, rather than Michael Moore, who is trying to make a buck and to QUESTION those in power.

Because that's democracy. God bless Miramax.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Can anyone give me an answer as to why he was at the RNC? It seemed odd to me that he is sitting there among those who he is trying to criticize.
If you watch the fi,m with your favorite CD playing in the background, say "The Wall" or mabye a mix CD of some Dylan/Byrds type tunes. Then you won;t have to listen to the bull# hype and you can watch it as a newsreel. I had forgotten about the inaguaration so it was a good reminder. BUt remember to turn up volume during the blacked screen (9/11)so you can remember why we need to keep our borders safe.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i've written a few essays on moore's works and I realise his tricks

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

He backs up most of his facts

HAHAHAHAHA. "most" of his facts!

Once again, I would ask you to PLEASE read the book "Michael Moore is a big fat stupid white man". That is a book that can back up EVERY fact that is written in it.

Also, please look here for some of his 'facts'

www.davekopel.org...

Moore counts on people like you to make him lots of money. And he has made LOTS of money because people don't bother to look for the facts themselves and instead rely on this buffoon to deliver them the 'news'.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Can anyone give me an answer as to why he was at the RNC? It seemed odd to me that he is sitting there among those who he is trying to criticize.
If you watch the fi,m with your favorite CD playing in the background, say "The Wall" or mabye a mix CD of some Dylan/Byrds type tunes. Then you won;t have to listen to the bull# hype and you can watch it as a newsreel. I had forgotten about the inaguaration so it was a good reminder. BUt remember to turn up volume during the blacked screen (9/11)so you can remember why we need to keep our borders safe.

He was a paid USAToday contributing writer, just as Ann Coulter was for the DNC, till shewas axed. And, his stay at the RNC lasted only until the McCain speech, when he was soundly booed, which was on the first night. He did NOT enter the building after that speech, and he had some excuse I can't remember. Man, this was all WIDELY covered during BOTH Conventions. It's history.

Just don't hate us because we disagree. We don't hate you guys...

Oh, and the border thing IS bullcrap. We really need to beef it up. I don't know, snipers on towers or tear gas or something. I don't care if they are just looking for work, they are INVADING THE COUNTRY!!!

top topics

join