It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Europe Help America In WW3? Should They?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Anti American sentiment is popular opinion more and more each day. It reminds me of history myself if you know what I mean. Funny how Americans always bring up nazi when they get scared though isnt it? We are not scared of nazi. And America did not save us from them. We all helped. Like I said,Russia won the war if you want to get down to it. Russia. Not America.

I do not recommend basing your ideology on what is popular. Perhaps a good read of history would be useful as you seem to have your facts a bit skewed. I hope there will be no war, if there is, it will be over matters more serious than nationality.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

OK...You have a low opinion of the United States and her people. But this is because we are always stuck cleaning up your messes and on occasion we make mistakes...but as far as the security and the economy of the world goes...The United States has great responsibility. So great that we deficit spend to protect World Wide trade while many of you Bitch and Moan but take advantage of the security we provide as well as the U.S. being the Worlds Largest Economy by far...how the U.S. Economy goes...so does the rest of the world.

Take China...the Chinese could have invested their money anywhere...where did they choose to invest it...in the United States as we borrowed money to keep entire world markets intact. So if the Chinese had a doubt about the Economic Future of the U.S....why would they invest here?

They invested here because they knew it was the SAFEST BET and Investment in the U.S. has Historically shown it to be a secure investment over the long run. Now for those of you who would say...China is investing in the U.S. as part of a TAKE OVER type investment...this is a VERY STUPID CONCEPT. The United States could bring China to it's knees by simply stopping it's payments...or stop all import of Chinese goods. What could China Do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! They are no match for the U.S. Military so they could not force payment...their ENTIRE ECONOMY DEPENDS on making money on the GOODS it sells to the U.S. China does not have a Global Naval Force to force or keep shipping lanes open for their growing energy needs. CHINA could do NOTHING!

The United States however has shown the ability to come out of Economic Downturns of length STRONGER THAN EVER and since the U.S. Worker is...and you can look this up...the NUMBER ONE and over all of EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD...MOST PRODUCTIVE...China likes it's bet. The Japanese were extremely surprised when Toyota was making a decision to Build Toyotas in the U.S. rather than ship them from Japan. Some Japanese who did not do their homework...made statements like...our production will suffer...U.S. Workers are lazy. Imagine their SURPRISE when their own research showed that a U.S. Worker is over 12% MORE PRODUCTIVE than a Japanese worker. Now...THE WORLDS LARGEST BUILDERS OF TOYOTAS IS THE UNITED STATES.

Right now...as I help my Family run several successful companies...we are seeing a quick paced MASSIVE TREND in Growth across the board. The U.S. Population is only 300 Million....the Chinese Population is under-reported and very close to 2 Billion. Every single time the World has come out of economic issues is because the United States has released a New Technology that changes they very way the entire world lives. Look at the History...The Assembly Line...The Telephone...The TV...The Personal Computer...The Smart Phone...Genetic Engineering...etc...and I skipped many. Right now the issue is Cheap and Green and very POWERFUL Super High Tech. Forms of Energy Generation.

There is no doubt that the U.S. Military has several forms of Ultra-High Tech. Forms of Energy Generation. It is a JOKE that we are still using the INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE! Some examples...SOLAR SYSTEMS that are not only cost effective but are game changers. Low Temp. Fusion based Energy Generation. A few others I cannot mention...A Form of Energy Generation Based of the EINSTEIN-BOSE CONDENSATE...look this one up!
And the Biggest TELL if this was a round of TEXAS HOLDEM...was the release of the Targeting and acquisition demonstration of the FEL or FREE ELECTRON LASER a Nuclear Powered version will be placed on every U.S. Carrier as well as Aegis Cruiser and DISCOVER MAGAZNE has stated a Nuclear FEL can burn a hole 1000 feet deep through SOLID STEEL in seconds. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

Anti American sentiment is popular opinion more and more each day. It reminds me of history myself if you know what I mean. Funny how Americans always bring up nazi when they get scared though isnt it? We are not scared of nazi. And America did not save us from them. We all helped. Like I said,Russia won the war if you want to get down to it. Russia. Not America.

I do not recommend basing your ideology on what is popular. Perhaps a good read of history would be useful as you seem to have your facts a bit skewed. I hope there will be no war, if there is, it will be over matters more serious than nationality.

What facts exactly?

Please share. I can back up everything I said.

Please tell. I will wait.

Since you want to patronize me without being specific I can only assume that you are scared by my logic and now trying to conmfort yourself with ignorance. And you also try to s=discredit what I say by talking down to me.
So again,where am I "skewed"? Please share.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

You seem to think that China will share power, prestige, and status with Australia if it becomes superpower, you're sadly mistaken.

China, like every other country, looks out for itself. Chinese ambitions in the China sea should give you a clue.

