It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to reach 1,144 Delegates in Texas:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
If you can't show me an official link of any kind than you are talking air. Please show me one little link that talks about your numbers. Unless they are not your made up numbers....

I have no idea why you are asking for a link. This has been posted in damn near every Ron Paul delegate count thread since it was developed. It has even been linked, in comments made directly to you in your own threads, countless times.

This whole delegate argument has been done to death and somehow you seem to have missed it. I don't believe that to be true at all. I think you are just willfully ignoring anything in opposition to your position.

Deletage Count

There is even a thread about this count under the title "REAL delegate count"

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
You have no idea what you're talking about, there could easily be a second round of voting if Romney doesn't get 1144 delegates in the first round, which I've already explained to you but you didn't reply to my post, so I'll say it again. Nobody is forced to vote, which means Romney delegates can simply not vote in the first round, so it doesn't matter how many delegates Romney has if they don't vote for him. And I know of plenty of Paul supporters that are Romney delegates so expect to see this happen. Not only can delegates abstain from voting, the law states that delegates can vote for whoever they want, and this is what happened in 2008 when a delegate was supposedly bound to his state to vote for Mccain, but chose to vote for Romney instead. This was allowed, just as the same will be allowed for Ron Paul if you apply the law consistently.
It's pretty ironic that somebody who has no idea how the process works or what the rules are, makes a thread about this.

1. I didn't respond to your post because I had already debunked that map. Finding it unverifiable and offering a different independent source that was not some random blogpost. Furthermore, I debunked the only link that it sent me to, talking about the Michigan primaries written by a bias ron paul supporter!

2. Do you know how rare a brokered convention is???

3. NO, then let me put it in perspective for you. The last time the republicans went to their convention without knowing who their nominee is was in 1976! This battle was between Reagan and Ford. Ford won the first ballot. If Reagan could have somehow gotten a second voting round, he would have won.

4. Still not getting the picture? Ok How about in 1924 during their democratic brokered convention. There was no clear front runner until the 108th ballot in 16 days!

5. States control the delegates in the rare in case of a brokered convention. So, that being the case. Each state is not going to vote for the same person. Look at in the democratic primary. Obama's main contenders are an inmate and a local attorney! In those states Ron Paul would lose in favor to an inmate or attorney! Each state votes differently. There's no rule saying they have to vote for Ron Paul. Some are pledged and bound to already to Mitt Romney, some are released after the first round, and some are released after the second. No brokered convention in history has ever made it to the second round of voting. So for the RNC's rules to be completely wiped clean, you would have to START at minimum at the third round of voting! Which I can guarantee you will never happen!

6. There is no guarantee that Ron Paul will be the nominee on the third round of voting! People like Chris Christie and Jeb Bush or Allen West will be voted in as well. There is no telling what will happen.

7. Its incredibly naive to even think Ron Paul will win if a brokered convention happens. The only way Romney will chose to release his delegates is if the party chooses somebody that is a. not the other candidates. b. somebody with his same values. The others are going to do the same. Just as Ron Paul is wary of ever endorsing republican candidates for President. He won't endorse Romney so that Romney can take his delegates. Romney wont do the same!

Its better to let it happen the normal and right way, because a brokered convention will be even more messy and more anarchy-like and more so-called corruption filled than any other election in history. Trust me, you do not want a brokered convention. It will only hurt Ron Paul's chances, if he has any left!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

If you can't show me an official link of any kind than you are talking air. Please show me one little link that talks about your numbers. Unless they are not your made up numbers....

I have no idea why you are asking for a link. This has been posted in damn near every Ron Paul delegate count thread since it was developed. It has even been linked, in comments made directly to you in your own threads, countless times.

This whole delegate argument has been done to death and somehow you seem to have missed it. I don't believe that to be true at all. I think you are just willfully ignoring anything in opposition to your position.

Deletage Count

There is even a thread about this count under the title "REAL delegate count"

I use the greenpapers which are verified. This is only verified by Ron Paul supporters. and it doesn't link to how it has received its data. I have very many simple questions about this map. That only Ron Paul supporters seem to be using...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

It used to have a full explanation above the map. I guess they pulled it down at the last update. I will try to see if I can find it.
edit on 26-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

On May 29 Mitt Romney will become the official Republican Nominee for the President of the United States!

Hold on, cowboy! That's not exactly what your link says.

www.star-telegram.com...

He should reach the threshold next week, when voters go to the polls in Texas.

Assured of the party nod...

Argue what this means to you but you know it's not official until the convention.

You are hoping for a routine and uneventful Republican convention but you have your doubts that has any certainty.

There is no guarantee that Ron Paul will be the nominee on the third round of voting! People like Chris Christie and Jeb Bush or Allen West will be voted in as well. There is no telling what will happen.

Yeah, it sounds like you're sitting on the edge of wetness.

Its better to let it happen the normal and right way, because a brokered convention will be even more messy and more anarchy-like and more so-called corruption filled than any other election in history. Trust me, you do not want a brokered convention. It will only hurt Ron Paul's chances, if he has any left!

Now you're begging!

edit on 26-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Say what you want about this thread baiting or whatever, but you can't discount the point he is making.

Am I a RP supporter? Yes.

But I also understand that he is not going to win the election, I think there was a small time frame when we did have a shot at doing something but that has long since passed.

