It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Russia sending Syria attack helicopters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

US: Russia sending Syria attack helicopters

www.wtop.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration said Tuesday that Russia is sending attack helicopters to Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime and warned that the Arab country's 15-month conflict could become even deadlier.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said the U.S. was "concerned about the latest information we have that there are attack helicopters on the way from Russia to Syria."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So the stakes are heating up Russia now the merchant of death to the Syrian people, but is not the only one who is supplying arms to Assad.

Then we have the Arab states aiding the "rebels".

A month ago Russia was caught with shipping arms to Syria and now they are supplying a whole new level of death from above.

Relate artcile but old news www.huffingtonpost.com...

One thing for sure it is going to get worse in Syria which isn't going to turn out well for those people on the receiving end of those weapons,

www.wtop.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, you of all people! Are you really believing the MSM on their reports that the rebels are there to help the country?

Especially after we destroyed Libya, and Egypt? They both seem worse now than before we went in.

I have to shamefully say, that I am glad Russia is calling our bluff and giving Hillary and Obama a few things to think about before they send more of our troops (in the name of the globalist banks) into another country to accomplish what??? More deaths, more false American Patriotism.............

I do agree that it might get ugly with Russia putting it's foot down, but if you also look at other MSM reports yesterday that say Russia is backing off, 1+1 is not equalling 2 anymore!

All I am saying, is be careful of the propaganda we are being fed. If I am not mistaken, didn't our government just pass a law or something that says it is okay for them to lie to us?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The problem is that some countries have too much vetted interest in the middle east, each for their own reasons, which grossly exaggerate the civil wars. If we had actual democracy in the middle east all those countries would have been stable by now and very few people would have been killed.

The religious right has been fighting ITSELF there for decades. Fanatic jews hating on secular jews and fanatic muslims hating on secular muslims. Those people, with the exception of israel(which is very low grade democracy), never really got to vote whom they want. The women of each nation cannot even walk outside without being covered-up from head to toes. Some cannot drive cars, there is job discrimination, sexual abuse, pyschological abuse, etc.

It is high time they modernise and adapt secularism.

Then we need to END the security council dictatorship of the United Nations. The general assembly with any majority should decide agendas and follow through. Countries that spend too much on military should find more constructive alernatives for growing their gdp, especially russia/china/usa. I think we all know what should be done but rich&powerful people keep getting in the way of progress and they could not care less how many people get killed or the quality of life in most countries.

link   
Oh dear, the 'rebels' will get crushed and hostility will end if these helicopters get delivered... we better send in NATO fast to drop depleted uranium on everyone and save them.

link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Neo, you of all people! Are you really believing the MSM on their reports that the rebels are there to help the country?

There are a lot of cooks in that kitchen called Syria

Especially after we destroyed Libya, and Egypt? They both seem worse now than before we went in.

New boss is always the same as the old boss no matter where one goes in the world.

I have to shamefully say, that I am glad Russia is calling our bluff and giving Hillary and Obama a few things to think about before they send more of our troops (in the name of the globalist banks) into another country to accomplish what??? More deaths, more false American Patriotism

There is nothing saying the US is going to get involved in Syria most of the rhetoric is just blind hysteria.

I do agree that it might get ugly with Russia putting it's foot down, but if you also look at other MSM reports yesterday that say Russia is backing off, 1+1 is not equalling 2 anymore!

Russia putting it's foot down is just self interest nothing more, and they could care less about anything else.

All I am saying, is be careful of the propaganda we are being fed. If I am not mistaken, didn't our government just pass a law or something that says it is okay for them to lie to us?

All i have done is link an article for discussion nothing more than that people are free to make up their own minds.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

One thing for sure it is going to get worse in Syria which isn't going to turn out well for those people on the receiving end of those weapons,
Are there any known cases of helicopters used against peaceful protesters?
This is what Hillary is suggesting.
Looks like propaganda to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc1km
Oh dear, the 'rebels' will get crushed and hostility will end if these helicopters get delivered... we better send in NATO fast to drop depleted uranium on everyone and save them.

LOL...............short and sweet!