"Appear strong when you are weak, and weak when you are strong".- Sun Tzu

They wrote the book on warfare.

Let's see how their attitude changes when they have enough power to drop the niceties.

Also China have their own problems, over population, environmental, housing bubble, growing internal opposition etc.

If you need China to be "strong and independent"...then you're not really strong or independent.

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes, we can stand alone - That is, if we had a capable leader. One who had balls to be able to stand up to the USA and other major players. Our military is strong, our economy is strong. Our country is strong.

Firstly I am not running my country down, we do have the ability if as you said yourself " the was a strong leader at the head" sorry I didn't know we were talking what ifs & hypotheticals. I thought we were talking about now. I love my country as a descendant of Australia's first white settlers it sh*ts me when people talk of becoming Asian. We are a proud & strong people. I think we all would know as it stands right now we couldn't for very long defend of an attack from a super power. Yes we may have a strong military. But numbers really are they there? The best thing in our favor it to probably have an Allie of 2. As to who the allies are well we have different opinion s to that.
Or breed a lot quicker

edit on 2-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

OK...You have a low opinion of the United States and her people. But this is because we are always stuck cleaning up your messes

Im ot sure I can read the rest of that because your opening sentence is just plain ludicrous.

What messes exactly? While I read the rest of that nonsense.

Exactly. Be specific.

edit- waiting......what mess did you gods clean up?
edit on 2-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

You seem to think that China will share power, prestige, and status with Australia if it becomes superpower, you're sadly mistaken. China, like every other country, looks out for itself. Chinese ambitions in the China sea should give you a clue.

Likie America you mean?

Get a clue yourself. No need to be obnoxious just because you are afraid.

Who do you think you are? kissenger? Dont be so obnoxious. You are no expert and you know it. back up what you are saying if you want to be so obnoxious too.

Prove that China will be worse than the US as superpower. And I do not want to hear about Mao zedong or tiananmen Square'. I will say waco and god knows there is some other stuff the US Government has done.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

You're not a warrior, so don't worry about it. When and if it goes down It'll be dealt with. You can just sit back , observe & make threads on ATS critiquing the actions of others.

In this world you can either Lead, Follow, or GTFO of the way.

edit on 2-6-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

When a war begins that I believe in I will enlist. Until then I will not.

That does not mean you are harder than me my friend. I am sick of military guys like you implying you are harder than the rest of us because you are militery.

If you joined then I respect your reasons but you are not harder than me. Please do not insult me.

I know from mates that the Australian Military brainwashes the young guys into thinking that they are above a civillian. I get the impression it must be the same wjere you were trained.

Please dont insult people. I am as hard as the next person. My country has never been threatened. I am not anti-war but anti-unjust war.

There is no need to be so arrogant and rude.

the thrust of my thread is that we should not all live in fear like a pathetic gaul. If you are scred,thats up to you. Be afraid. that is fine. I am not afraid of a world that does not have America at the top. I look forward to it in fact.

Dont be so very afraid, There is no need my friend.

You've got a big chip on your shoulder bud. As far as "Fear" the only fear in life I have is something happening to my family when I'm not around to protect them. Other than that, I'm Good 2 Go. I have no reason to compare myself with you, or think that I'm "Harder" than you. It's irrelevant. I'm simply stating that you have no need to worry about if Europe will help us in the hypothetical war with China that you've invented in your head because you won't be involved in it.

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong"

Here is something that resonates in me, If ever you find yourself in a situation where you'll be tested, you'd better hope it resonates in you as well.

If today is to be THE DAY, so be it.

If you seek to do battle with me this day you will receive the best that I am capable of giving.

It may not be enough, but it will be everything that I have to give

and it will be impressive for I have constantly prepared myself for this day.

I have trained, drilled and rehearsed my actions so that I might have the best chance of defeating you.

I have kept myself in peak physical condition, schooled myself in the martial skills

and have become proficient in the application of combat tactics.

You may defeat me, but you will pay a severe price and will be lucky to escape with your life.

You may kill me, but I am willing to die if necessary.

I do not fear Death, for I have been close enough to it on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me.

But I do fear the loss of my Honor and would rather die fighting than to have it said that I was without Courage.

So I WILL FIGHT YOU, no matter how insurmountable it may seem, and to the death if need be,

in order that it may never be said of me that I was not a Warrior.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected

Firstly I am not running my country down, we do have the ability if as you said yourself " the was a strong leader at the head" sorry I didn't know we were talking what ifs & hypotheticals. I thought we were talking about now. I love my country as a descendant of Australia's first white settlers it sh*ts me when people talk of becoming Asian.

Germanicus isn't exactly stating that we should become Asian, only increase our relationships with them.

We are a proud & strong people. I think we all would know as it stands right now we couldn't for very long defend of an attack from a super power.

