It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All The Michigan Folk On ATS. I Need Your Help.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Michigan resident here.

Two weekends ago, on the night of the big "Booms" first being heard here in Michigan, I too heard them.

I was hiking at night with my girlfriend near the Davison/Lapeer area. At around 945pm in the woods we began hearing a faint boom in the distance. We each thought it sounded like Fireworks. A few minutes later the booms became more frequent and louder. At this point on one boom the entire ground shook slightly for a second. We each were concerned and began to make our exit trek from the woods. I was floored a few days later to find out the booms were heard from the West to the East of Michigan.

The following day, related or not, there was a small Army convoy of vehicles that passed through Flint, and were also seen on I-75.

My girlfriend has urged me for days to start posting our story but after seeing these threads pop up everywhere I felt I should at least acknowledge we heard it.Any way I can help get to the bottom of this I will gladly be of assistance.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There has been an unusual amount of helicopters flying over my small town lately. Also, there was a drone flying around the farm across from my house the other day. Someone must have seen me see it because it flew off immediately.

I suppose I can update with any other weird things.

(I live in the lower west part of Michigan)

I have heard booms but I can't verify if they were fireworks or something else. Again, I'll keep posting here.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

OldCorp getting arrested on a military base for no apparent reason leads me to believe this is military related also. With very little surface damage with a huge explosion could this be testing of a bunker buster?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have some video of some odd cargo being transported that I will post later today. It may not be too odd, but my preliminary search yielded little information as to what it was that I was seeing and why so much law enforcement was required to be present.

Over the weekend I was in MN driving a tank, but my wife was home, and said that she was kept up half the night on Saturday by extremely loud booms. I am suspecting these were fireworks, as we have to listen to that every weekend night from around June 1st through August.

I often mountain bike at night, especially at Island Lake RA, and I have never heard anything strange - only the occasional odd feeling one gets while out in the woods late at night. I actually do a lot of outdoor recreation at night both for the solitude and in hopes of experiencing something interesting.

If there is something strange in the area, my cats let me know. They are particularly intelligent and sensitive (because they are aliens, of course). I always have at least one camera/video camera with me, so I will keep an eye out.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The reason they were having high radiation spikes was due to an error.

The alert level reading last evening appears to be a false alert from an equipment malfunction. Here is the station's report: "out of control readings on the GeigerGraph screen from about 11:30pm local time that occurred while sleeping. My apologies to all. I have no idea what caused this. Shut down GeigerGraph and restarted. Readings from the Geiger were in the normal range (the Geiger operates on A/C). All cable connections are tight and not loose. Am speculating between the GFI and USB Adapter and some sort of voltage spikes. The uninterruptable power supply UPS had lost power and had died - a tripped GFI. I am not going to leave the system running while not at home until I can determine and fix the problem." By the way, a handful of stations on the Radiation Network feed simultaneously to the Black Cat Systems network, which explains why a high reading was showing on their network at the same time. But Black Cat works in uR/hr instead of CPM, so their radiation level was lower because of the conversion factor between units of measurement.
-Radiationnetwork.com. Which is where that video was from. I was following it this event until 4 am when it happened checking for updates on it.
edit on 6/12/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I believe this data before I believe hearsay from officials.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes i was a bit suspicious about that incident. But i dont think the helicopter would need a direct line to the raf they would use air traffic controll to arrange help

According to the official story, it was a helicopter in distress which activated a panic alarm. That's the story I read of the incident.

No one seemed to care that sending jets at super sonic speed for a helicopter would be utterly pointless. What did they plan to do, catch it on a wing and take it to ground? Shoot it down thereby causing what would happen anyway?

I'm sorry, but the whole idea of jets being scrambled for a helicopter is not only implausible, it's laughable.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I posted this thread about the Illinois National Guard in Big Rapids Michigan on Friday June 8th.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Probably unrelated, but it still makes me wonder though.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

In my opinion, the only explanations for these explosions are either underground blasting (plausible for a state with a mining history - possibly the home of another underground facility making use of existing sites?) or sonic booms.

If I were there I would probably start to look at maps and try to work out where an underground entrance is likely to be positioned and go take a look. Have any old mining sites been bought by the state in the last ten years? Maybe there's an area where a new front company is operating a mining interest?