Many times a two line sarcastic point is more elegant to those who lack critical thinking skills than a three paragraph reply that has to break down individual points again and again in the same kind of thread.

edit on 12/6/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by neo96

They are on there way which means soon we will all see how much "propaganda" this is.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well i have been saying it since February this year when the propaganda was released on here that CIA-Qaeda was responsible for the Revolution NOW Civil War,

To some people who tend to stick to the facts and not jump to far into the BS world /conspiracy world its rather easy to see just who is behind it, involved in it, and for what reasons and motives they are involved,

Kofi Anna only just last week at the UN admitted foreign powers need to come to the table for the benefit of the Syrian people, and Assad himself that this is an international war and he was right, it has become an international war because of his failure to listen to his own people when they demanded change, and just like Gaddafi who also refused to step down decided to kill his own people calling them Al-Qaeda ti justify the killings,

posted on 2-6-2012 @ 04:37 PM

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

It seems like the people wanting to flip Syria (likely the Muslim Brotherhood) are baying for Bashir a'lAssad's blood with a chilling chant "We will cut Assad's throat".

Good and so they should be after the hell he has put them through, nowhere else in the world would a leader who has lost all legitimacy stay in power and get to shot his own people, in fact silly s**t like this hasn't happened in the rest of the world for nearly 200yrs, it just goes to show what a tit of a leader he really is...

Iran & Russia should also hang there heads in shame for allowing this to happen and for funding and arming the Assad regime the means to commit such appalling crimes against humanity, the only reason NATO/US have not intervened as they did in Libya, when another mad man started shooting his own people... is because Syria are key allies & friends to Iran/China/Russia, Libya was not, niether was any other ME country that also had an uprising

And that is why Al-Qaeda WAS NOT EVEN MENTIONED in any other ME revolution apart from Libya, and that is why every other ME revolution never even amounted to the extent of violence & bloodshed as seen in Syria, all other leader stepped down peacefully the CORRECT and CIVILIZED way, because someone is playing games, Iran & Russia mainly... especially in Syria, the west would love to intervene in Syria and get a sane leader elected, perhaps one that was more tolerant and peaceful to its neighbour, Iran will never let there partner in crime go out without a fight, they'd be all on there own with there hatred then,

But for Libya, well they was on there own and was neither allied to either, there leader called the protesters rats and started shooting them shortly after, unlike every ME country's leaders who also had mass protest to step down because they was really happy with there leaders wasn't they?, NATO stepped in when called on from the UN & THE ARAB LEAGUE & THE PEOPLE OF LIBYA!!! he then called then Al-Qaeda because it kinda make it "all right" to kill your own people when your calling them Al-Qaeda instead ehh

But Syria, that's a game being played by Iran & Russia, and its all about keeping there man in power, god forbid a clever person would be to get elected after years of hell under regimes and dictators

Anyway keep lapping up the BS guys, i heard Hollywood are looking for people just like you

So ^

Shame on you Assad, killing your own people because of outside alliances that cause havoc in the region, if only Syria & Iran would stop training & funding the trouble in Palestine and forcing Israel to defend itself we could have had peace a million times over, but the destruction and massacre of all Jews and the Israeli state is what they really want,

And shame Russia who will literally support and en-role into the club literally anybody who is Anti West, its all about keeping there little anti west family together and for Russia making a few $$$ in the process on arms sales

They'll come unstuck soon enough, just as all the arseholes in this world do,

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by neo96

They are on there way which means soon we will all see how much "propaganda" this is.
According to a quote in the article linked to above

"We are seeing the Syrian government using helicopters to fire on their own people from the air.
This is a statement by the spokeswoman for the State Department, where it is worded to lead people to imagine this is already going on, plus it leaves out that it is actually foriegners who are supporting the rebels.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by neo96

I have to shamefully say, that I am glad Russia is calling our bluff and giving Hillary and Obama a few things to think about before they send more of our troops (in the name of the globalist banks) into another country to accomplish what??? More deaths, more false American Patriotism.............

LOL

Its not propaganda Russia have been caught red handed, and admit to the delivery of attack helicopter but said...

