It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi - The One stop thread for Chi - Post your knowledge/research here!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

One other thing. I have been trained to never underestimate an adversary. Bruce Lee was actually asked to move slower in his Martial Arts Body actions as he moved so fast that the Camera had a hard time picking up the speed of his moves and it tended to make his moves look BLURRY.

I did not come to my statement of my Winning Lightly. I thought about it first. Bruce Lee would approach someone of my Stature and Training from fighting from the Periphery or at the edge of my reach which is longer. He would also try to sweep my legs out from under me and since he is much smaller as well as lighter than myself...He would most definitely try to do this.

My advantages would be my reach of both arms and legs as well as my strength as well as my body having Muscle covering up internal organs. A single elbow to his sternum would crack it open and any punch I connect to his rib areas would break them. But first I have to draw him in.

I am well Trained and could deflect his strikes but I would allow him to sweep my legs in the proper position...as I fell...I would pivot and depending on which side he was on...this is where he would be most vulnerable. A Leg sweep of his style would be Lee dropping to usually one hand and sweeping my legs from behind the and above the heals. Because of my Mass...he would most likely drop down with two arms and both hands on the ground to make sure he could sweep my bodies mass...this would be his mistake...as he places both hands on the ground and drops...performs the sweep...I would reverse pivot and this would live my Right or Left Arm depending which side he chose to several wide open areas...his neck...his solar plexus, sternum, or Liver or Kidneys.

Once he commits...and I am prepared for this...his body is simply not padded enough to endure a blow that I am prepared to direct. Where in my case...I can withstand his blows. If he is close enough...I would pivot as I fall thus transferring the rotation of my bodies mass into my blow...if he came into the sweep too close...I would be able to use my elbow to break any bone on his Torso...if further away...my hand could chop at his neck or my fist could hit an organ on his lithe body. Any one of these strikes would end the fight. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
chi ro lambda

X
I
S is the serpent symbol,,cut off,,

there done.

chow. lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Love this video lmao.

Anyways... some people think its fake.. but it's not. it takes YEARS to get to a master level. I hardly practice Chi anymore.

Understand that this practice is really another form of meditation. It's really soothing when you get into it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have witnessed board breaking up close and I notice that the boards are never OAK or TEAK...but a light set of boards that have been cup so as to have the wood grain running down the length.

In Brick Breaking...the Bricks are not of the same type that one builds a building with as anyone who attempted to break even one or two would shatter their hands.

The best example of what CHI can or cannot do for one that believes in it...could be seen on a MYTHBUSTERS SHOW where they took fighters of all styles of Martial Arts and this also included Boxers from the U.S.

Each Man was given several attempts to strike a Human Jell Torso and guess who had the most Pounds per Square Inch Force in their Blows...the U.S. Boxer. In fact...a Boxers punch generated almost double what was generated by a Master in KARATE.

When I was Trained...we were told to forget about all the Movie nonsense and concentrate on one thing...A blow to another is about Force Projection and this means F=MA...or Force equals Mass times Acceleration. In WWII the Japanese who were trained with much skill in Martial Arts came to the realization that a 120 Man cannot generate the force required to knock out a 225 LBS American simply because although the Japanese may be able to move a Kick or a Punch or Chop at a quick rate of speed...they simply do not have enough Mass in their appendages or Bodies to make up for a Larger American Soldier...average of 40% larger in Mass...who can swing a bit slower or kick a bit slower but more than make up for it by their Mass as well as their Bodies internal organs being protected by greater amounts of muscle as well as a larger and denser Skeletal Structure.

If you notice...the Pro's who perform Mixed Martial Arts such as a Brock Lesnar....are of a specific size and mass that is far larger than average Asian Body Mass. You could put the Greatest Asian Master in the Cage with Men like these and that Master would soon be a Bloody Pulp. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

still the best illustration of this,, prefered method,,
was given by a Canadian,, at Camp X,,

they made a movie

cool .lol

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A true master will:

1) never harm anyone

2) never need to defend himself

(the radiance of his being will be sufficient to disarm the Asuras)

3) know that efforts and movements, to play with the inexhaustible life-force,

aren't needed at all

4) more than often be seen as an idiot through the eyes of the ignorants

5) easily see the true intents behind appearances

6) never show his faculties (siddhis) in public

edit on 17-6-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I couldn't agree more with some of your comments. I am small 5'4" and regularly spar against much larger heavier opponents. Reach, weight and mass do give advantages and I find it extremely difficult in a gloved sparring situations. While f=ma the force per square inch can be worked on to equalise some of the difference. I have worked hard on conditioning my single knuckle, fingers etc, and also work on targeting areas such as the eyes etc , where it is harder to develop muscle protection. This is hard to do in sparring but can be worked on with other training equipment. I find once the gloves come on, though, the bigger stronger guy has a huge advantage.

I also find that it is possible to learn to strike with the whole body , so again the mass of the striking limb is effectively increased. I honestly think that utilising breath , posture conditioning , intent etc can produce strikes that seem more powerfull than the persons build suggests. Call this chi if you like, but it can still be represented within the sphere of known physics.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whitebrow

Chi is based on a persons concentration where a punch, kick or any form of strike is being directed at a specific target area of either the Human Body or an object where the strike will have the greatest possible effect.

This focus takes into account strike speed, angle, muscle and bone alignment and transfer of the bodies momentum. It makes no difference how much a person may concentrate on this if the Body or Object is designed or has density of a greater ability to remain stable as apposed to the force necessary to break or effect it.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
In Cassadega, Florida, there is a machine/device that is used nominally to "read auras". While I was working in a nearby city, I made a trip to Cassadega on four occasions to perform an experiment using the machine.

The point of the experiment was to determine if controlled attempts to manipulate "internal energy" could be detected by the machine. The first attempt was the control, to find the baseline energy reading. The three subsequent readings were taken on three separate occasions, attempting to gain readings of different manipulations.

Different manipulations were found to produce different readings on the machine, in the form of colors. After four manipulations and readings, a definite pattern emerged regarding what manipulations produced what patterns. Documentation was gathered as evidence.

Conclusion: What is called "chi" or "internal energy" can be detected by electromagnetic means, and manipulated in a controlled fashion with subsequent detection.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Make of it what you will. I can guarantee that its 100% real.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-11-2012 by Serenity777 because: none of the videos came out properly on the page.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join