It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-US propoganda by Russian media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is a spinoff of a locked thread about a newspiece with rediculous battle data from Samarra.

I noticed that Gazrok pointed out that it was from 'Pravda' in Russia. I don't know what style news Pravda is, but I assume it's along the lines of a tabloid similar to FOXNews or CNN. Assuming that, I also have to assume that a lot of people consume such drivel, as do many here.

What I'm wondering is has anyone noticed an unreasonable amount of grossly false reports on America and its dealings in the Russian press? If so, who makes up this crap, and for what purpose?

In my paranoia, I suspect that it is a government created anti-US media campaign intended to show the Russian people that the US is not as significant as we are.

Anyway, what do you think?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
This is a spinoff of a locked thread about a newspiece with rediculous battle data from Samarra.

I noticed that Gazrok pointed out that it was from 'Pravda' in Russia. I don't know what style news Pravda is, but I assume it's along the lines of a tabloid similar to FOXNews or CNN. Assuming that, I also have to assume that a lot of people consume such drivel, as do many here.

What I'm wondering is has anyone noticed an unreasonable amount of grossly false reports on America and its dealings in the Russian press? If so, who makes up this crap, and for what purpose?

In my paranoia, I suspect that it is a government created anti-US media campaign intended to show the Russian people that the US is not as significant as we are.

Anyway, what do you think?

not exactly.,pravda isn't something like "fox"..they are something like "the sun" or worse..so they have many stories about people who saw Elvis
)) or who were kidnapped by ET
))) even about the dragons
))

there were some theories that US attacked Iraq because alien spaceship crashed somewhere there and Saddam captured the aliens etc
)

english.pravda.ru...

english.pravda.ru...

english.pravda.ru...

))

[edit on 4-10-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I remember when they first invaded, I was reading a Russian news site whose version of what was happening was entirely different than what our news reported. Either the Russians absolutely hate us, or our media is lying to us like crazy. I mean, they practically reported that we were getting our asses kicked, and claimed to get this info from intercepted communications.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Pravda is closer to Weekly World News than Fox.

Try some of the other Russian news agencies.
Russian Newspapers

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
www.mosnews.com...

this one isn't so bad,they have some interesting articles sometimes
)

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I posted the locked thread. For that particular article, it is a translation of a report from www.islammemo.cc... But since I can not read Arabic, I do not know which particular report is the original.

As a matter of facts, the articles posted on iraqwar.mirror-world.ru comes various sources. It is forum discussing issues and events related to Iraq War. Visitors from Arab, UK, Canada, US, Asia, etc participate in the discussion following each article.

It is a website similar to ATS.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Pravda is quite a large news organization in Russia and use to be the official paper of the communist party of the Soviet Union I believe. I trust Pravda more than Fox News

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
As a matter of facts, the articles posted on iraqwar.mirror-world.ru comes various sources. It is forum discussing issues and events related to Iraq War. Visitors from Arab, UK, Canada, US, Asia, etc participate in the discussion following each article.

It is a website similar to ATS.
Yeah, I noticed it was a forum site, but I couldn't find where the poster listed the source, if they did at all. But the information contained in the report was so horribly inaccurate in so many ways, that one has to wonder if it wasn't intentional.

Anyone with a little American military experience can attest to the lack of validity of the story.

I'm wondering if the Russian government isn't priming an anti-US platform for future use against us.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Pravda is quite a large news organization in Russia and use to be the official paper of the communist party of the Soviet Union I believe. I trust Pravda more than Fox News

especially when US tanks rolled in to Baghdad and homepage of pravda was something like "US tanks weren't seen in Baghdad - witnesses"
DD

you could even belive that Saddam captured UFO

bunny Bugs will ask: is there any doc??

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I thought pravda was the official news source for old communist russian regime also.... ain't sure though.
they do have some really interesting stories on there though.....ufos, archeology, ect...stories that even it they were true, you wouldn't read them in our NY Times.
But they have also had legitamate news stories that our media has failed to cover, and the sources seemed to be legit to me, not to mention american. So, who knows. The Russian are more into ufo's, esp, ect and spent alot more money researching those areas than we have. And well, it's a different culture probably. Maybe stories of little green boys being found in remote places is what the people want??

as far as the casualties in that one battle goes, well, I think we have had one national guard attributed to it from Rome, NY. (I'm not sure if it's the same battle though.) My guess would be that if they are hiding the casualties, well, then they are reporting them through local news channels, but it's not going much further. maybe if you did a search with the keywords.....causualty, the name of the city, and Iraq, or something like that, maybe you would find local reports attributing more deaths to that battle.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Russian people are extremely interested into UFO's and there research and disclosure of UFO's is decades at least ahead of the USA.

thanks,
drfunk

top topics

join