It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

So gay people are intolerant for being intolerant about intolerance and should just embrace the hatred against them? Is that what im hearing?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You say we are living in America, but oh god forbid that a bunch of people who like the same sex get marriage rights and rights that heterosexual people can recieve. god forbid that they love each other enough to have a relationship that is like any other heterosexual couple.

While yes, HIV and AIDS is spread commonly amongst Gay people, it's, get this, because their sexual intercourse bleeds a bit. And all of it could be prevented if they used protection. However, that is a choice. If the sexual partner has told the partner that they had HIV and AIDS, what's the problem? Again, I say before, It's not all Homosexual couples.

Now, if they did not tell their partners that they have AIDS, that falls completely upon them, and the person can take legal action against them. Not all people from the GLBT community has AIDS, or wants to spread it. In fact, the GLBT community has many programs that help with AIDS protection and treatment, so technically your point is moot.

You're acting as if we're not doing anything about it. You tell me to put on your big boy pants? Well why don't you actually learn about the topic you're trying to discuss first.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

See, your error is mistaking these people as Christians. Just calling yourself a Christian does not make you one.There are none left my good friend.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I do hope that none of this came as negative or judgemental in any way, just trying to describe my thought processes.

I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your level-headed and truly Christian attitudes. After reading several of your posts in this thread, you are what all the other bigoted "pretend Christians" should aspire to be.

You state that you have disowned the label "Christian" and in a way I commend you taking that stance. I can't begin to comprehend how uncomfortable it must be for you having to read all the crap other so-called Christians write in representation of your religious beliefs. It's like the Taliban claiming Islam for themselves and tainting all Muslims in the process.

Well done to you, you have my best wishes and my appreciation for being a truly moral person, unlike the many right-wing crazies we have here dragging your religious beliefs into embarrassment.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I don't know where I was 'Stereotyping'. I wasn't trying to be racist in any way, I was stating a fact. In African Cultures and tribes, as well as other areas, Chimpanzee and monkey is what may be available. Chimpanzees have had a virus called HIV-1. It goes by other names, but it is believed that the eating of raw monkey flesh was the reason it spread and developed into a human form of the virus.

It's not racism. In no way, shape, or form am I insulting the Africans or African Americans. I am simply stating a fact in which has been proven to be a possible cause for the reason of AIDS and HIV. Being that Chimpanzees and other monkeys are a source of food for many people in other cultures, it's only natural that eating raw flesh of an animal so similar would produce diseases that humans can contract.

Just because I mentioned Africans doesn't make the statement automatically racist.

In fact, if you would wish to actually read about the issue, It can be found here.

HIV Originated in Monkeys
edit on 31-5-2012 by Randomacity because: Site Addition

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anyone can cherry pick a radical group and then lump in "all", as in this case, Christians.
Most Christians I know, tolerate the gay community, but do not accept their views as in accordance with the Bible.
Most people I know do not accept adultery either. Each person is responsible for their own actions when they meet their maker.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by grey580

You see it as intolerance and hate... they see it as regurgitating God's word. I'm not defending what they said, because it is deplorable, but I will defend their right to say it.

And they don't know Jesus at all!

It was one of the worst displays of human ignorance I've ever seen, occuring right in the USA, but you're right that they almost can't be blamed because in the good 'ol Bible belt, it's all they know, but the CHEERS at the little kid saying this, oh dear Lord have mercy on THEM!

Very very sad..

I know, I'm back posting on a thread I accused others of wasting away a day of their lives on, but I just wanted to make darn sure that the membere here at ATS and the many readers understand, clearly, that this isn't really Christianity, but something that I call Churchianity instead and the worst part of it.

As a Christian, it makes me weep the more I think out it. The video is horrific actually, at the most fundamental level imaginable.

"But WHO UNTO THOSE who would lead these little one's astray, better that a millstone be placed around their neck and they be drown in the sea!"
~ Jesus (and he probably meant it!)

I fear for those people. Worse off by far than any atheist really (just kidding atheist friends), because they are doing it in the name of the Lord, and he just can't join them in it, so they're on their own with those shouts and cheers and neither he (in spirit of love) nor we are laughing.

Send them that statement, or maybe I will myself.

How would you reach this church by email?

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 31-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

So because gay people have the audacity to be gay and not be ashamed means that others are justified in hating them and teaching children to hate them?

There's a difference between a gay pride parade, which has nothing to do with hating anyone, and displaying hatred and intolerance for people who are gay. You don't see gay people with signs that say "god hates heteros" and chanting about how all heteros are going to hell, do you?

The two simply do not equate. In fact, your comment implies that you think being gay is offensive in and of itself and deserves hatred in return as if its only fair.

Exactly what I am saying. Put on your big boy pants and join the rest of America because we all have a right to our opinions.

I find aspects of the homosexual lifestyle very offensive. The total lack of responsibility in certain segments of the homosexual community can literally be called pure hate and evil perpetrated against their fellow man. I would say hands down that is worse than this video. Somehow and by some failed logic the radical, rabid homosexuals here think this kid needs to be taken away and the parents jailed for singing a song!

Its a really sick twisted, warped sense of reality if this is what really offends homosexuals. In light of what homosexuals are doing to each other, this video is the least of their worries,.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
This was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own CHURCH not on the street.

Gays should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!! All we hear is gay rights this, gives us new laws etc.....

10 stars for this vid!!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

how has this post got so many stars?

