It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compiled List of People-Eating-People Events

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble , but I can't see the point of the thread . People bite people all the time , especially kids . There is nothing sinister in it .

Your title implies Cannibalism , so is totally misleading.
Some people really are short of something to do , I suppose .

DP

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

I respect your opinion. But I will say that there is nothing normal about the Miami incident, Or the Maryland incident- heck the majority of them aren't really that normal- for instance the 11 year old child (which you stated is 'normal') overpowered an adult to such an extent that she had multiple bruises, cuts, and several bite marks and was 'bloodied'.

What's normal about that?

I think that if you had a more open mind and this was less tied to a "zombie" theory perhaps you could see what I am trying to get across.

It's not normal.
edit on 2-6-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

While I admit that the instances you gave are not normal behaviour . Biting , while being antisocial , Is a natural human means of attack/defence . It is inbred and totally normal .

You cannot pidgeon hole every incident , because then you are inferring a link between them all .

DP

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The lawyer in me wants to continue stating my arguments, but I digress.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It was not my intention to rile you . Only to give another side to the incidents and maybe debate a little .

You have put a lot of hard work into your thread and I hope to see more from you in the future . I may not always see eye to eye with most people , but I always know when to behave like a gentleman .

Good luck .

DP

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ah, it's just my genes. Way too many lawyers in the family

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Anything new happen at all?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thank you for keeping an eye on the subject!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

do you realize that if there were Zombies how with no blood pumping to muscle tissue or to brain matter would thyey be able to function?
Dead is dead.
There are allot of crazies out there on some really wierd drugs. Or maybe it is being a action of Fear.
Fear does rule.
Plus, after watching man destroy man for over 57 years and being a student of History I know Man and Man hates man.
Go to a Bar and have a few Beer's.
Hang with your friends and smke some Pot.
In the Bar someone insults you. What happens? The Beast in Man comes roaring forth.
Now say someone who is high say's something offensive, What Happens? Nothing really cuse most people who are High don't get angry and become the Beast.
If someone is eating someone it is either a sickness or just outright crazy.
Zombie's can't possibly be they are corpse's.
Plus you got me wrong I am very sarcastic. Did you ever realize some peole aren't degative just sarcastic.
Though people who follow along as sheep are Zombie in doing so mentally weak individuals.
Oh and I got a great life darl'in. Even a great wife and grandkid's. Your in Jersey how great could that be and I should know I went to Bergen Tech and lived there for 16 yrs growing up.
Jersey is the Chemical State and attitude State. You even have sign on the Turnpike for aggressive drivers call this niumber. How bad is that. Where there is a school for you to learn to drive aggressively Ha Ha.
Peace is in the Mountains were everyone knows your name and everyone pack's a gun on their hip legally. We ain't got no crime in my town honey and no Zombies either.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RefereeWhat

Who said "Zombies"??!? If you read the title of the thread or the OP it does not mention the term "zombies" This thread is great aside from the select few, like you, that keep bringing up "zombies".

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

The latest updated list is on page 16 I believe, if not the page before

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

I find it very interesting so it's not a problem
I'm more thankful that this thread didn't lose it's substance through negative comments, etc. It's a pleasant surprise to see everyone really trying to be helpful and work towards keeping track of these events.

I consider myself lucky to have you all as an audience

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel

The lawyer in me wants to continue stating my arguments, but I digress.

Can you also make a lawyer-eating-people thread?

Or better yet, how about a zombies-eating-lawyer thread? I would S&F that one!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RefereeWhat

This thread is NOT really about zombie.

In it I have looked/researched these theories/angles:
Human Rabies
Bath Salts & Hallucinogens
Lab Engineering
Viruses
"Zombie-like" Disesases
Putin's Zombie Gun.

That's 2 to 4- and under my basic understanding of math.. that's not mostly about zombies.

Also, I feel obligated to mention that I DON'T mean "the living dead" or anything you've seen in the movies and on TV. I simply mean a virus affecting the LIVING that makes them seem like zombies.

