It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News - Wales flooding: Major rescue under way after flooding

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Why dont you start your own thread on this issue rather than dominate one about a flood. You have obviously got a problem so why not share it in your own thread. You talk about people being rude, but the behavior you have displayed in this thread has been pretty rude. Start you r own thread. I dare you.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Gosh, you really are an ignorant, arrogant little person, aren't you. You don't listen to anything at all. You are the be all and end all of everything, in your opinion at least. The last person you denigrated as being Welsh actually stated that he was from Scotland but that went right over your tiny head, didn't it.

One day, you should visit our cousins in Wales, Scotland or Ireland and put your points of view across to them in person. Then we'll see if you'll even be able to speak, let alone type such a load of rubbish.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Citybig

"I hope you can be more thruthful in the future."

Think you mean "truthful in the future.". Maybe you local English authority should be spending there hard taxes on the education system eh? I say that for the full nation by the way, not just England, its a crime the cuts they have made to Univercity places throughout the U.K.

edit on 9-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

I think you mean should be spending "THEIR" hard taxes. If you want to play childish spelling games then so be it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Citybig, i dina ken who stole the jam outta your donut ma friend, but trust me not every other nation in the U.K hates the English, only a minority of sad hate mongerers in all our respective nations im afraid. Peace and love to you from all your Scottish brother's here in Sunny Glasgow!!! LoL. By the way my excuse for spelling is Dyslexia whats yours?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

No comment mate, let the mods sort out your racist and derogatory remarks toward the handicapped! How low can you go?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Citybig

No comment mate, let the mods sort out your racist and derogatory remarks toward the handicapped! How low can you go?

You're a right laugh mate. Still haven't answered my question abour race though, which indicates that you have run out of valid debating topics and are now clutching at straws.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Tell you what, pop quiz eh. Who here thinks Citybig's comments in this thread have been racist derogatory toward the handicapable and just down right simple minded???

Are you looking forward to the School Holidays? LoL LoL. Im off for a spliff, coz your twisting my nipplets! Love you lots Citybig!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I do

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
That's a shame. Hopefully once our English taxpayers money has been blown rebuilding whatever has been destroyed, you'll be able to move on with your lives and further devolution.

you just couldn't help yourself could you?.
Your comment has progressed the thread, How?.

As for your "Devolution" message, whilst you have an english prince titled to the lands of wales, yes, you can repatriate those tax pounds.
Does no one in Wales pay Tax?, should it all go to england and stay there?.
Is it any wonder we would like to see devolution, knowing caring, sharing people such as yourself are showing such unbridled generosity towards us, even in life threatening emergency situations.

There has been a massive amount of rain here in the last few days, although we are used to seeing a lot of rain, because of the amount of the last 5-6 months, the underground aquifers are pretty full, and runoff is literally having nowhere but the rivers to go to, everything is waterlogged, the manhole covers are being lifted by the water pressure underneath, the runoff from the mountains is very heavy to say the least.

I hope there is a break from the rain for them, it would be nice to see a few weeks of unbroken sunshine.

edit on 9-6-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Common the LAND AND THE KING are one,,,
royals there so slow,,,

ya i agree said the Dragon,,

pass the popcorn,,,,

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I don't care about these people, their homes or their livelihoods. I care about the fact that we in England will be required to pick up the tab as we always are. I have no advice to these people other than vote for whatever party advocates Wales leaving the union.

Now please tell me what is not racist in those comments....The End of discussion with you.

Lets just hope that everyone get out of there ok and to safe places....And all those English folks who were vacationing in the caravans...hope you all will be ok...also To all the welsh folks who are out there helping your neighbors out....Kudos to you all.

Flash flooding is horrible as it is sooo unpredictable and can come upon people so fast....Also i remember when i came to England in Novemebr of 2002 how bad the east parts of England was so much underwater....Also i believe it is a nostradamus prediction that a 3RD of England will someday be underwater....hope it does not happen but England definitely is prone to severe flooding.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Hey X...just read through the thread and do not do as he is doing and judge all people by his low moral standing...I think he may have just been dissed by some pretty Welsh lass and he has a hate on.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by welshbeliever
im welsh not english !
theres more than one country in england , check out a map ;-)
edit on 9-6-2012 by welshbeliever because: sp

Clearly not enough of our tax money is spent on education in Wales, the point I was making is that me, as an Englishman, will be footing the bill for the damage to Wales, just like we foot the bills for every perk the Scottish and Welsh exctract from their national assemblies funded by us.

Last time I looked Wales was a part of the UK who also pay tax...

As an Englishman I INSIST that my fellow Brits use MY taxes to help them..

You sir are a muppet of the highest order!

It was nice to find a post like yours amongst the idiocy of your countrymen, it serves as a reminder to not be xenophobic or to stereotype ENTIRE nations of people based on the anachronistic views of a few of them.
Thank you.

Talk about sychronicity, i replied to this post and saw what plube had written, above, i tottally agree, writing off entire nations because of the views of a few, is so un-neccesary.
edit on 9-6-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Too Those Who,,
Have on occasions,,
such as this,, with Prince Philip,,,philip,, from Greece,,
being in such,, aged condition,,
and as the KINGDOM, undertands my love for my Husband,
i hereby Resign The THRONE,,

AND,,ETCCCC,,,

Well at least thats what a canadian would do,,

new blood and all

id pick the red head ,, lol its personal.

zz
what were u thinking,, slap,,,

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't care about these people, their homes or their livelihoods.

Need I say more?

Goodbye would be nice...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Well Citybig the general consensus seems to imply that indeed you comments have been both racist toward the other member nations of the United Kingdom and toward the handicapable. Not to mention simple minded and stupid to the core! I recommend you apologise and be a better man. It takes a big man to know when he is in the wrong. Something we here in Scotland are all to familiar with. Guess i dont have to prove anything now since you done so yourself mate, enough rope so to speak. Good luck here in the future on ATS. My advice is play nice my friend, you catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Here, have some more links.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

www.independent.co.uk...

archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you even read the stories behind the links?.

The first story, the Victims ARE WELSH!!, hardly racism is it attacking your countrymen?, admit it, you were just attempting to be derisive and only succeded in showing us all (again) how slow witted and cumbersome you find the process of "Thought".
Please, just stop it, why persist with thoughts towards racism yourself, when, you attempt to decry it as a failing to face of those who would listen.
Just don't mate, please.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join