It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Knox building a city underground?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was told by my significant other that a friend had told her that she missed her soon-to-be husband while he was away for long periods of time at work. When asked where he worked she said that he has been staying in Louisville, Kentucky and working at Fort Knox. According to her, they are building a city underground at Fort Knox.

I Googled it and searched this site and found nothing of merit. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this and has info.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I usually make note of any news I run across
regarding Ft. Knox and I must say I haven't
heard anything about this. Interesting if true.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
I was told by my significant other that a friend had told her that she missed her soon-to-be husband while he was away for long periods of time at work. When asked where he worked

Im not saying your lying, but stories that start like that are hard to believe i think you can see that

I wonder what the need would be?
Maybe its like a server city? just a place for a bunch of servers?I dunno i just made that up lol

Fort knox building a city underground whats the most logical simplest explanation for that?

Also can you find out the size or pick her brains about why?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
When I start to hear those strange sounds,I'll let you know.
I live about 20 miles due east from Fort Knox.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

edit on 2-6-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: Hammer slammer blammer hammer...dub post

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I live close to it, haven't seen a thing. Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
When I start to hear those strange sounds,I'll let you know.
I live about 20 miles due east from Fort Knox.

HOWDY NEIGHBOR!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
No real reason to build an undeground structure anyway. There are Carter Caves to the East (which have been closed for some time due to possible rabies issues with the bats) and Mammoth Caves to the South and it would be much easier to build something inside the cave systems than under the fort... but then Carter Caves have been closed, so you never know.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Fort Knox is over a natural cave system
Some of the vaults are built into the caves. it would be easy to enlarge this cave system with man made tunnels

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Fort Knox is over a natural cave system
Some of the vaults are built into the caves. it would be easy to enlarge this cave system with man made tunnels

Good point. The entire region is riddled with caves... part of being in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I see some of these underground cities/bases could be new innovation in the work field?

If they can build a city underground to ensure workers safe, easy, cheap commute to work and living..Sign me up!

I do find underground buildings,cities,etc threads really interesting though.

Why all of a sudden is their a rush for these? I also think that we as a humanity are at the point where we are waiting for something to happen. I hear it from everyone. It's like we know something is going to happen that will either break us or pull us together. Sooo..Their could be something to these.

One of my favorite movies that turned me onto underground bases, etc is The Island. Great movie!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

While I understand where you are coming from, I am not lying. It's just something she told me that piqued my interest. That is all. It made me think of the Denver International Airport. They built a huge underground facility for luggage maintenance and have never used it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
reply to post by Bixxi3

While I understand where you are coming from, I am not lying. It's just something she told me that piqued my interest. That is all. It made me think of the Denver International Airport. They built a huge underground facility for luggage maintenance and have never used it.

Yeah. Perhaps a cover story as is the closing of some caves because of rabid bats. Those explanations remind me of the movie Close Encounters.... remember the military created a scare in the area of Devil's Tower that involved placing dead cows along the roads leading into the area?

Never believe what you are told about anything and you will have a better understanding of everything.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

They are trying to escape the return of the Angels... People just don't realize what an angel actually is. It's going to be horrific, a plasmic hurricane, tornado with a disembodied eye. They are not as christians,catholics etc claim. They are enormous amounts of energy, and to stand before them would mean your ultimate demise. They are terrified, and they know they are coming. They do not speak nor understand any language of man. Best of luck

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I live in Louisville, and I haven't heard about this or seen anything. If I do, I'll let you know.
edit on 3-6-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join