Perhaps you should read through the thread, I think you're opinion would change.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by advonjones

Thank you! It's nice when someone has your back

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
is this unusual or a media frenzy ?

how many cannibal events per year worldwide ?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
is this unusual or a media frenzy ?

how many cannibal events per year worldwide ?

I don't really know to be honest but I will look into cannibalism statistics, thank you for the idea!

I will say that while researching there were a lot of events that came up that didn't fit the time frame, so I'm sure it's a lot more common then the media wants you to know, but I will also say that I didn't see events happen everyday for a week ( which it did here) but like I said I haven't really researched it yet so I will let you know.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Cannibalism

One of the most famous commentators and critics, has concluded, "I have been unable to uncover adequate documentation of cannibalism as a custom in any form for any society. . . . The idea of the 'other' as cannibals, rather than the act, is the universal phenomenon" (Arens 1979, p. 139).

Encyclopedia Cannibalism

DISEASE CAUSED BY EATING HUMAN FLESH

Kuru causes physiological as well as neurological effects that ultimately lead to death. It was endemic among the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea and was confined to the Fore population and those nearby populations with whom they intermarried. It is characterized by truncal ataxia, preceded by headaches, joint pains and shaking of the limbs. Trembling is present in almost all patients with transmissible spongiform encephalopathy; Kuru is also known as "shiver".[7] The preclinical or asymptomatic phase, also called the incubation period, lasts between possibly 5 to 20 years following initial exposure. The clinical stage lasts an average of 12 months.[8] The symptoms of Kuru are broken down into three specific stages. The first, ambulant stage, exhibits unsteady stance and gait, decreased muscle control, tremors, deterioration of speech and dysarthria (slurred speech). In the second stage, sedentary stage, the patient is incapable of walking without support, suffers ataxia (loss of muscle coordination) and severe tremors. Furthermore, the victim is emotionally unstable, depressed, yet having uncontrolled sporadic laughter. Interestingly, the tendon reflexes are still normal at this point. In the final, terminal stage, the patient is incapable of sitting without support, suffers severe ataxia (no muscle coordination), is unable to speak, is incontinent (unable to restrain natural discharges/evacuations of urine or feces), has dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), is unresponsive to their surroundings, and acquires ulcerations (sores with pus and necrosis). An infected person usually dies within 3 months to 2 years after the first symptoms, often because of pneumonia or pressure sores infection

Kuru Disease

It doesn't seem to happen as often as these cases are popping up:
Cannibalism Wiki - SUB HEADING Recent Examples

It also seems more common in starvation/ritual cases then just eating people because of a psychotic episode.

I can't find any statistics on it, and actually, several article I just read stated that there aren't really any and even the once that are out (which I can't seem to find) aren't reliable because the included mostly ritualistic behaviors by tribespeople.
edit on 3-6-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Apparently people meat tastes like Pork, no wonder the cases are on the rise

Source

I was watching River Monsters last night, and it was about these fish that were biting off guy’s penises and balls. Naturally I couldn’t look away. When they figured out what fish was doing it, it was called a pacu, a native fish from the amazon that is a vegetarian it was brought over to papua new guinea, where it turned into a carnavoir that attacks everything from ducks to alligators. And it has human like teeth…. wtf. On a side note- When Jeremy Wade was looking for bait he figured he better use something that tasted like HUMAN FLESH. And since he was in papua new guinea, he figured he could ask the cannibals what tastes most like human meat. Apparently it’s pork.

Btw, I saw the episode where this is said to him... I was like wtf

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this and I haven't really tried touched on it but I would like to state this just to ease minds and create my own "statistic".

I will say that there are 7,000,000,000 people on this earth.

We have MAYBE 10-15 confirmed cases of people being actually eaten..

In the end it doesn't seem like much does it?

But I still feel this issue is worth keeping track of and theorizing about.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join