It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Websites Will Be Forced To Identify Trolls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I sympathize with people not wanting confrontation. There are forums that edit and ban it. Believe me, I've been kicked off one or two. My personal favourite I consider a trophy, being kicked off for my intolerance of such things as not being okay with everyone loving Warren Jeffs, the lover of nine year olds for wives.

There are forums that moderate in this manner.

Interestingly....they get less traffic. Roll that one around in your head for a while.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luminaught

Vulnerable people may wish to avoid pointed and intense argument.

these people are not looking for pointed and intense argument.

they are simply being attacked by means of social media.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Theives who hack,others who bully and sometimes leads to suicide with some.
We also got alot of troble makers who are just troble makers who try to hack and destroy.

Some would never commit a crime,shoplift,assualt anyone.
But behind a keyboard it becomes a game to them.

I dont facebook,,but many others do,they name there work,family,and what they had for breakfeast,lunch and dinner and tweet on everything.
The big problem is the user(us),who give our social lives to the WWW.

We also have alot of bad apples who ruin in for the rest.

There was an article a couple weeks back(yahoo) where a dad was pissed of at the high school vice principle,and made a profile of him and his wife as swingers on other sites.(with photos of them).
Another article about a mayor and his son hacked into an opponets websites.
List goes on.

Probly 1000 crimes on the WWW already commited by the time Im done wrtting about this.

I would worry if in Russia or China(but already happens there)?
But in Russia,,they seem to turn a blind eye to the pedo crimes!!!!

Also,the definition of a troll can be many things?
Like if I post an oatmeal cookie recepie in the UFO forum or slightly off topic but I like the thread?
I think we all can be a little guilty on how we are and a little humor at times.

The goverment already has the power now to do what they want on the WWW, and if your breaking the law WATCH OUT.
I do agree BIG TIME an individual has the right to go after a sick nut case who harass him/her.(BIG DIFFERENCE)

We would need to hire a million goverment employes to go after trolls!
And probly be able to prosecute .05%?
Would this include a blog from a gay or lesbian man to political crap?

The goverment already has power now,I would not give them another ioda of power.

But!
If your bad and doing sick crimes and they get a whiff of even a residue of bad gass iIhope they bust there as_!
They can do that now.

I wish they would of used there power on the pedophiles who are online, than that .dot com megaupload guy,
Like Hollywood was going broke yet set records on profit!

I dont like it!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
why do people here want to have the right to bull

What you just said is defamation. You know full well people here don't want a right to bully, you're misrepresenting arguments and defaming the character of many posters.

I will bookmark this page, because by law I should be able to request your personal details and prosecute you in the near future.

Get yourself a good lawyer!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

i didn't take your bait earlier, why do you think i will take it now.

go away.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
my legal defence will be as ridiculous as this law: "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me".

i expect it to be a landmark case and my defence required study at every law school in the world, hailed for being brilliant and obviously coming from the mind of a legal genius not seen since cicero of rome.

edit on 12-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

fair enough. you obviously dont think we need to improve things.

any change is a personal attack on your freedom.

fine.

i just find it odd people on here are attacking something that is simply trying to protect vunerable people.

why do people here want to have the right to bully and attack people on the internet? why?

en.wikipedia.org...
www.truecrimereport.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
au.ibtimes.com...
articles.baltimoresun.com...
articles.baltimoresun.com...

"Attack vulnerable people"? I shudder to think that someone feels that I need to be protected from someone else. I am able to provide my own protection.

I don't fear change. I fear more laws piled on top of current laws. Redundancy is inefficient.

I don't want people to have a right to do anything other than speak freely. And I want others to have a right to ignore them if they so wish. And I want websites to enforce their TandC's to keep legislators from pandering to weak willed wimps who feel that they need someone to protect them.
edit on 12-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

so you think everyone else in the world should be like you.

should be as strong as you.

if you can put up with the abuse everyone else should be able to.

interesting opinion you have there.

anyway, like i said ealier in the thread, i really dont care what they do. i just get a bit tired of seeing kids killing themselves over internet bullying. thought it would be good if it could be stopped/reduced.

guess its just collateral damage.

lol

as long as americans think they are still living in this fantasy land where they believe they are free. too funny.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

"as long as americans"..................

Is precisely where your posting's relevance has evaporated IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Stupid idea.

But there is a simple solution people: act right. Is it really that hard to act right, to not victimize other people with your behavior? Or do we want to give people the right to be obnoxious to the point of slander and libel?

