It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Edgar Mitchell "Aliens Exist & Government Cover Up is Real" - Fox News

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Wibble
Not sure what you mean but I am not trying to say anything. I just say, JimO.

Have you even READ the reports from the OTHER witnesses at the 'UFO sightings' described by Cooper?

None of the other pilots in his Germany unit have the slightest idea what he is talking about regarding the 1951 story, nor are there any press records from Munich, a major city, where nobody saw anything either.

The photographer who Cooper claims was working for HIM reports that he was NOT, that Cooper was never involved in the event, and the investigation of the report at that time says the object was described as drifting slowly past the witnesses in the distance. Cooper claims HE was in charge and that the object landed on tripod gear and HE personally saw the film.
Cooper's account, to me, seems utterly at variance to all other accounts by direct eyewitnesses.

Do you wish to believe BOTH versions? How do you justify that? Attacking the original witnesses?

So why the hell did he lie then ?
Short of cash?

It seems some americans like the lime light and bs and correct me if I am wrong

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
What realy blows me away is there are some lagit testimonies out there that get dumped and debunked by some pathetic conclusions by the mass skeptics or politcal correctness.

Disclosure is right in front of your eyes and has been since the 1950s, just take the time to research.

For a child of the culture that has repeatedly swallowed single-witness ravings such as Gordon Cooper's without the slightest effort, EVER, at 'taking the time to research', you seem remarkably disconnected from the time-tested techniques of assessing reality.

One can assess Mitchell's credibility by examining OTHER fringe claims he has made over the years, that CAN be verified or refuted. For example, assess the logic and rationality of his claim of success in his Apollo-14 ESP experiment. Read his original paper. Analyze its argument. It can provide insights.

One can -- if so inclined -- assess the credibility of Gordon Cooper's stories by comparing his claims to other people present during what he claims were UFO experiences. Compare and contrast. Judge.

I doubt you've ever done that. In fact, I doubt you can identify ANY UFO buff in the history of the world, who has ever done that.

So don't preach to me about what is "right in front of your eyes", your own eyes from this vantage point look firmly squeezed closed, like your mind. Please clarify, and refute this suspicion. What do YOU see about the Mitchell and Cooper and [yes!] Armstrong/Aldrin testimony?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Short of cash?

I think that's the wrong question to start with.

The first question is, can we establish that his story is contradictory to all other eyewitness testimony.

I argue it is, and in the UFO community, the only argument I've heard is that we all should pretend nobody's found that out.

It's not that they just don't WANT to know the full story around Cooper's claims.

It seems they specifically want NOT to know the context, and they want everybody else NOT to know those awkward facts.

The prefer ignorance, in other words. Is that how people are acting?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Remains sat on your "broken chair", and put down your head in front of these heroes who finally are raising the veil on the most colossal cover up of the history of the humanity.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I cant take this anymore, how many more "insiders" coming forward does it take for people to wake up to the fact

"we are not alone, we have never been alone and now more are coming"

Phage.............................................................. what do you believe?

No insider is coming forward. This could be me or you coming forward, he has NO personal knowledge and is only reporting on hearsay from others.

Exactly.

Edgar Mitchell had a strong belief in alien visitation even BEFORE he became an astronaut. His belief was not some revelation he had that was caused by secret government information he gathered WHILE he was an astronaut. Mitchell himself has said his beliefs do not arise from secrets he learned as an astronaut.

Edgar Mitchell is welcome to believe whatever he wants. However, let's not make it sound as if he is a whistleblower with inside information. He's simply a person (just like a lot of other people, many here an ATS) who strongly believes in alien visitation.

edit on 6/7/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

What realy blows me away is there are some lagit testimonies out there that get dumped and debunked by some pathetic conclusions by the mass skeptics or politcal correctness.

Disclosure is right in front of your eyes and has been since the 1950s, just take the time to research.