I think that both posts bring up legitimate arguments, but the one which reigns supreme is that you should NOT be brainwashing a 4 year old into homophobic idealism, he should be allowed to reach that conclusion on his own at an appropriate age.

He wouldn't even know what a 'homo' is, it's so obvious that his parents put him up to this just to get a laugh from the crowd.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Back in the days gays was a bad thing and not legal, now gays ok, then what's next? Bestiality maybe one day be accepted and people will be used to people falling in love and marrying their own pets. I wonder where this world is going...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OH and BTW I hear the pastor is hiding and he and members of his congregation are getting death threats,

GOOD! They are experiencing the terrorism they were spreading. Kharma can be a good thing.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

That post got a lot of stars?

That's almost as sad.

They need correction, in Christ. And compassion and our mercy.

That's a church most definitely on their knees at the foot of the cross, but maybe while they were laughing, Jesus already walked away, to get as far away as possible, so as to laugh again at all the right things.

A terrible spiritual predicament those people have placed themselves in, imho as a loving Christian believer.

This is not the body of Christ.

The body of Christ is love, and he is for our enjoyment, but we never laugh at our fellow man in such a way, and give in to hatred, that's not what we Christians are about.

The gay issue has become irrelevant, when what's at issue is human ignorance and bigotry, running RAMPANT throughout the United States of American Christendom, which is like a political party unto itself, yet all at odds all over the place in regards to the love of Christ, who said that we must treat others as we would have them treat us, and this is no way to treat people, and no way to throw down stumbling blocks before God's children, it is a disgrace, and deeply wounding to the spirit of Christ, to see, through me. That's all I have to say. As a christian, unfortunately (you're lucky for not being a believer to have to experience such sorrow) I am brought to tears weeping over this..

But I'm happy in a way to be able to do that - thank you Lord and heavenly father and please have mercy on us all. There's just so much ignorance, on all sides, even by those who would use such things as this to hurt your loved ones. We all weep over this kind of thing, no matter what our "belief", but it's particularly sorrowful for those who would have the courage to follow you and recognize your love, and through you, the father's love, for us all. Amen.

edit on 31-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
The OP is soooo wrong - kids naturally hate gay kids. I hated gay kids when I was old enough to know what a gay kid was, my parents never taught me. Children are unfiltered and often unrestrained emotion. Restraint and tolerance are not natural instincts they are leaned. People need to get off the people are not really thinking feeling emotional animals trip because we are, evolution or god doesn't matter that's naturally who we are.

But that's also the point of growing up, I don't hate gay kids any more though the prissy Richard Simmons type still doesn't sit well with me. That's there life I choose not to be around it even while supporting there right to be that way.
edit on 31-5-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

No, you didn't naturally hate them, you hated them because society, mostly your parents and family, taught you to hate them. Children, including you, are not born knowing how to hate, hate is learned. There is nothing instinctive about it, it's outright learned hatred.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OH and BTW I hear the pastor is hiding and he and members of his congregation are getting death threats,

GOOD! They are experiencing the terrorism they were spreading. Kharma can be a good thing.

A child sings a song about gays not going to heaven and get death threats over it? Who is intolerant of who?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yurimaster
Back in the days gays was a bad thing and not legal, now gays ok, then what's next? Bestiality maybe one day be accepted and people will be used to people falling in love and marrying their own pets. I wonder where this world is going...

That's how I feel about religion... if we start letting people having freedom of religion, what's next? People are going to start worshiping human feces and rubbing it on their faces? And then what? We have to teach kids that it's okay to worship feces? What if Satanism becomes the mainstream, does that mean my kid is going to have to pray to Satan in school? I mean there really is no line... Once you allow any sort of freedom of religion, it's a slippery slope to feces worship and satanism.
edit on 31-5-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masamune69

clear child abuse, those children should be removed from that home. When he becomes a teenager and gets his first boyfriend, his parents may beat him to death, we'll go ahead and stop them now before it's too late.

So we are taking peoples kids away and putting them in foster care because we dont share thier beliefs - is that where we are at now ?

You better climb down off that high horse my friend - the air must be pretty thin up there .

No, we're talking about taking innocent children away from hatemongering cultists who will probably abuse them, teach them hatred, encourage them to be violent toward others and raise the next psychotic serial killer. Big difference.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

A little paranoia couldn't hurt that congregation though..

May the spirit of the love of Christ both convict them and redeem them.

And as for the rest - that's just the detonation of ignorance moving outwardly and reaching critical mass in the latent potential for further ignorance by others in return, who opt directly for hate and they those cynics of hate infest the Internet like pondscum, they are even worse, because these people, this congregation might, just MIGHT have an epiphany some day because of this event, and ask for forgiveness whereas the active and vigorous haters of all people in any way "religious" they've made up their minds and have hardened their hearts, so from them I ask for nothing more than open mindedness and willingness to see and recognize the value many enjoy from having a heartfelt relationship with the living God through Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
That is about the worst thing I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot. What are these idiots thinking here? Christians of ATS, gonna just sit there and let this BS happen? You say your God is a loving god, and all I see here is hate. Get your church to contact these minions and stop brainwashing little kids! Don't you KNOW when you teach little kid to HATE, he or she grows up and hates even more? Gay soldiers fought and died so these kids have the freedom to even go to church, this is how they are repaid?

48 stars comment eh? Do you guys really think these two entities you speak of serve the same God? Deny Ignorance... or whatever.
edit on 31-5-2012 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What's gonna be really, really funny is if this 4 year old grows up gay.

This video will haunt him the rest of his life.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join