It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian diplomats around the world expelled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

PARIS (AP) — Governments around the world expelled Syrian ambassadors and diplomats Tuesday, an unusual, coordinated blow to Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime following a gruesome massacre that the United Nations said involved close-range shootings of scores of children and parents in their homes.

The United States, Britain, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands took action Tuesday against Syrian diplomats. Britain's foreign secretary said the countries involved in Tuesday's expulsions would also push for tougher sanctions against Syria.

Syrian diplomats around the world expelled

I think there will be "coalition" forces in Syria by July. I also don't think it will end well because Iran is sure to help Syria out, and Russia may also help Syria. If Iran does help Syria out, I'm sure TPTB will exaggerate any Iranian involvement in Syria as an excuse to attack Iran. I guess we will see soon if this is just part of sanctions, or preperation for ground troops in Syria.

What do you think about this?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think that if we are not all killed we will be watching a doco about this time in history on the Chinese History channel in chinese in 20 years.

At what stage do China and Russia make a stand? I think we are seeing the start of WW3 right now. Like you say, Iran is next. When will China and Russia step in? Soon or never is my opinion.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I completely agree. We are on the brink of some serious "change" in the world, and not for the better. I too think WWIII is right around the corner. It will be a serious wake up call for all the people who are not prepared mentally for such a thing to happen in this day and age. I wouldn't know what to expect, but it seems that the majority of the populous is just blind to what is going on in the world and what affect another World War would have on everyone.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

For sure they are blind. Even here on ATS. I dont think most people want to see it. They shut their eyes and cover their ears. Like why arent people flagging the hell out of this?

bump

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

BEIRUT (AP) — The U.N.'s human rights office said Tuesday that most of the 108 victims of a massacre in Syria last week were shot at close range, some of them women, children and entire families gunned down in their own homes.

Most of the 108 dead in Syria were executed-U.N.

Yep, looks like the MSM will be flooding the media even more with Syria horror stories so TPTB can justify an invasion. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long for them to want to step in.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No war. Not this year. Syria could make potty on the White House lawn and Obama would not make war.

It's an election year.

Oh, the war drums will sound, the politicians will froth at the mouth, pundits will rend their clothes and gnash their teeth in anguish. . . . . . . . .

But no war. Obama wants to get re-elected. He would suffer the lives of thousands, if it would gain him another 4 years.

Just my humble opinion. . . . . . .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

No war. Not this year. Syria could make potty on the White House lawn and Obama would not make war.

It's an election year.

Oh, the war drums will sound, the politicians will froth at the mouth, pundits will rend their clothes and gnash their teeth in anguish. . . . . . . . .

But no war. Obama wants to get re-elected. He would suffer the lives of thousands, if it would gain him another 4 years.

Just my humble opinion. . . . . . .

-

Thats a good point. War does seem to have bi-partisan support in the US though. It could help him. Give him a bump. The republicans are forced to say nice things about Obama when he is in favour of military action. It will be an interesting next few months anyway.
It would be alot to be happening in an election year though.I agree. Obama may also decide he cant win so instead he may start WW3 and declare martial law
It all seems to be getting closer to coming to a head anyway.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Syria's military figures who are responsible for human rights abuses may be banned from visiting the UK during the Olympics, the country's Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said on Sunday, BBC News reported.

Syria may be banned from 2012 olympics

Just thought I would share another article that just came up

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

We've spent the last decade fighting. I, for one, am bloody well sick of it. I don't speak for the American public, but Assad could be shooting tiny baby kittens and unicorns and it wouldn't raise the collective ire long enough to gain consensus.

Obama won the "Peace Prize", remember?

Wonder what the opposite would be?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

BEIRUT: Syria’s opposition plans to secure the regime’s chemical weapons stock as soon as President Bashar Assad falls, according to an Israeli newspaper.

Syrian Chemical Weapons

Taking a page from the Bush/Cheney playbook.....DUBYAEMDEES!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If anyone had any interest in going into Syria they would have done so long ago. Nobody wants to so it is not going to happen. It is very easy to read the political mood of the West but, for some reason ATS seems to think everything is WW3. The Russians have now condemed Assad so somewhere along the way the West might get some santions in and maybe consider arming the rebels. However all that would take much more political will than the US and the West has shown in dealing with the situation so far.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Syria claimed to have the mandate to rule, a responsibility it had undertaken in the face of the world.

Yet, after 14months, the death toll rises daily,more amongst whom were innocent women and children. Syria is not at war, nor had declared war on any other state.

The Regime is fully ACCOUNTABLE for those deaths, regardless how it happened.

Civil murders are comprehensible, for crime had not been eradicated in any nation. However, such cases of criminal murders are often isolated cases and justice is rendered swiftly.

BUT those murders currently going on in Syria ARE NOT civil murders! Those were crimes against humanity committed by the Regime itself! The first few thousands WERE UNARMED civilians, merely pleading in public enmass for their leader to succor them in their hour of need.

And what did the Regime do? BRUTALLY MURDERED them ALL with taxpayers paid bullets in full public view!.

'kill one and it's murder, kill a million and it becomes merely statistics' was a qoute by the devil USSR Stalin. Assad followed his master - Russia's advice. And subsequently, machines of death and slayings were wrought upon district after districts in Syria, a massive and systematic brutal campaign of GENOCIDE to an innocent UNARMED People day after day for months.