We defended ourselves against Japan who was a super power in WW2, or did you forget that? Our situation back then is similar to our current one...

Yes we may have a strong military. But numbers really are they there?

We were vastly outnumbered in WW2, yet repelled the attacks of the Japanese from our doorstep. We were vastly outnumbered yet repelled the Nazi forces.

The best thing in our favor it to probably have an Allie of 2. As to who the allies are well we have different opinion s to that.

Being neutral and helping everyone should be the way to go. That way, we won't make any enemies.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Everything is funny, until you're being shot at.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Where are you from and why do you think you owe America a damn thing?
None of us owe America anything. They have had their time in the sun. And they wasted it. The future is in the East.

I'm from Germany.
We owe to the allied forces (including the U.S.) because they freed our nation from the yoke of Nazi and Communist totalitarianism.
My family quite frankly owe them their lifes because they were politically persecuted during the NS regime.
We were only able to develop the excellent political system we have today because of them.
Other european nations owe them even more for the same reasons IMO.
edit on 2-6-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm no fan of the US government far from it. That's 1

I ain't afraid of no one, Chinese soldiers have 2 hands, 2 legs and 2 balls just like everyone else. That's 2.

A superpower doesn't have to share anything with anyone. The US is far from perfect but with the firepower they have they could be doing a lot more damage and a lot more bullying, they aren't, so there.

With the population they have, what makes you think they aren't going to take everything for themselves once they have the power? Again look to the south China sea dispute. That's 3.

Insult me all you want, you lost the debate the second you did.

Adios

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

i was laughing at your list. No hard feelings mate.

I would imagine that it would not be funny while being shot at.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

It's obvious you hate Americans by your threads

"Deny Ignorance - A term which Americans find hard to understand"

"The "Anti-American" and moderating Situation."

"America and Britain screwed Australia and its bid for Nuclear Weapons! (video)"

"I am sick off all your arrogance! Particularly of the Americans."

"Medal of Honour: Warfighter - Finally some recognition to SF which aren't American!"

"Most Americans Are Ignorant To Other Cultures. AND I'M SICK OFF IT!"

"US Government blocked my ATS Thread!!!"

"US planned to fire missile at Australia, secret Cabinet papers from 1980s reveal"

"Proof That The Average American is ignorant to World and National events!"

And My Personal Favorite....

"Assassin's Creed 3 Set In The American Revolution - NOOOOOOOO"

Thou doth protest too much methinks

I'm just sayin' , Are you a Closet American?... I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing.

edit on 2-6-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Very Well,
Disregard my previous post.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
A superpower doesn't have to share anything with anyone. The US is far from perfect but with the firepower they have they could be doing a lot more damage and a lot more bullying, they aren't....

I don't have a dog in this fight and I avoid these types of threads like the plaque but, you've pointed out a very real and obvious fact that many simply choose to ignore.

Semper Fi

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It's obvious you hate Americans by your threads

What sparked your sudden interest in me? The fact that i was laughing at your list.

"Deny Ignorance - A term which Americans find hard to understand"

A thread about ignorance/arrogance of some American ATS Members - also foreign ones

"The "Anti-American" and moderating Situation."

Not so much about America, just the fact that the moderators ignore the fact that most of the Americans cry anti-American on everything when they don't have a comeback. I wanted the moderators to know that they should monitor it better, considering they monitor everything else.

"America and Britain screwed Australia and its bid for Nuclear Weapons! (video)"

Not hating on the USA, just a documentary i watched which goes into the fact that Australia was treated the same as the USSR and was not given and information

"I am sick off all your arrogance! Particularly of the Americans."

Title speaks for itself - around the time when everyone as being arrogant over Iran

"Medal of Honour: Warfighter - Finally some recognition to SF which aren't American!"

I was happy that a game finally includes Aussie special Forces, is that something to be offended about?

"Most Americans Are Ignorant To Other Cultures. AND I'M SICK OFF IT!"

After the Quran burning and pissing on dead bodies incidents. Thread was created due to massive ignorance of middle eastern culture

"US Government blocked my ATS Thread!!!"

There many threads like that on that specific day, considering it was about the awareness ad for those bills (ACTA?PIPA etc)

"US planned to fire missile at Australia, secret Cabinet papers from 1980s reveal"

Fact

"Proof That The Average American is ignorant to World and National events!"

A video i found

And My Personal Favorite....

"Assassin's Creed 3 Set In The American Revolution - NOOOOOOOO"

The American Revolution is not a very good location to set the AC series in, as there aren't any tall buildings to run around on, which was what the series became famous for. I would have preferred France or and Asian setting.

edit on 2-6-2012 by daaskapital because: quote

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Very Well,
Disregard my previous post.

Too late

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

S*** Happens

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join