The only part of that which doesn't make sense is that there are reportedly no indications of quakes in the area, which is strange considering residents state that they felt the earth shake. That tells me there is a cover-up going on with that data, which leads me to think the underground blasting is more likely.

Wow. First time I've had exactly the same thoughts as another user in-thread for quite some time.

I suspected underground blast - remember the film Broken Arrow?

Nuke goes off underground (spikes in radiation levels), seismic data suppressed (no quakes registered despite obvious building-shaking event over a wide area), investigators arrested and government denies all knowledge.

I was going to suggest to OldCorp that he draws up a map of all isolated sites where underground blasting could have occurred, and trace out radii to see which potential blast sites could disseminate building-shaking effects to all those regions where such effects were reported. Then have a cruise round the likely candidates (tell a friend where you're headed though!) and see if there's any suspicious/ lock-down activity going on. Pics and video please!

If you could actually find disturbances above ground suggestive of underground blasting that would be easy enough to record, even from a distance if the area is being patrolled?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

OldCorp - get the town of Flint up there on the map, and look for sites nearby where underground blasting could have occurred without the fact being too readily discernible to the pesky curious public folk!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The National Guard is headed to Grayling for the summer. You'll see lots of convoys and military aircraft. I-75 and US 27 will be busy with convoys and from Detroit north to the tip of the thumb can be restricted airspace for training. They generally fly due north till over lake Huron then head west at about Tawas City to Grayling. Been doing it for 50 years or more

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Jets scrambled to take it down i would imagine. A bit more target practice for the RAf Typhoons before war with Syria

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I know that these loud (sonic boom) like sounds have been heard by many and are real.

To me a couple of things stand out:

- No one is telling what exactly really caused them (someone does know)

- The main-stream-media is not reporting much on this (if at all)

I suspect there are some (behind closed door secret meetings) going on...and they are deciding what lie to feed the public next.

Perhaps I am wrong...it sure is a perplexing situation.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Seconded

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Surely the locals would be only too familiar with the sounds of blasting

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your replies and information. I have an update of sorts. I have been out doing a little poking around today and found some things out.

First: The booms my wife and I have been hearing are caused by concussion rounds from shotguns used to deter deer from eating crops. I checked with the DNR and a few farms just west of me filed complaints of crop damage and were issued kill permits and some of the deterrent rounds as well as m-80 type explosives to scare the deer away. This was my original suspicion as I have used the same stuff before myself on our farm.

I did discover something very interesting today though. About 10 miles west of me is an old abandoned women's prison camp. Last fall I drove by it and it was still abandoned with fences falling apart and buildings crumbling. Today I went to drive by and the first thing I noticed was that the fence had been repaired and there was brand new shiny concertina wire around the entire perimeter. There was heavy equipment around the site as well as prisoners from the local SAI (special alternative incarceration) facility working around the camp. Now I am not going to jump to conclusions just yet. I am going to dig around some more first. For all I know they may be planning to use it as an extension of the current SAI facility or a new one all together. It is not incredibly large but it is in a secluded area. I will try to get over there and snap some photos of the place this week and I will post them here.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I have read over one of the articles... I'll repost here...

I live about 2 miles from selfridge air national guard base where the A-10A's are stationed. They continuously fly in and out of this base all day every day. I'm almost certain they do exercises on a daily basis. I also see kc-10 or KC-135 tankers every day. I certainly haven't heard of anything like what is being talked about. However they do fly low enough for me to notice that they aren't carrying any weapons other than the guidance pod on the outer tip of thier wings. They usually fly either 2 or 4 formations. Like I said though... Everyday all day long... At least every hour I hear them or see them flying over my house.

Oh btw I'm in new Baltimore. Not too far from port Huron.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Grand Rapids, MI reporting!
I've seen some increased helo activity in the skies here over the past week. There is normally little to no helicopter traffic over my part of town and it was enough of a spike to make me wonder even before the RT report and the booms and stuff. Probably nothing as we have a lot of medical facilities popping up all over town and i'm sure there's a reasonable explanation...
unless there's NOT!!

I know we get a little bit of military air traffic out of GRFord INTL airport heading up toward Mt. pleasant's air force or navy base or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if all this has to do with training exercises mid state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join