It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gun down man for legally carrying firearm... WND

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
We are aware this was back in July 2010? I thought it was a different case, until I went to the link.

His family filed a civil rights suit in oct 2010

Erik Scott family files federal civil rights suit in Costco shooting

But it appears it was dropped.
edit on 1-6-2012 by shaolin_dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the store has every right to set the rules in their store. They are allowed to ban weapons.

This however in any way does not give permission to shoot someone... Especially when they are leaving showing respect for the rules in place.

The american population has become like cattle. In some muslim country there would be mass protest, vandalism and riots after an innocent man has been brutally assassinated by the cops. But here, the ignorant don't even hear this in the news and continue with their lives like nothing happened, just waiting for their turn to face the same fate.

It is time the american people say enough is enough. 40 million firearms is no use if you let them take you down one by one.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Edit to add:

Zero tolerance starts with US. .... NOT them!

Wishy washy spineless cowards that scream injustice and then turn around and patronize the criminals.

Draw the line. State your position. Stand your ground. Zero tolerance works both ways.

In all ways.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Why the hell does anyone need a gun inside of Costco?

Irrational fear on the part of the gun owner is what caused this whole mess. Leave your gun at home, cowboy.

The reason why he carried a gun anywhere is that when seconds matter, the police are only a few minutes away - maybe you will find this out one day when your gun is at home, cowboy....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN TO GO SHOPPING AT COSTCO????

Plus...he brought a gun into a privately owned store that had a policy against people bringing in firearms.

Of course ATS people are going to freak out because there are so many gun lovers here....but this man died becuase he made some stupid decisions...beginning with bringing a gun into COSTCO and then refusing to leave when they asked him to.

Note to any gun lovers...you don't need a freaking gun to go grocery shopping...for christs sake.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN TO GO SHOPPING AT COSTCO????

Plus...he brought a gun into a privately owned store that had a policy against people bringing in firearms.

Of course ATS people are going to freak out because there are so many gun lovers here....but this man died becuase he made some stupid decisions...beginning with bringing a gun into COSTCO and then refusing to leave when they asked him to.

Note to any gun lovers...you don't need a freaking gun to go grocery shopping...for christs sake.

Exactly my point. People here will pin blame on everyone except the idiot who caused the problem in the first place.

Gun owners are the most insecure wastes of "freedom". I will celebrate the day guns become outlawed.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Until some idiot tries to rob you when you leave a store doubt the guy will give you time to use a cell phone to dial 9-11 of course some really harsh language might stop the mugging.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
I think this is a total violation of the guys rights and the police officer and store personnel should charged
with murder.

Pure and simple murder!!

Disgusting!!! The police in the US are so poorly trained and very uneducated, its a joke!!

That funny I remember you saying you don't care about other human
You only care about animal what change your mind on ever thread

edit on 2-6-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Seems like the sickos
really are out for blood,
it was a revenge attack
for treyvon martins death.
edit on 2-6-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I suppose like with Trayvon, we should wait for all the facts, no?

This article does seem quite biased.

Well, the shooting happened 2 years ago, and his parents have dropped their federal wrongful death lawsuit against the Metropolitan Police Department, Sheriff Douglas Gillespie and the three shooters

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Im outraged at this......this man lost his life and this destroyed his family.....

If this is the way the police are going to conduct themselves......they have a right to be afraid......

It wont be long and the PEOPLE will be afraid of the police and will start striking first......

I dont think all LEOs are bad.......but they better get this under control, because the America People are being pushed to the edge........

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Irrational fear on the part of the gun owner is what caused this whole mess. Leave your gun at home, cowboy.

He was probably worried about heavy-handed trigger-happy police officers.

edit on 6/2/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What do you mean why do you need a gun in Costco?

Read the article. Because some idiot cop might come and decide to pump a few rounds into you. Do you think because you're inside a Costco a cop won't shoot you? Obviously not.
edit on 2-6-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Never EVER trust WND for news.

Police Capt. Patrick Neville said Costco security personnel called police at 12:47 p.m. after the man began destroying merchandise in the store. After the call, store security noticed the man had a gun and began to evacuate the business, Neville said.

www.lasvegassun.com...

I'm sorry, why exactly do you need to be armed at a Costco again? Please, someone explain to me the need to have a gun in a store.

The officers who fired will be placed on paid administrative leave during an investigation, which is standard procedure in officer-involved shootings.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I'm sorry, why exactly do you need to be armed at a Costco again? Please, someone explain to me the need to have a gun in a store.

A person may choose to have a legally permitted gun while shopping at Costco because:

...Drums....

CRIME HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

One time, someone tried to mug me. Unfortunately, I did not have a gun on me at the time. Fortunately, I had a knife. Guess who didn't get robbed? Me, the 5'2" 110lb girl.

Edit: I forgot to add the most important part, I was coming out of a Target! So could have easily been Costco or any place else.

Why? Because I had a weapon and I backed the guy off. So who would you rather be? The scared twerp who just got mugged, possibly assaulted, possibly killed, or the chick who just ran off a mugger a foot taller than her? I'd rather be me.

Defending your person is a human right.

Edited: Ugh, I forgot to say, I was almost mugged while walking out of a Target at night. Could have easily been a Costco!
edit on 6/2/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
On top of it all, unless Costco pays the cop's salary, why the heck should the Nevada taxpayers have to pay to have cops standing guard in private businesses like that? (unless he's a security guard - in which case he's a murderer).

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
it was a revenge attack

So 2 years ago someone knew Treyvon Martin would die....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I was in a Guitar Center one day, looking at all the cool stuff, and I noticed a guy carrying a handgun on his side, in a holster. He didn't have any identification at all. Just a guy in regular guy clothing with a gun on his side. He wasn't in a suit, didn't have any ''police'' looking accesories, and he was just checking out the guitars. There were 12-year old kids trying out guitars and moms waiting patiently as their kids were looking at the drums and nobody gave the gun carrying guy a second thought. I guess in some areas people are ignorant. In my city we know the deal. Now you may wonder what we would do if he started shooting.... and you would need to grow up.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

CRIME HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

Yes, literally everywhere. I can't believe how much crime happens. It's like we live in a society of criminals. My god, there are times when I'm mugged 15 times on my way to the elevator, and don't get me started how often I get shot at in the grocery store, those places are freaking death traps! Grannies are serious about their melons!

One time, someone tried to mug me. Unfortunately, I did not have a gun on me at the time. Fortunately, I had a knife. Guess who didn't get robbed? Me, the 5'2" 110lb girl.

Did you just bring a knife to a gun topic?

Defending your person is a human right.

Indeed it is. I wonder, what sort of criminal was this man expecting at the Costco?

Let us not forget the little tidbit that the WND article conveniently left out in order to put their spin on the story. The man was allegedly destroying merchandise in the store. So, was the inventory trying to rob him? Is that why he was packing heat to pick up groceries?

Man: Honey, I'm gonna go to Costco, have you seen my 45? Those damn roman noodles will get ya if your not careful.

Wife: Sweety, make sure you take a second gun, you know the dairy aisle is Cripp territory now!

I mean seriously, what, is he gonna put a cap in the cashiers ass?

"You WILL take this competitors coupon for 25 cents off this MAYO!"

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Seems like the sickos
really are out for blood,
it was a revenge attack

derp
edit on 2-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join