It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia and Iran joining forces?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Check this link to see what I'm talking about. It seems to me that they are joining forces and making a "nations block", things are getting really odd...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

Old News.

The BRIC alliance of Brazil, Russia, Iran, and China has been an important discussion for several years. It would be a powerful peer to NATO, and the EU. Personally, I'm not too concerned, because none of them (including NATO or US) have any strong leaders at the moment. It takes a Stalin, or a Hitler, or an extreme visionary to unite a group and impact the world, and the world is extremely short on those types of leaders at the moment.

They can join forces all they want, they will still be just as impotent as the US until a leader shows up on the scene.

Vladimir Putin is a STUD, but I don't think he is a uniter that can make BRIC a powerhouse to worry about.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I find it difficult to believe a nation that does not allow religious freedom(China) and a nation (or former nation of Republics, Russia) that for the most of the previous century did not allow religious freedom would be able to team up ,so to speak, with a nation that is barely more than a Theocracy(Iran). There would be tons of disagreements on policy. See Indian Mutiny 1857-1859

An example from history of different cultures clashing over policy.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Traditionally BRIC stands for Brazil, Russia, INDIA, and China. Not Iran.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
27-1-2012
www.abovetopsecret.com...

14-2-2012

Needs an up-date.

Ya oold news,,,,a pulitzer?? ohh a hearst award,,,hows Patty the SLA, wonder these days?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dookie Master

I find it difficult to believe a nation that does not allow religious freedom(China) and a nation (or former nation of Republics, Russia) that for the most of the previous century did not allow religious freedom would be able to team up ,so to speak, with a nation that is barely more than a Theocracy(Iran). There would be tons of disagreements on policy. See Indian Mutiny 1857-1859

An example from history of different cultures clashing over policy.

The only reason Russia and China oppose religion is because organized groups of like-minded people constitute a threat to the authority of the government. Iran is equally oppressive of a regime, but instead of banning religion, they require a single religion. I don't think the culture/government is all that much different between them.

Now Brazil, I'm not sure how that fits in with the other 3, but I suspect Chavez and Venezuela have something to do with getting Brazil involved.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Now Brazil, I'm not sure how that fits in with the other 3, but I suspect Chavez and Venezuela have something to do with getting Brazil involved.

I love when americans quote other countries like they know something about it. Brasil and Venezuela, never got along, Chavez is "persona non grata" here(yes, I'm from Brasil).
Just to put you guys aware: Think about Brasil as a ball of wool, everything is messed up here. EVERYTHING. Brasiliain government is always "on the wal" about anything, never giving an opinion, never saying "yes" or "no", that filthy tactics of "not cofirm or deny" anything. I hate how things are here.
Anyway, Brasil is considered as a big barn, full of resources and cheap workers. That's why the problems will be minimized here but not that much thou.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". Karl Marx

I respectfully disagree with your statement. It is not the only difference in these nations system of government. One of the governments is completely anti-religion (China), one was (Russia) and one is ruled by a religious, non-secular theocracy(Iran), based on that nations 1979 constitution. My opinion is the differences in ideology will not allow the three nations to work together for any extended period of time.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

go here

More readings from Brazil. [Warning, he's a bit upset so there is some swearing].

help?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler

I love when americans quote other countries like they know something about it. Brasil and Venezuela, never got along, Chavez is "persona non grata" here(yes, I'm from Brasil).
Just to put you guys aware: Think about Brasil as a ball of wool, everything is messed up here. EVERYTHING. Brasiliain government is always "on the wal" about anything, never giving an opinion, never saying "yes" or "no", that filthy tactics of "not cofirm or deny" anything. I hate how things are here.
Anyway, Brasil is considered as a big barn, full of resources and cheap workers. That's why the problems will be minimized here but not that much thou.

I'm pretty sure I said I wasn't sure how it fit with the others, and I only "suspected" Chavez and Venezuela had something to do with it. That suspicion is pretty well founded since Chavez does have ties to Iran, Russia, and China, and since there is a geographical correlation between Brazil and Venezuela. You admit yourself that the Brazilian government is pretty messed up, so why wouldn't Chavez and the other 3 countries have some foothold and influence in the Brazilian government?

I admit, many Americans are naive about foreign governments, myself included, although I do have more exposure than most Americans. At least I have friends in the old USSR, Columbia, Saudi Arabia, etc. Still, it is quite possible that I'm completely wrong about Brazil, and that is precisely why I said "I suspect."

Do you have a more plausible explanation for why Russia, Iran/India, and China are courting Brazil, while the EU and NATO are ignoring it? Is there something that NATO is missing?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

IMHO, yes, there is a VERY important point missing: the geography.
The position Brasil is on the map, makes it strategically crucial for any sea operation.

Despite that, there's the "pre-salt". Brasil is as rich as Iraq regarding oil. We produce as much as Iraq does, and that's not ignorable.

And as I said, grain production here is very high, besides that, we have a huge bunch of fertile earth, making us, a very profitable country if our government had the balls. We could be a pontency as big as US is today, but corruption in our "upper spheres" is so high, that this is not possible... for now.
Did you guys know that the amount of taxes we pay here is something around 45% of our income? It means that around 4,5 to 5 months a year, we work exclusivelly to pay taxes, only the rest of our income is "ours". The thing is that all this money never comes back to people. Our hospitals are more like a "ill people depot", schools are completelly ignored(high school teacher here, makes around 400/month, and university around 900/month), police is joke, except for the well known "extermination squads" we have a lot of them here. Corruption here, carries a LOT of our sweatty money, just sad...but true

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Dr. Michel Chossudovsky on WWIII

www.youtube.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...

join