It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Clear Politics: Walker 51.5% - Barrett 44.8% : - Recall Thread -

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Proud of Wisconsin,and its people voting for someone who took a HARD stance on issues,no one wanted to touch. Regardless if you hate Walker or love him,this is going to be the barometer,for Obama,and his re election. People of Wisconsin had 8 years of waste,that forced Walker to make these hard decisions. People FORGOT that !!! Regardless if you wanted to believe it ,or not. Union members and its leaders,need to realize NOTHING is free,especially when TAXPAYERS are footing the bill. Our unemployment is at a low,while the city of Milwaukee,where Barrett is from,as at a high. The recall WASTED more taxpayer money. Wisconsin can now move forward.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

This has nothing to do with regular unions and has everything to do with state public unions. Walker didn't abolish all unions in the state, he just took some rights away from public servants.

That's my tax money. Our state was broke. Cuts needed to happen. Public employee's now have to contribute to their 401k plans and pay for their own healthcare. I don't get a choice of how my money is spent. Free retirement and free healthcare while the state spirals out of control in debt?

You're the one that needs to get a clue. I've had to pay for my own 401k and healthcare from day one. It's time everyone contributes to their future and not put that burden on the tax payers.
edit on 6-6-2012 by litterbaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What's that I see? A light in the east? A sunrise?

It's the dawning of a new day in America...again.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I'm a public sector union worker == We don't have 401K's, we have the very well-funded Employee Trust Fund. We didn't pay anything at all into our gauranteed retirement fund = the taxpayer's did. We also have differed comp. where we can have money deducted from our paycheck tax-free and placed into an account for ourselves.

When I started with the state of WI 19 years ago as an RN, I got family insurance (Physicians Plus) without any contribution from myself, and I worked only 50%. I now pay $84.oo a month for single insurance. Unless you know, the benefits of our state employment are unbelievable to the regular person

The union employees just believe that they are owed this because our jobs are so icky. It's only right that we should pay something, and what the governor is expecting us to pay is minimal compared to what the non=state worker has to pay.

It's just a little sacrifice that the state employees made such a big deal about, and it's way past time to be more fiscally responsible. They can never ackowledge that property taxes and corporate taxes is what pays our wages and benefits.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

You brought up a good point about corporate taxes. Anyone with any knowledge about business knows you need to spend money to make money. Better equipment, buying supplies in bulk ect.

I keep hearing the gripes about how Walker is giving corporations tax payer money. Then on the news you hear about how a company is building a facility in wisconsin and adding 100 jobs because the state is giving them 20 million to help build the stone and morter establishment and everyone cheers.

Why aren't people complaining about giving corporations money then?

I just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

That's how commerce works, Hopefully the investment that the state gives the company will ensure that the company does business and is able to give back to the state in the long run.

Thus the state workers will be able to continue their money-soaking-up employment.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

yup, Obama's Logo is coming back again

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

State workers don't "make anything", they just build roads, take care of the criminals, hand out licenses, make sure people aren't kill all the deer, or the fish.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner

yup, Obama's Logo is coming back again

That would be called a eclipse.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Hopefully after today, other States will see they can free themselves from the stranglehold of glorified thugs.

Des
edit on 5-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

And replace them with corporatist masters!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
reply to post by beezzer

If corporations are left to their own devices, worker rights, pay and benifits would be gone so fast it would make your head spin. Also, through lobbying efforts, and federal laws and rules regarding saftey and minimum wage would quickly be changed or struck from the law. The only reason these laws are still in place is due to the lobbying efforts of unions.

I have no problem with unions but I have a problem when unions can use the federal government to get what it wants. Whether it be the corporations or the unions anyone with too much power will abuse it. I live in a right to work state and its going just fine. If a job isn't paying what I think I'm worth I don't take the job. Benefits at a job is a incentive or a bonus to attract applicants it is not a right of yours. If people wanna gather and go on strike against their employer I'm fine with that but don't use the federal government as a weapon. And minimum wage as far as I'm concerned is something used to cover up a weakening dollar. You can raise the minimum wage pay but then the price of everything else will go up because someone has to pay for that increase. And the 40 hour work week is actually preventing me from making more money than I currently get as most employers don't want to pay overtime. Walker has a sketchy background but I do applaud him for slowing down big unions.
edit on 6-6-2012 by txraised254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Eurisko2012

closest thing to a real prediction ive personaly seen on this site well done!

more on topic can some one explain to me why this is a barometer for the coming election as i am not quite sure what that means as politics can confuse my addled brain some times

Clearly, the Republicans have the solutions.