Russian claims that its arms transfers to Syria are unrelated to the conflict there as "patently untrue,

UNRELATED

Oh you just keep your head up your a*@#

"We have confronted the Russians about stopping their continued arms shipments to Syria. They have, from time to time, said that we shouldn't worry - everything they are shipping is unrelated to their (the Syrian government's) actions internally,"

Lets just wait till these attack helos are killing Syrians who just wanted change and are now being forced to fight an Irainan & Russian backed puppet

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

The israeli non-secularists are just as much to blame as the muslim non-secularists in palestine and the rest of the middle east. After all zionism is about estabalishing A JEWISH STATE, not a non-secular israel.

You might say well if all the other countries are allowed this luxury why then is not israel? Because jerusalem is home to all three major religions and israel has no right to tell the christians and muslims pack your bags and move the hell out of here.

The longer israel remains non-secular, and especially keeps palestinians isolated from the rest of the world via that great wall of china they built, the longer the jewish-muslim conflict will continue. The ball has rested on their court for the most part of their 50 year existance but instead of seeking long term peace they inflame that entire region of the globe by encouraging america and europe to attack any government that actively speaks out against zionism. America and europe who supposedly sell arms and get oil in return are always happy to go along with what israel wants. Israel is a spoiled child!

Sure the dictatorships in the region use zionism as cannon fodder and russia and china have their own muslim-communist agenda. Rich and powerful snobs run this evil circus, not the brainwashed sheeple. It is one of the reasons we have been so late in getting ufo&alien disclosure.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
worldnews.msnbc.msn.com... omments

Look at the video of Hillary infront of the Israel and US flag. It is obvious she is working for Israel and not the USA. What interest does USA have in Syria?

Netanyahoo the terrorists scumbag wants NATO to interfere with Syria and of course hilary is going to agree with her master.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hope Russia supplies more weapons to Syria and Iran so that western plans to attack these countries are lightened up and discarded. Rebels seeing the Western designs petering off, will change their demeanor and finally peace will descend in the embattled country. It is the support of West and its Arab allies Saudi and Turkey, which is giving motivations to rebels to fight on and create chaos. Bad smell of instigation is constantly coming from the western direction, as always.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And Hillary was standing behind an Israel flag while she accused Russia of that, what a hypocrite

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Assad is a turd that needs wiping…Ahmadinejad is a turd that needs wiping…the only reason China and Russia are involved is because they need these turds to continue the proxy war against the US.

Anyone who thinks China and Russia are on the side of the “people of the world” are drinking toxic Kool Aid.

Fools!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Hope Russia supplies more weapons to Syria and Iran so that western plans to attack these countries are lightened up and discarded. Rebels seeing the Western designs petering off, will change their demeanor and finally peace will descend in the embattled country. It is the support of West and its Arab allies Saudi and Turkey, which is giving motivations to rebels to fight on and create chaos. Bad smell of instigation is constantly coming from the western direction, as always.

What country are you from, Ma’am; seriously?

If you’re looking for peace in the world I’m positive you won’t find peace (or reason, or freedom, or prosperity) in two communist countries whose own people are starving to death and die trying to come to the US of A.

I’m amused by the level of ignorance on ATS sometimes. I wonder which savior you’ll cry for if the US is not here! Who will the next demon be while you’re scrounging for food and can’t provide for your family on your “living wage” as set forth by your dictator??

Meh….

Some of you can’t see past your own prejudice and hatred.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A lot of what I have read is that the "rebels" have been killing a lot of people (whole villages) and then blaming them on the Assad regime and saying they died during shellings and etc.

What do you think is happening? Why?

I saw some pictures of people that were supposedly killed by Syrian army munitions.. but the people had their throats slit and etc. I don't think, as Americans, we really get the truth about what is happening in any of these arab countries.

I think the US and other western nations are heavily invested for whatever reasons.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

A lot of what I have read is that the "rebels" have been killing a lot of people (whole villages) and then blaming them on the Assad regime and saying they died during shellings and etc.

What do you think is happening? Why?

Sounds like Assad propaganda to me…if people were killed they were Assad loyalists.

I saw some pictures of people that were supposedly killed by Syrian army munitions.. but the people had their throats slit and etc. I don't think, as Americans, we really get the truth about what is happening in any of these arab countries.

I think the US and other western nations are heavily invested for whatever reasons.

People from the East AND West are heavily invested…that’s what this is and HAS BEEN about.

<<   2 >>

join