Enthusiasm for a candidate is great, but once it reaches a certain point it just isnt healthy.

All the Paul supporters should be getting behind him to help spread a message of liberty, which is what Paul himself wants.

This claiming we are winning just feeds into the generalization of Paul supporters a crazies and doesnt help the movement at all.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Argue what this means to you but you know it's not official until the convention.
Laughable because if Romney doesn't win on the 29 he will definitely win the nomination on June 5. Nevada, California, and South Dakota, and New Jersey will be in the drawing! Once he secures all the 1,144 delegates before the convention it doesn't matter. The convention only matters if he doesn't win any delegates in the next three primaries in the last seven states. You fail there. thinking Ron Paul will take all of those delegates. Remember Romney only needs 60 delegates to win! Texas has 152 delegates up for grabs. To be legally bound. 3 soft delegates will be awarded at their convention next week. So that means. If Romney gets less than half those delegates (which its likely he will get most if not all of them) Then he will win right there. Soo let's do simple math here. 152/2 is 76. Romney needs 60 to win. End of the line!

You are hoping for a routine and uneventful Republican convention but you have your doubts that has any certainty.

You purposely mis quoted me here. I said there will be a routine republican convention. The scenario I outlined was in the 1% chance that a brokered convention does happen! Which is highly unlikely!

edit on 26-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If I thought it was a fair race, I'd have more comments.

I don't think it is a fair race, so what's the point?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindcrime30

All the Paul supporters should be getting behind him to help spread a message of liberty, which is what Paul himself wants.

This claiming we are winning just feeds into the generalization of Paul supporters a crazies and doesnt help the movement at all.

How do you propose we "should be getting behind him" and "help the movement"? Vote for Romney or Obama?? No, thanks. I doubt that would help on either count. To "help spread the message of liberty" should I tell all my friends and together we ask Romney pretty-please, or Obama?

I know, since Paul is still in the race and any alternative candidate, with the possible exception of Gary Johnson, would be counter-productive to your recommendations and personally distasteful, why not let's just stay with our candidate of choice for the distance? For me that means through the convention, to a third-party, or a write-in selection. I don't see many other options.

The OP still gives Paul 100 to 1 (1%). I'll take those odds. I am neither a corporatist, evangelical, nor authoritarian so even as a registered Republican I see no sense in backing the GOP's manufactured favorite, nor the incumbant.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What about the Tampa convention?

/ignorantcanadian

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
What about the Tampa convention?

/ignorantcanadian

This is the convention we are talking about!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

The OP still gives Paul 100 to 1 (1%). I'll take those odds. I am neither a corporatist, evangelical, nor authoritarian so even as a registered Republican I see no sense in backing the GOP's manufactured favorite, nor the incumbant.

I never said there was a 1% chance that Ron Paul will win. I said that there is a 1% chance that a third voting round will ever take place during a hypothetical scenario where we have a brokered convention. Which won't happen. So what's 1% of impossible?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
and thank goodness right?! i mean after all, we have done so well by putting these typical kinds of politicians in office, what could possibly go wrong?!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Romney has no serious competition left in the race. He has been solely focusing his attention on Obama. And in a recent speech Obama actually called Romney the candidate to beat. Those two are butting heads and Soon it will be official, with no chance of a brokered convention, like some were hoping for.

On May 29 Mitt Romney will become the official Republican Nominee for the President of the United States!

www.star-telegram.com...

Yep, I expect Romney to win in Texas by a landslide. I don't expect Ron Paul to do well in his own home state, not even his district. In the last two presidential campaigns Ron Paul ran in, he only won one small county north of the state, he can't seem to convince even his own district voters.

This once again ia all BS as Ron Paul HAS obtained almost ALL the delegates so far. The delegates votes have been flipped in favor of Romney. Minnesota was all Ron Paul but one delegate. I have a friend who IS a delegate and he is pissed that the media and the conspirators of "government" are taking and flipping the delegates votes and stances. The media is perpetrating the lies and the people are believing it. Sad country we live in. If Romney does somehow manage to win/run against Obamanation, he will lay down and let Obama win the CEO position of the corporate U.S. He IS NOT MY president, he is the head of a corporation that I am not an employee of!! Wake up folks. I really don't care who wins as I don't vote and am not a "resident" but a transient inhabitant, an American National, freeman on the land.
edit on 26-5-2012 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
edit: saw the guy who posted RP won Mass. was already corrected. Romney won MA in a landslide.
edit on 26-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As a Texan, I would like to apologize for our state to the rest of the nation. Apparently, people here would rather support the douchebag...er I mean Romney than a true man of the people Ron Paul. I for one WILL vote for Ron Paul whether his name is on the ballot or not...I'm writing it in. As for the rest of the sheeple that support Romney....shame on you. No, seriously, shame on you, and may the blood of all the victims of future American wars led by Romney should he become POTUS be on your hands.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindcrime30

Call me crazy then. Call me whatever you want. Some of us refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. Though looking at Obama and Romney, which is the lesser evil?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think the OP should read Bad Kitty for President (a nice kids book explains the primary process quite well and it's funny)
www.barnesandnoble.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Actualy go to the real gelagate count.com.If you want the real delagate count.Not the straw polls.
V

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
the paul cult still has dreams of treason !

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join