It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fasting, and my irrefultable results.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I agree with every word here. I have met so called "under wieght" fasters and they have had huge benifits. Its not just about losing fat, there are so many other things that are enabled via fasting and those benefits are felt usually right away. I will always encourage proper research!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This idea actually makes alot of sense when you think about it. Our bodies are designed to survive. Before there were farms adn storehouses and a grocery store on every street, people were hunter-gatherers. Due to that fact, they would often go with out foood for days at a time, there was a fast or feast method of eating. When there was food, we ate and other times we searched for food. Now that we have plenty of food year round we find ourselves in a constant feast mode. Our bodies are very energy efficient and do not require much even though we are constantly filling the tank. It would take great will power to break out of the constant feast. I try to fast one day a week. Maybe I should try to step it up. Thanks for the post and congrats on getting healthy!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by borracho

Thank you. I agree with you concerning the rate in which we eat. Most people eat way to much, and it certainly is not anything healthy. How many fast food resturants are there? Just take a look at their profits! This nation is a hog trough indeed, and because of that the medical industry is booming.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

I know what you mean, I went through all of what you explained and my researched revealed to me that it was my body going cold turkey off all the chemicals found in our food today, and its part of the cleansing process.
It is for sure worth it to endure those feelings, the ending result is amazing freedom.

Strange times when the only we can stop poisoning ourselves is to stop eating.
Anyway, congrats. I hope you can maintain your level of health.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When I water fasted for 7 days I lost 1 stone which I believe is around 14lbs!

The thing is when we were living as cave men we could not guarantee a meal every day. Sometimes due to droughts or unsuccessful hunting humans had to go without food for weeks at a time. Your body is designed for this so despite what some people say it never killed your ancestors and it won’t kill you.

When you come off the fast its best to eat something that will be easy on your digestion such as soup or fruit.
Another thing that people might be interested in is a fruit juice fast, and no I’m not talking about fruit juice out of a carton (fresh pressed only). Because it is liquid your body will not have to use so much energy to break it down. The human body actually uses a lot of energy just breaking down your food.

There are some foods that actually take more energy to break them down then they are worth calorie wise, raw celery is an example of this.

Anyway the theory is that if you give your digestion a break that energy which has been freed up can be used elsewhere in the body to heal injuries. If you have had a long term injury that just will not heal fasting could be a good option.

I fell off a ladder and injured my ankle, it was taking ages (years )to heal . First time I fasted I noticed my ankle injury improved massively!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I was the biggest skeptic when it came to the subject of fasting, I believed main stream medical opinion when it came to food consumption and its proper place in our lives. Three meals a day, eating often will assist your health, etc etc. My very own doctor demonized the notion of refraining from food, he was fat by the way.
I just recently became a faster and the health benefits are undeniable, even proven via the results of my recent physicals in which are documented.
Ill be straight with all of you. Here what fasting has done for me, without all the spiritual jargon and no BS.
1. I lost 50lbs.
2. The "fog" that consumed my mind went away, I got off my anxiety medication.
3. I feel stronger, and I can run for over an hour, jogging pace.
4. My over all health improved in all respects.
5. No more high blood pressure medicine.
6. I look great.
7. I sleep very very good, no more insomnia or waking up 50 times during the night.
8. My endurance in the bedroom is limitless it seems (wife loves this)
9. My mental powers, reasoning, problem solving, contemplation, emotional stability are 100 times better.

This is my result to water fasting.
I fast for two weeks, then eat right the other two weeks.
This is my results, I don't care about all the arguments concerning fasting.
The fact is, it has worked wonders for me!! Period.

My reason for posting this is, many issues we go through medically may be able to be resolved via proper fasting.
edit on 14-6-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

I fasted for 30 days and was motivated to publish a book (Topic not related to fasting). The benefits have lasted 3 years. I had planned to do it again over the summer when my classes are over. When I say fast, I mean that I cut out fried food, milk products, red meats and caffeine. The caffeine is easy if you eat Baker's semi sweet dark chocolate. Stomach problems were cured and my mind was sharpened.

No doubt, I can confirm your results.

Science says that cells switch on to a repair mode and blood vessels begin to multiply. The body needs to think it is in a famine to do this.

edit on 15-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by imagineering

If you aren't putting anything into your body but water, and you are still physically exerting yourself, you are breaking down muscle more than fat as muscle has more protein and that's what you would be requiring.

Each person is different, but I'd always avoid against this, you are doing damage that might not be immediately apparent.

You need more than water.

The month of Ramadaan is coming up for Muslims where we fast for the month, one month out of a year. Medically speaking the benefits are great as the organs get a chance to rest allowing your body to essentially recharge it's batteries and if done properly has little or no impact on the body.

I fasted last year, now bear in mind I am an active person i.e. I practice and teach Martial Arts two/three times a week, I have been body building and power lifting/training for almost 17 years as well as offering personal training and diet assistance sometimes.