For a child of the culture that has repeatedly swallowed single-witness ravings such as Gordon Cooper's without the slightest effort, EVER, at 'taking the time to research', you seem remarkably disconnected from the time-tested techniques of assessing reality.

One can assess Mitchell's credibility by examining OTHER fringe claims he has made over the years, that CAN be verified or refuted. For example, assess the logic and rationality of his claim of success in his Apollo-14 ESP experiment. Read his original paper. Analyze its argument. It can provide insights.

One can -- if so inclined -- assess the credibility of Gordon Cooper's stories by comparing his claims to other people present during what he claims were UFO experiences. Compare and contrast. Judge.

I doubt you've ever done that. In fact, I doubt you can identify ANY UFO buff in the history of the world, who has ever done that.

So don't preach to me about what is "right in front of your eyes", your own eyes from this vantage point look firmly squeezed closed, like your mind. Please clarify, and refute this suspicion. What do YOU see about the Mitchell and Cooper and [yes!] Armstrong/Aldrin testimony?

I am not child of the culture by any means not that it was directed personaly I hope? and I am not preaching to you Jim so get off the high horse and calm down.
Most of my family are now exmilitary due to old age and they have many strange storys to tell about the subject.
edit on 7/6/12 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Short of cash?

I think that's the wrong question to start with.

The first question is, can we establish that his story is contradictory to all other eyewitness testimony.

I argue it is, and in the UFO community, the only argument I've heard is that we all should pretend nobody's found that out.

It's not that they just don't WANT to know the full story around Cooper's claims.

It seems they specifically want NOT to know the context, and they want everybody else NOT to know those awkward facts.

The prefer ignorance, in other words. Is that how people are acting?

To cut a long story short Jim I was asking you to enlighten me on the true facts of the story and produce official records that all.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I am not child of the culture by any means not that it was directed personaly I hope? and I am not preaching to you Jim so get off the high horse and calm down.
Most of my family are now exmilitary due to old age and they have many strange storys to tell about the subject.

Well, when you wrote

...i thought you meant it.

If these were just rhetorical flourishes, then of course they don't need any high-horse riposte.

Sorry I misunderstood your intent.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

To cut a long story short Jim I was asking you to enlighten me on the true facts of the story and produce official records that all.

The Cooper stories -- and conflicting documentation and testimony -- have been discussed at length elsewhere on ATS, somebody ought to be able to find you a link, if you can't.

The same goes for Mitchell's published study on his Apollo-14 ESP experiment. I suggested that, to assess his up-front credibility on fringe opinions, that this paper be read and assessed on its own merits. As far as I can tell, NOBODY in this community has EVER read that paper. What are they hiding from?

My point is this: NOBODY as far as I could tell ever bothered to try to verify the stories, aside from me.

They just relied on the 'VIP factor' and accepted them as true from the start, with independent verification unnecessary. Even, perhaps, undesirable. That's the way they've been acting for DECADES. How well has it been working, now?

I have argued that this approach is guaranteed to create self-delusion and misjudgments.

If that is NOT where you want to be, I suggest a change in approach.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wibble
Not sure what you mean but I am not trying to say anything. I just say, JimO.

Have you even READ the reports from the OTHER witnesses at the 'UFO sightings' described by Cooper?

None of the other pilots in his Germany unit have the slightest idea what he is talking about regarding the 1951 story, nor are there any press records from Munich, a major city, where nobody saw anything either.

The photographer who Cooper claims was working for HIM reports that he was NOT, that Cooper was never involved in the event, and the investigation of the report at that time says the object was described as drifting slowly past the witnesses in the distance. Cooper claims HE was in charge and that the object landed on tripod gear and HE personally saw the film.

Cooper's account, to me, seems utterly at variance to all other accounts by direct eyewitnesses.

Do you wish to believe BOTH versions? How do you justify that? Attacking the original witnesses?