Obama has - no - solutions.

He just wants to spend even more money that we do not have.

Obama = Grow the Government: Flush Taxpayer Money Down The Toilet: Solyndra

---------
Romney = Grow the Private Sector & Reduce the Size of Government

Get the Government out of the way !

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by KonigKaos
VERY HIGH VOTER TURN OUT REPORTED IN MULTIPULE CITIES

That's good news.

I'll stay with my prediction Walker 56% Barrett 44%.

--------
Obama hides under his desk.

I can hear him now.....

Don't let Walker win....don't let Walker win...oh please don't let Walker win.....

Des

The people of Wisconsin have spoken.

Gov. Scott Walker has won.

Obama is hiding under his desk.

---------
BTW, It appears Bill Clinton is a - Double Agent -.

He works for us now!!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

And just what do you think will happen once those "greedy" unions keeping your wages up are gone? Why welcome to China I hope you like living in mud huts with grass roofs and dirt floors. I swear the retardation going on in the right wing is just astounding. "We needed unions once but now we that we have the protections they fought for we don't need them." Are you flaming stupid? Are you really that naive to believe that now the corporations have ushered in the death knell of unions your rights are going to be protected? Why don't you go out and tattoo abuse me please on your forehead. They bought an election and now the morons of WI have given them the slaves they desire.

I'm guessing in obtaining your liberal arts degree you took a few classes on dramatic effect in writing, correct?

Unions do not keep my wages up, in fact, they make my costs HIGHER. I employ 8 people, and according to you and your um "logic", starting today I should cut their wages by 99% and make them pay me to use my company funded outhouse. Sound about right?

The marketplace determines wages, not some band of pitiful losers who cannot compete in the free market. This country does not need public union workers, nor are they an asset to the market.

Much to the dismay of people like you, wages will not be slashed today, nor will slave like conditions be imposed on anyone as a result of Scott Walker winning.

There is no right for "public " workers to bargain for more of my money. That is just a nice little catch phrase handed down by the leftist faction that is known as the labor movement.

edit on 6-6-2012 by FreeFromTheHerd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

And just what do you think will happen once those "greedy" unions keeping your wages up are gone? Why welcome to China I hope you like living in mud huts with grass roofs and dirt floors. I swear the retardation going on in the right wing is just astounding. "We needed unions once but now we that we have the protections they fought for we don't need them." Are you flaming stupid? Are you really that naive to believe that now the corporations have ushered in the death knell of unions your rights are going to be protected? Why don't you go out and tattoo abuse me please on your forehead. They bought an election and now the morons of WI have given them the slaves they desire.

I'm guessing in obtaining your liberal arts degree you took a few classes on dramatic effect in writing, correct?

Unions do not keep my wages up, in fact, they make my costs HIGHER. I employ 8 people, and according to you and your um "logic", starting today I should cut their wages by 99% and make them pay me to use my company funded outhouse. Sound about right?

The marketplace determines wages, not some band of pitiful losers who cannot compete in the free market. This country does not need public union workers, nor are they an asset to the market.

Much to the dismay of people like you, wages will not be slashed today, nor will slave like conditions be imposed on anyone as a result of Scott Walker winning.

There is no right for "public " workers to bargain for more of my money. That is just a nice little catch phrase handed down by the leftist faction that is known as the labor movement.

edit on 6-6-2012 by FreeFromTheHerd because: (no reason given)

Long Live Small Businesses in the Great State of Wisconsin.

---------
The whiner baby unions need to find a way to get by without - sweetheart union deals -.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The Restoration of America has begun.

Apparently, the Republicans have the solutions that actually work!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well said! I wish I could give applause. Oh well, a star will have to do for now.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My elite friends told me a few years ago, that when you see 49 - 51 that means they stole it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by txraised254

I agree with you, I have no probs with big union or big corp. The root of the problem is a lack of ethics, humanity humility on both sides. The old adage of "absolute power corrupts absolutley" has never been so glaringly visible. throughtout history greed and arrogance has been at least partially hidden and cloaked in nationalism, religion and various other veils for meglomaniacs. But the blantant, even boastful greed that is commonplace in boardrooms and union halls is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
My elite friends told me a few years ago, that when you see 49 - 51 that means they stole it.

You don't have well informed friends. It was not 49-51 BTW. Did you pull those numbers out of a dark hole....

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join