It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by thegagefather

That's just it, they're not christians. They claim to be, but they're not.

And if they think the same about you?

That's easy, they're wrong, because I ROCK!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Christians in the Deep South are the closest thing to Neanderthals that you will ever see.

Unbelievable.

Southern Baptists are descended from the original Puritans.

So - when people talk about Christians being the foundation of America - - BEWARE!

The Deist founders knew what they were doing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Of course it's unfair journalism when you allow a person that is incapable of putting one sentence together to be the 'spokesperson' for the opposing viewpoint. It's sheer bullying, whereby the one bullied cannot even defend themselves let alone a viewpoint. I don't care if that viewpoint is the one at hand, he and his producers chose a weakling who only made their side shine like "good guys". THAT is a technique of propaganda. It is the same thing as herding people into changing their beliefs by calling them a bigot, dumb or an imbecile. Those tactics work only on those who have no higher moral truth.

It is not bullying when the interviewee demonstrates a total lack of understanding of their viewpoint. Such is the case within some interviews - the viewers are given the opportunity to witness a given approach to a controversial topic they've not really thought about; in this case, the woman obviously never thought too deeply about this subject, save for her 'feelings' on it: "Eeet'z wrohng!"

Having said that, maybe you can enlighten us with regard to how this viewpoint can be defended. You may go ahead and invoke Old Testament scripture, but again, on the pain of inconsistency with this approach, one cannot single out homosexuality as being in greater error than other abominations listed in Leviticus (e.g. cutting one's beard, eating pork). Further, if one subscribes to this line of reasoning, then s/he must concede that placing homosexuals in concentration camps is not in accord with scripture - that such a proposition is a rather light approach to the matter as homosexuals are to be stoned to death. So why not just say that and then explain how the murder of homosexuals is in accord with the commandment that states, "Thou Shalt not Kill"?

You speak of a 'high moral truth,' yet offer a very ambiguous explanation as to what that is, or from where this truth is derived. If this truth is sought from the Bible alone, then you have other problems you need to deal with, as Divine Command Theory isn't taken seriously by many Theologians or religious philosophers. Divine Command theory states that, for example, what makes the brutal rape of a woman wrong is that is was commanded by God not to do so (and nothing more). With this in mind, one has even more explaining to do. If Divine Command theory isn't your approach, then offer us insight as to how homosexual relations are morally wrong without relying on the Bible.

The fact, you can't see that another Hitler is fast preparing yet another generation of youth to support his new 'third reich' is because you are blind to it in your Godless beliefs..

You know nothing of my religious beliefs, and the fascism of the Third Reich is exactly why we take issue with this kind of sh*t being talked anywhere - singling out one demographic for extermination isn't looked upon as a benevolent approach to solving problems these days - especially in the United States. In this regard, you seem to be contradicting your position - you go on about communism and fascism arising here in the States, but the viewpoint you support is analogous to the fascism the world witnessed in the last 80 years. Please explain.

Finally, yes I do see much of western civilization as far more enlightened than these dumb people who can't even tackle just why they take such an issue with homosexuality, but nevertheless discard similar prohibitions against other behavior which is held in the same regard - the pastor himself had a clean, shaved face when he was ranting about "kissin' men."

edit on 30-5-2012 by kissy princess because: My cereal got soggy

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

Even if you think it is propaganda, these people actually exist. He is reporting on it......He interviewed one of them.

They create the divide by being hatefully bigoted, Anderson did not create that.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

reply to post by MeesterB

Isn't really surprising since you are black.

LOL

Could you be anymore of a stereotype? A southern Christian that hates gays and black people?

I am not surprised by RealSpoke's response. It is truly ironic that black people feel as though they can stereotype people as often as they wish...yet the minute we stereotype a black person, even just to bring up an example of their own hypocrisy, we are out of line racists.

Get over it man, you threw the first stone...saying its 'no surprise coming from a southern Christian' to Meester B is a stereotyping and maybe even veiled racism. You said he was a 'southern Christian'. He said you were 'black'. Both true statements. So whats the argument?

I was trying to make you see the benefit of your attack earlier

But, since you are a Christian from the south your reply really isn't surprising.

Hypocritical much? I've made my point, but you resort to attacking the messenger and ignoring my argument, so I'm done. You aren't worth the time.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ya know, it's been said that freedom is not free; you have to fight for it. Well, I think it should be the same for Freedom of Speech. If one is uneducated they shouldn't be given this right automatically. Freedom of speech has to be earned, just like everything else in life. We should all have to carry an I.Q. card that proves we've taken a test. Take the woman in the clip, for instance. If her I.Q. card showed her I.Q. to be 70, then it should be illegal for her to give an opinion in public, and it should be illegal for her to be interviewed on television.

Sorry, we can't interview you because you're stupid.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

lol

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Isn't that wrong to you though? I mean you are generalizing all Evangelicals as non-christan hate preachers and labeled that one group a problem. Bigoted?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Isn't that wrong to you though? I mean you are generalizing all Evangelicals as non-christan hate preachers and labeled that one group a problem. Bigoted?

nah, that's pretty much what they are. Some are more devoloped in their demonhood, but it's present in all of them

Some will break free, but most are doomed.... DOOMED I SAYYYYYY!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

lol, but you shun the people that generalize all Christians for being like that?

edit on 30-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I personally believe attacking someone's color is way different than their beliefs. You choose your beliefs.

Also I'm going to suggest we stop calling them gay rights and start calling them human rights, since homosexuals are humans.

Anderson Cooper is a better journalist with more credentials than 98% of the bloggers on the web who a ton of ATSers tout as gatekeepers of information.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join