I have no idea why you keep thinking that I believe Cooper's story. I am afraid you, misread me,or, misattributed someone else's writing to me. I just answered someone's question about an astronaut who claimed to have seen UFO's.
Then I had a, more or less linguistic, discussion about the subjective nature of a UFO observation. I never voiced an opinion about Cooper's alleged sighting, really. I'm sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
According to this link in this old ATS thread, Edgar Mitchell is involved with remote viewing spooks, and one who was "an important part of MK Ultra going back to the 50's". If we can believe Jack Sarfatti. Maybe it means not much-o-nothin, but I thought I'd share that here, I think it has some kind of significance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.zpenergy.com...

4/6/05,10:08 PM, p.2 of 9 Analysis by Jack Sarfatti of the real UFO physics implied in
Jacques Vallee’s “Fastwalker” written with Tracy Torme.

I also met CIA Chief of Station Harold Chipman in mid 80’s who was very
much part of this project. Chipman wrote some of the episodes in the TV series “The
Enforcer”based on his CIA career. He also wrote a treatment for a screen play “The
Union” about a rogue CIA group like Vallee’s “Alintel” using remote viewing against the
Soviets. He was an important part of MK ULTRA going back to the fifties and had a
hand in the SRI remote-viewing (RV) project of Puthoff and Targ with astronaut Edgar
Mitchell and Brendan O Regan. Police Commissioner Pat Price was a close associate of
“Chip’s” and Price was a “star” of the RV project along with Uri Geller and Ingo Swann.
Puthoff was not aware of Chipman’s role in what he was doing at the time.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with be skeptic, I want aliens to be real, I want to think there is more out their but I'm not going to start believing in everything I read or hear.

The fact is people are writing books and so forth with testimonials from pilots, ex government officials, and nasa ex employees like they are proof of some kind of cover up and everyone assumes omg it must be true, when it fact it could still be misinformation, mistaken sightings and so on.

We have had whistle-blowers stake everything on the line for such less topics of which they stake everything on the line, their careers and even in some cases put their family at risk... Why? Because they feel it's right to do so.

In most cases with ex-exployees of this and that they claim to kept-ed quiet for many decades before telling their story, they have not lost anything or staked any thing on the line for what they think is right, it's like well they didn't care so much then so why now?

They have much to gain, and for that reason 90% of it is BS, 9% of it is mistaken sightings and the other tiny 1% is in fact UFOS but doesn't mean they are little green men, it could be something we just don't understand yet like many other fields we still don't know why things happen the way they do, taken quantum for example.

I'm not saying that all testimonials are fake, lies or even mistaken sightings for something else, but the fact is this is far from disclosure, and those so called officials are gaining from this on many levels as well as being a UFO Celeb within the UFO community.

If Aliens are visiting and they are being studied I would assume that this information could be leaked, the fact is we have had hoax after hoax, we know the government is great at keeping secrets for example the stealth planes and new weapons etc, but this is a whole different ball game. People who make these weapons, and new technologies would most likely believe that it should be kept ed quiet and its not really a thing against HUMANITY.

Keeping Aliens covered up is something that Humanity deserves to know and I'm sure we would have more than ex-this and that coming forward, and if I'm completely honest I can't seem to give any respect to people who come forward 30years later.

So I'm not sure why these people get so merit for such little actions.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Loophole because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
The reason I don't buy the cold war theory is Donald Keyhoes books
, read them and you'll be in no doubt as to the fact that the Airforce had no idea what some of these objects were.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

When there are undisclosed projects, lots of parts of the Air Force will not know what they are. This is intentional.

When there are undisclosed projects from the CIA or NRO, even more of the Air Force will not know what they are. This is intentional.

I have heard it directly from a CIA historian that many "unexplained" sightings in the 50's-60's era were actually U-2 flights and related activities (CORONA?), and he is able to say this since they have been declassified. Obviously there are more later ones which remain secret and undisclosed. In such an event, intelligence agencies do not cooperate with investigators, even Air Force, if the projects are officially undisclosed.