This is extremely important.... T'were it not for the increase in cyber bullying, laws like this would not even come to the forefront...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is a good read this thread , you can never quite do it all/ Which is what i wanted to add , alot is illusion and maybe letters to mps have got them thinking some public declaration of intent about trolls / and i think they do mean the abuse ones . this is a moderated site , 10 times the better for it too . But there might be not a lot they can do , as has been said . The whole internet is one big encryption service . If it wasnt , no one would use it . Does anyone trust anyone , mp or not , with their bank details , bar the clerk? No . Therefore http works . reserving encryption like http is not easy , cheap or fast , incumbering site owners o rip providers is impractical also. maybe not the later so much , but reverse to original statements . No one would use it

The varying range of people's confidence is stark . In our countryside , there are signs up on the fences , with a pair of binoculars and a statement "You are being watched" bold as brass .
"you are being watched.." yeahright , bull you are , i have checked myself . they are made by the police to give to paranoid landowners , who ring bothering them , "oo , theres a couple of lads out on the field , can you come and scare them off please..? The police I expect are sick of chasing after nothing on a fruitless goosechase , or being expected to , so they dole them a sign or two and maybe a 'community meeting' , and leave thinking , "now don't hassle us again"

So the government put the word to broadcast commissioner and maybe Murdoch's lot , "we're doing something about trolls" . Methink , "Oh , relly.."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Dear daaskapital,

When I brought this issue up months ago on ATS, I was ridiculed. Here is the link to the thread. No stars and no flags, I was told this would never happen.

What if websites could be shut down for allowing slander?,

It will not take many law suits to tone down the internet and when you are forced to use your real name, it will be easy to restrict what people say. People will create new true profiles and beg to not have their old identities revealed. As for "Trolls", it is not about them. "Hate Speech" will be restricted as it is in Europe. There will be a lot fewer discussions about religion and many on this site will be glad about that; but, then there will be more restrictions on "conspiracy theories", I mean haven't libelous statements regarding the Rothchilds and Rockefellers, accusations been posted with no real evidence. They may be right or wrong; but, if you can't prove it, it is libel.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
well in the end, if this were to pass,. i will then turn off the internet
and not worry about it

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Websites wont be forced to do anything..

because...?

Websites that want to remain outside of that bit of nasty will simply set up servers and registrars outside of that law's jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I could troll on someone elses computer
I could troll on someone elses phone
I could troll in the Library
I could troll using a proxy or TOR......

What is the LEGAL definition of Troll?????

Im sure many will get caught up in this bs. What some people call trolling, others call debate or discussion.

There needs to be a legal definition for it to work, otherwise half of the people on here will be in trouble, including myself

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Well i did always wanted find out who were those trolls on CNN comment section like that user Cook2half
he seemed as he is always trolling on every major news article that CNN posts.

Oh and he has second account as Coook2half

Star and Flag.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I could troll on someone elses computer
I could troll on someone elses phone
I could troll in the Library
I could troll using a proxy or TOR......

What is the LEGAL definition of Troll?????

Im sure many will get caught up in this bs. What some people call trolling, others call debate or discussion.

There needs to be a legal definition for it to work, otherwise half of the people on here will be in trouble, including myself

If they call you a troll and you disagree, doesn't that make them trolling?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

What'd I do?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

so you think everyone else in the world should be like you.

should be as strong as you.

if you can put up with the abuse everyone else should be able to.

interesting opinion you have there.

Absolutely not. I am nothing special, I am just a man. I don't want anyone to be "like me".

But I do think that people have an ability to rise to expectations. I also think that we have seen 60+ years of lowering expectations on humanity, with government spending more and more efforts on coddling what was, once, a strong race of humaniods.

I refuse to be weak, and I refuse to allow my fellow men to be weak. Their weakness is the single greatest threat to my freedom, to my liberty. Look how many things that I may or may not want to do, but am told that I cannot do because someone else thinks I shouldn't.

anyway, like i said ealier in the thread, i really dont care what they do. i just get a bit tired of seeing kids killing themselves over internet bullying. thought it would be good if it could be stopped/reduced.

guess its just collateral damage.

lol

as long as americans think they are still living in this fantasy land where they believe they are free. too funny.

You know why i believe I am free? Because I am. I don't ask persmission to do things, i just do them. I don't ask for rights, i live them. I owe no debt, and am beholden to only my wife and kids.

I was bullied as a kid. My son has been bullied. I taught him like I was taught: defend yourself, stop being a wuss, and address the problem.

And the lesson at the core of it all: other people are mean, and I define my own value (not some loser who's value is tied to insulting others).

The answer, then, is better parenting. Teach your kids better. Teach them to be less mean, but even more teach them to ignore stupid words that mean nothing. And, if all else fails, teach your kids to have a sharp enough tongue that they can win.

Take this from a formerly 470lbs man who had a fomerly 400lb 12 year old: there are ways to overcome.

FWIW, he has received praise for the way he handled the bullying, especially from the campus cop who told him he could physically defend himself. Also FWIW, the seas of liberty are rough and choppy, but far preferred to the relatively quiet harbor of tyranny.
edit on 12-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Trolls live below the bridge, Yoopers live above the bridge. How long you lived in Michigan?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join