When I was fasting, I simple diet but it worked and I was able to maintain regular training albeit I had to tone down the amount and type of training I did.

Your body will break down body fat first, then start to consume muscles but only if you push your body way past it's limits however you also have to note that the body is very adaptable and it will learn to adjust and maintain itself over time (provided a consistent diet is adhered to).

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I was the biggest skeptic when it came to the subject of fasting, I believed main stream medical opinion when it came to food consumption and its proper place in our lives. Three meals a day, eating often will assist your health, etc etc. My very own doctor demonized the notion of refraining from food, he was fat by the way.
I just recently became a faster and the health benefits are undeniable, even proven via the results of my recent physicals in which are documented.
Ill be straight with all of you. Here what fasting has done for me, without all the spiritual jargon and no BS.
1. I lost 50lbs.
2. The "fog" that consumed my mind went away, I got off my anxiety medication.
3. I feel stronger, and I can run for over an hour, jogging pace.
4. My over all health improved in all respects.
5. No more high blood pressure medicine.
6. I look great.
7. I sleep very very good, no more insomnia or waking up 50 times during the night.
8. My endurance in the bedroom is limitless it seems (wife loves this)
9. My mental powers, reasoning, problem solving, contemplation, emotional stability are 100 times better.

This is my result to water fasting.
I fast for two weeks, then eat right the other two weeks.
This is my results, I don't care about all the arguments concerning fasting.
The fact is, it has worked wonders for me!! Period.

My reason for posting this is, many issues we go through medically may be able to be resolved via proper fasting.
edit on 14-6-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

I fasted for 30 days and published a book. The benefits have lasted 3 years. I had planned to do it again over the summer when my classes are over. When I say fast, I mean that I cut out fried food, milk products, red meats and caffeine. The caffeine is easy if you eat Baker's semi sweet dark chocolate. Stomach problems were cured and my mind was sharpened.

No doubt, I can confirm your results.

Science says that cells switch on to a repair mode and blood vessels begin to multiply. The body needs to think it is in a famine to do this.

I agree, you also need to watch what you eat but it's not hard, simple rule: don't be lazy, make your own food (if you can) and stay off fast foods, fizzy drinks etc.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just cutting sugar out of your diet will do wonders.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Over the last few years I have kept myself fit by doing weight training,martial arts,running etc. Over the last few months though I have really been working on my nutrition to try and drop some body fat. I am currently using a method called Intermittent Fasting and it is great! Basically I aim to have 2000 cals or so in a 8 hour eating window, it works out about 2 meals or so and a small snack. For instance I will train in the morning, then eat my meals between 1000 and 1800 and am finding that I have bucket loads of energy. After the first few days you don't feel the hunger any more. This is just a suggestion for any one struggling to fast for a long period of time.

On another note, I have always believed the information we are told about food is bs! If I have a carb heavy meal in the afternoon, I feel like falling asleep after it. I don't believe we have to eat nearly as much as we are told too. It's maybe only in the last 100 or so years that man has been eating steadily all day and we have been on this planet a long time. When you go hungry and into survival mode, you feel great and full of energy. Try even just having one meal a day for a while, maybe around 6pm, I guarantee after a few days you will get a great nights sleep and the fat will fall off!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What makes anyone think that you need to eat 3 times a day? Seriously, why hasn't everyone figured out that our bodies actually need less food. It's only been a hundred years folks since mankind has had refrigeration and other methods to preserve food as good as we can now. A hundred years ago and before our bodies probably didn't eat for more than 3 days or longer. Why, we had to catch food or harvest it and there were little supplies of it. Now, our food supplies are handed to us on a silver platter. So there is no more a need to catch or harvest your food. So, our bodies aren't dependent on fat storage. What does this mean, we need less food now as we can get food anywhere anytime.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
fasting is a great way to stay healthy. my first fast was a water fast and that was brutal, however im more experienced now and i do an apple juice fast for 3 days about 3-4 times a year and its great, cleans my intestines completely and detoxes me.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If one does not eat any carbs, how does their citric acid cycle function?? I'm no biochemist, but i was under the impression that the krebs cycle was crucial to anabolism and catabolism?

OP...Great Job, and congratulations on the life change. Sounds extreme to me, but somtimes life calls for extreme behavior. Watch out though, I have seen these people that eat very litle or next to nothing; over long periods of time catabolism eats away all of their muscle and they look like lean skeletons, who seem quite peacful and content. A spring board to enlightenment with the sacrifice of the body.

I personally eat very clean; NO sugar or crap of any kind; as mush raw food as possible; no meat, no diary.
I find this is enough for mental clarity and great physical health, but I will definately try fasting. Thanks OP
edit on 15-6-2012 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cointelprotroll

If one does not eat any carbs, how does their citric acid cycle function?? I'm no biochemist, but i was under the impression that the krebs cycle was crucial to metabolism and catabolism?

