It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Forced abortion' picture causes uproar in China, Warning, Actual photo of mom and child

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
According to shanghaiist.com... " Feng Jianmei said she had been forced to have the procedure by local family planning bureau officials after she failed to pay a 40,000 yuan fine for an "excess birth" under China's draconian population control policies."

[REMOVED GRAPHIC PHOTO]

Mrs. Feng states, " My head really hurts...No, it wasn't [with my consent.] It was forced. That's what happened."
shanghaiist.com...
Yahoo News states, " Outraged Chinese web users expressed doubt that Feng had agreed to the abortion, and even state-run media outlets condemned the procedure.

"Who would ever drop a bleeding baby beside its mother?" posted one Chinese web user on Internet news portal Netease.com.

"This is what they say the Japanese devils and Nazis did. But it's happening in reality and it is by no means the only case... They (the officials) should be executed."

Another web user, posting on popular forum clubkdnet.net, said China's family planning system had been "openly killing people for years in the name of national policy" adding: "What is wrong with society?"
news.yahoo.com...

LifeNews.com www.lifenews.com...
states, "Women’s Rights Without Frontiers informed LifeNews that a new report from the China-based human rights organization 64Tianwang indicates the woman, Feng Jianmei, was beaten and dragged into a vehicle by a group of family planning officials while her husband, Deng Jiyuan, was out working.

According to the Chinese Authorities in Zhenping county, where the abortion took place, they said that Feng had agreed to the procedure. However a relative told AFP that she and her husband had opposed the abortion. China passed a law called " The family planning policy" back in the late 1970s as an effort to control a population that has grown to over a billion people.
The family planning policy dictates that urban families are generally allowed to have one child, while rural families can give birth to two children if the first is a girl.
How is this any different than the U.S.'s Partial Birth Abortion Act?
edit on 13-6-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That is terrible!
That's all I got

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You really have to ask how Chinese officials strapping a women down and forcing her to have an abortion is different than abortion laws in the US?

Really?

IM anti-abortion and even I can see the difference here.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I regret clicking on your thread.

I Hate graphic images, maybe you should have a warning on your title ...

Just saying, good day

edit on 13-6-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Humans being humans. Its horrible, but its no worse than shooting a man pointblank range for having different religious beliefs.

Abortion should be a choice, not a forced act.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The truth hurts. It's right there for the world to see. I'm so very sorry that the woman had to endure being violated and that she watched her child be painfully and violently murdered. I'm so very sorry that the child went through that. But I'm very glad that this is reported and that the picture is there for people to see the truth of what happens in China.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The truth hurts. It's right there for the world to see. I'm so very sorry that the woman had to endure being violated and that she watched her child be painfully and violently murdered. I'm so very sorry that the child went through that. But I'm very glad that this is reported and that the picture is there for people to see the truth of what happens in China.

I know it's exist and it's beyond horrible, I agree,
but by your logic I should watch beheading videos, watch those crazy cannibal videos,
to see the truth of what happens... ???

No thanks

I don't need graphic images or videos to understand I live in a crappy world

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

That comment was about as asinine as it gets...

On topic: Horrible situation, only to be used as a tool by the OP to flame on the US, which makes it even worse as the original premise, forced abortions, apparently wasn't dramatic enough...

And it's: Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

You really have to ask how Chinese officials strapping a women down and forcing her to have an abortion is different than abortion laws in the US?

Really?

Do you know or are aware of, how many American Indians are sterilized in the U.S.?
That they are told that it will benefit their well being and overall health?
A coercive lie is no different than the straps used to hold you down.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

That comment was about as asinine as it gets...
On topic: Horrible situation, only to be used as a tool by the OP to flame on the US , which makes it even worse as the original premise, forced abortions, apparently wasn't dramatic enough...
And it's: Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.

The flame is directed toward the genocidal neonaticides who voted for, and passed this disgusting law.