They have a reason for this: any information on the observability and characteristics of undisclosed projects is beneficial to the intelligence target for countermeasures.

Since projects are very compartmentalized, even speculating about sightings and things "you" don't understand might inadvertently reveal aspects of other undisclosed activities. So the safest thing is always to STFU.

What does this mean? If there are any ET in the mix (and I don't know about this), they would easily go uninvestigated and unacknowledged. Why? Because nobody has the authority to speculate or acknowledge, but everybody could be punished for creating a leak about something else. IOW, I think 100% of everybody who say works at Area 51 have no more idea about ET than anybody else.

If there's an ET coverup, it is 99.44% ET's fault and responsibility.
edit on 7-6-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
...If there's an ET coverup, it is 99.44% ET's fault and responsibility.

I don't know if it would be "all" their fault and responsibility, but they would definitely be complicit. If they wanted to make their presence known, they could have already done so.

...and, people -- please don't tell me they ARE making their presence known (through crop circles, lights in the sky, and whatnot. They should be able to do better than that).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I don't know if it would be "all" their fault and responsibility, but they would definitely be complicit. If they wanted to make their presence known, they could have already done so.

...and, people -- please don't tell me they ARE making their presence known (through crop circles, lights in the sky, and whatnot. They should be able to do better than that).

"They should be able to do better than that" - How so? Aliens are well... alien to us.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

"They should be able to do better than that" - How so? Aliens are well... alien to us.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

I don't think it really matters how alien they are to us (or, just as important, how alien we are to them). If visiting ETs do exist, and they wanted to make their existence known to the world, then they are doing a poor job of it. I really can't believe that it would be that hard for them to figure out a way to show the world they exist, and do so in a manner that is obvious and unambiguous -- no matter how alien we are to them.

I can only assume that if there actually are ETs visiting the Earth, and TPTB are covering up their existence, then those ETs are complicit in that cover-up.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi,,(S&F)

Nice to have this article/interveiw brought up again.
And its alway new to someone.

One thing about this man is that he is pretty cool, and not in it for the money or attention.
I kinda assume that he knows a tad more also, but draws a line due to other(s) respect and privacy he knows in his field.
I do agree with another poster here, that some questions aked to him had a sarcastic/cocky undertone.
Edgar gots more gutts and bigger balls than those 2 guys!

Be interesting if we had or own private sattlelite or 2 that watched whats outside our atmosphere ,and took photos(but the non blurry ones nasa gives us).
I'd keep my eyes on what comes up from our planet/leaves our atmosphere as well.

I do get the feeling an accident will happen or the can of beans will spill eventually.

Molly

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Since Astronauts or NASA scientists barely have much information on classified info other than being believers or as in most cases - skeptics. I think no one can speak better than people whose hands have touched and whose eyes have seen these documents first hand. If I get into the classified stuff soon as a job, I will try to craw my way to this part of classified stuff and regarding such aerial phenomenon.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How dare those two idiots treat Dr.Mitchell with such disrespect! I can easily imagine them slapping each other's backs for the manner in which they hosted a Fox News version of an in depth interview with such an honourable and courageous man as Dr. Mitchell....bloody morons that they are!
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that these type of interviews are designed to discourage reputable witnesses such as Dr.Mitchell from stepping forth with information that could blow the closed doors of disclosure, wide open!
Even though he admits to never had any type of experience regarding u.f.o's or aliens, I'm quite sure Dr. Mitchell had complete confidence in the reliability of his sources, otherwise he never would have said anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This was a very weak performance by Edgar Mitchell.
He refused several times to not give names or sources...said right at the start "I never seen a UFO"...and kept talking about the "lore" which everyone already knows about.

He may as well have been a random guy on the street that they interviewed. Him being an astronaut means nothing with what info he gave.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join