When loved ones are murdered before their eyes, REBELLION will only natuarally occur, but their weapons are pathetic against russian supplied SYRIAN helicopters, jets, tanks, etc.

Mythical alphabet agencies from around the world will be accused as the perpetrators by Syrian Regime bootlickers to wash away or distract the Regime's brutuality upon its own People, BUT the fact cannot be denied that the Regime itself is solely responsible for security and protection of its People, to stop such Mythical agencies from operating, if any.

And yet, the ones with the massive fire power and equipment, moving freely within the country to dish outright murders upon the innocent People is none other than the Regime itself, and had not stopped since 14 months ago. They are the security guards of the country, depended by citizens to protect them, but had turned their weapons upon their own innocent and often unarmed people, killing them by the thousands!

I can understand China's CCP gov are brutal and supports killing of unarmed innocents as they have a history of it, and Putin is a beast without even a heart, BUT How many innocent deaths will be an 'acceptable' level for the rest of humanity to continue to turn a blind eye with indifference to fellow human suffering, pain and fear daily today in Syria?

One, ten, a thousand, a million? Have we mankind lost our minds and conscience as well, if there is even such a thing as 'acceptable levels of killing own citizens' ????

The indifference to the genocide in Rwanda was a blight upon mankind's conscience, proving that conscience did not exist in us. Today, another genocide is occuring where thousands if not millions of our fellow human brothers and sisters living in fear and death within moments in Syria, pleading for our help. Will we be as indifferent as we did to Rwandans, and dare call ourselves 'civilised'?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

One, ten, a thousand, a million? Have we mankind lost our minds and conscience as well, if there is even such a thing as 'acceptable levels of killing own citizens' ????

There are reports that there have already been 9000+ killed in the last fourteen months. I don't know why it would take until now for the world to do something. I don't agree with the U.S. getting involved the way they most likely get involved (with an all out occupation), but I do agree that something needs to be done. TPTB seem to want WWIII, and seem to be willing to do anything to make that happen. If Syria is a stepping stone, then they will get what they want.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

There are reports that there have already been 9000+ killed in the last fourteen months. I don't know why it would take until now for the world to do something. I don't agree with the U.S. getting involved the way they most likely get involved (with an all out occupation), but I do agree that something needs to be done. TPTB seem to want WWIII, and seem to be willing to do anything to make that happen. If Syria is a stepping stone, then they will get what they want.

Regardless if there is gonna be WW3 or not, the fact that unarmed civilians - our fellow humans, being brutally murdered and lived in fear by the minute for the past 14months and counting. It must end now.

Do you know what it is taking so long for the world to do something?

It is because the world - us, you and me whom care are too few to make a difference. Check back even on ATS 14months back and you see a few had been voicing out in condemnation of the murders, and had been writing to their congressmen, legislatives and even protests around the world. But they are too few... Far too many ...simply...looked away.....

May we all not close our eyes now, in the hour of our fellow humans' need in Syria calling out to us - the world - to help....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Exactly. Something else will take our eyes off of this atrocity. Olympics, gas prices, another major catastrophe.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Syria is my marker, that point where I know everything that will go forth from it;

Isaiah 17:1

"The Burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

The oldest city in the known world and it has never fallen, ever! If and when it does, I know it is as it surely is written in the Living Word. Otherwise any talk on any any bible prophesy, end-times, to me is mutable until then.

Eyes on Damascus!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I know ATS will follow this closely, but I think $h*t is going to hit the fan sooner rather than later. IMO

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

United States, Britain, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands

That right there is the core of the current 'Empire', but notice how each of those countries was at one point colonial, imperialist, monarchist and at war with each other at once point or another.

They've all been annexed I think.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One step closer to war.

Remember what Wesley Clark said:

"America will take out 7 countries in 5 years" According to Former NATO supreme allied commander, former presidential candidate and 4 star US General Wesley Clark that they had received a memo that America is going to take out 7 countries in the Middle East starting with Iraq, Libya, Syria Lebanon Sudan, Somalia, and finally Iran. It is amazing how these things that were planned years ago and even though it is taking longer than originally planned, are being achieved in front of our eyes.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

If you can't see what is going on you are blind. It is all part of the plan and CNN and other News agencies are all part of the Propaganda organization to get the movement rolling.

First Iraq, Afghanistan
Then Libya, and other African nations
Then Syria, and finally
Iran

This plan is rolling, but it is talking them a bit longer than expected.
edit on 063131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 29 May 2012 18:19:50 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

en.wikipedia.org... off topic but just saying

The Siege of Damascus (634) lasted from 21 August to 19 September 634 ADb[›] before the city fell to the Rashidun Caliphate. Damascus was the first major city of the Byzantine empire to fall in the Muslim conquest of Syria.

lilomag.com...

1 ) Gaziantep, Turkey (3650 B.C.?) This is the capital city of Gaziantep Province informally known as Antep is the oldest city that’s still standing, with a history dating back to the Hittites period. During the Paleolithic age, It was continually inhabited and experiencing serious growth along with the Ottoman Empire. The stone houses and vibrant bazaars are bordered by beautiful gardens and vineyards, combining in a spectacular sight anywhere you turn.

expelling diplomats can often happen before war starts off but is not always the case so we will have to watch this situation develop a bit more and then we will have a bigger picture of what is going on as at this point is is too early to call.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join