Cue the outrage from the baby murders in 5...4...3...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So back on topic. China has had some barbaric laws for a very long time. Their own system causes many households to kill their first born if it were a girl and quietly dispose of them because without a boy your name does not live on. Its a odd situation and it has created a society where men outnumber women pretty handily. That is a messed up place and for the record. I to do not think this even in the same ballpark as the US.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

I have just finished reading about the US Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act (never heard of it before, but after reading noticed similarity´s with EU laws) and it is the complete opposite thing meaning it prohibits these kind of late abortions in the US. Please explain yourself, what did you mean by ´how is this any different´?

One more question, about Native Americans forced sterilizations, is it something that was happening before or is it still going on in the US?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Oh my goodness that child looks like it was a fairly well-advanced pregnancy!

What an absolute evil thing to do to such a precious, defenceless little life.

And this is a so-called civilised society? I am sickened and appalled.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

YOU may not. But many people do. Many people are in denial. Like Joe Biden for example. He came out with the statement that he 'understands the one child policy of China'. that includes forced abortions. He needs to see exactly what it is that he 'understands'.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Did you know that this law is applied selectively? If you are well-off, you can choose to pay to have more children. If you are part of a minority, this law doesn't apply to you.

People are property of the state and each other. The state does with its property as it sees fit for its own purposes. China still has a population problem. Women's uteruses are public property.

In one area that means that women have babies because it is demanded of them and they have no rights to say otherwise, and methods to curtail that are removed in every possible way unless a male agrees to another arrangement. In China's case, it means that there are too many people and your uterus is legislated another way to control over population.

Women are still largely regarded as property, the methodology of how this is enacted has just become more obscure here by removing property rights from the males-on-location to the government, just like all private property in China.

edit on 13-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I know it's exist and it's beyond horrible, I agree,
but by your logic I should watch beheading videos, watch those crazy cannibal videos,
to see the truth of what happens... ???

No thanks

I used to watch all those things. every second week a new islamic beheading video would come out... I did it to desensitize me to all the crap in this world, but unfortunately, all it did is make sure the worst of it sneaks up on me in my dreams.

So having done that, the image in the OP's link doesn't do much to me. The entire concept is sad. It's like a science fiction story of a bleak dystopian future, where 1 child policy is enforced like this, except it's happening right over there in china.

So 1 photo gets out, we know there are countless others done every day. You either struggle with that knowledge, or live with it and know that it's not going to happen to anyone you know in this life time. And make sure that it never does, because the day we live in such a world that it happens to people we know, is the day I will opt out of it's subscription...

the worst part is knowing that some psychopathic monster may be growing up right next door to you... and you'll never know until he's on the news.

I used to be entirely anti-abortion. but I don't care anymore. it's just the way we've let this world become. one person makes no difference, and the majority of people just don't care.. so why should I..

the path of least resistance... put on the telly, get drunk, forget...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and as horrible as this forced abortion was/ is in America only one word will cover it:
"choice"

Did Obama vote to legalize late term abortions in Illinois and if the baby lived through the abortion then Obama said the baby should be killed?
Answer:
Yes.
Read more:
wiki.answers.com... by_should_be_killed

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by benrl

Really?

Do you know or are aware of, how many American Indians are sterilized in the U.S.?
That they are told that it will benefit their well being and overall health?
A coercive lie is no different than the straps used to hold you down.

Is that true? How does one justify sterilisation? Especially on a specific race, do you have links?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I didn't see the image, but I remain a strong opposer to abortion in any case.

I firmly believe that also the western law about abortion is just hypocritical: as you state we are not better.

Indeed, the cause-effect is always the same regardless when the abortion is done: one week, one month, two months does not make any difference, the result is always the same, that baby won't have a life. There is the right of the mother, but more important is the right of the child, who hardly would agree with the abortion.

I use to say that we celebrate Einstein and his theory of space-time, but completely disregard that when it comes to abortion. If we rigorously apply the relativity concepts, life is like a line on a curved surface: the past and the future already exist, so all the life of the baby exist when you decide to kill him. No matter when you carry out the abortion, it is a point along the line just like any other, and the result again is always the same: the line disappear ...

But - sad to say - we know that everybody sees just what one likes and we dare to call justice the right of abortion ... may be in this case we are worse than aliens ...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Don't for one second doubt that this issue is not being used by the US government to incite the US population into anger, as a way of legitimising the US Takeover of Asia.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join