Your body can break down just about any amino acid into sugars. So, as long as you are eating proteins and fats, you will have the raw materials you need. There is really no chemical need for carbs.

Protein on the other hand cannot be constructed from sugars. So, if you eat nothing but carbs, then your body will be missing vital amino acid chains necessary for building and repairing tissue.

In other words, you can make sugar, but you can't make protein, so eat protein, don't worry about sugar.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

I really want to ask you, this is brilliant by the way im very glad you are doing this have posted your results, ive had something similar happen to me, Ive been drinking 2 tablespoons of liposomal vitc and washing it down with a braggs apple cider vinegar drink 2 tablspoons of honey stir in water and chug , i have so much clean energy and itys stable and i understand that "in the moment" mindset my creative and overall production during the day is 3fold, im still working on getting good sleep though, but i wanted to ask have you ever looked into to charging the water with sound / sun / vibration?? thats always interested me, like if you were to truly experiment with that, im sure it has something to do with the solfeggio tones, and your fruits and veg that you eat are they picked right off the vine as you eat? i think that would be even more amazing i did some research on "High Frequency Foods" last summer and have been growing my own food since, no toxic chemicals etc, im still working on being able to drink something other than tap water all the time. anyway, i hope you consider it and look up some info on it i would love to start some sort of cleanse / detox / alternate life group that could commit and report results to lifestyle changes depending on the circumstances, anyway thanks for your time and publishing your experiences!! ONE♥

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

no. Your body can synythesize AA and protein i beleive. Check any intro biochem book.
The body cant make two Amino acids, or something like that

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll
reply to post by getreadyalready

no. Your body can synythesize protein. Check any intro biochem book

No, not all forms of protein. There are "essential" amino acids. Your body cannot take sugars and turn them into complicated amino acid chains that become proteins.

Amino acids, also called the building blocks of protein, fall into three categories: essential amino acids, which the body cannot make, and nonessential and conditional amino acids, which the body can synthesize. According to the University of Arizona, protein production is so vital to survival, if a sufficient amount of just one essential amino acid is not obtained from food, the body takes that amino acid from muscle tissue and other sources of protein within the body.

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoTehCapFit
reply to post by elmoastro

I really want to ask you, this is brilliant by the way im very glad you are doing this have posted your results, ive had something similar happen to me, Ive been drinking 2 tablespoons of liposomal vitc and washing it down with a braggs apple cider vinegar drink 2 tablspoons of honey stir in water and chug , i have so much clean energy and itys stable and i understand that "in the moment" mindset my creative and overall production during the day is 3fold, im still working on getting good sleep though, but i wanted to ask have you ever looked into to charging the water with sound / sun / vibration?? thats always interested me, like if you were to truly experiment with that, im sure it has something to do with the solfeggio tones, and your fruits and veg that you eat are they picked right off the vine as you eat? i think that would be even more amazing i did some research on "High Frequency Foods" last summer and have been growing my own food since, no toxic chemicals etc, im still working on being able to drink something other than tap water all the time. anyway, i hope you consider it and look up some info on it i would love to start some sort of cleanse / detox / alternate life group that could commit and report results to lifestyle changes depending on the circumstances, anyway thanks for your time and publishing your experiences!! ONE♥

Some very good advice I am going to need to look into. I certainly never ever want to ruin all my progress that fasting has enabled me. My fasting regimen will come to an end only at the time I find a plausible and realistic new life style change I know Ill be able to adhere to.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

Thanks OP for bringing up a subject that really needs more consideration in the western world.

In regards to your regime, I've never fasted that long. Four days is my longest and you definitely get a cleanse and boost physically and spiritually. I do believe that fasting is a spiritual and healing practice, not a weight loss program, though that is one of the side affects. As a hospital worker, I've seen an individual brought to our trauma unit due to lengthy fasting as they messed up their metabolism and electrolytes. They survived but required acute treatment in an ICU for a while.

That being said, I advocate fasting for shorter periods: daily for at least 16 hours between the last meal of the day and first meal of the following day; the first foods of the day must include fruit or fruit only; a monthly cleansing fast of water or organic fresh juice for 2-3 days. Fasting longer, if you are capable, is extremely valuable to repair one's body or fight disease if one is susceptible to it. I for one have eaten organically for a long time, avoid all antiobiotic laden meats, eat raw foods often and daily, read food labels religiously, drink unfloridated clean water energized with crystal energy, exempt myself from all vaccines and pharmaceuticals, stay physically fit, and meditate daily.

This regimen works for me as I haven't been "ill" in a decade, look and feel younger than my age, and am spiritually attuned to the highest energies, intuition, and mental health.

Fasting is a must, but for all the right reasons, not only as a weight loss activity. It is a spiritual event that neds to be seen in that light and eventually a way of life that gives us our highesy quality of life experience.

Thanks again for bringing this to "light".

Blessings to you.

This regimen works for me as I am supremely healthy

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join