It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Amendment to Stop Armed FDA Agents From Raiding Farms Fails, 78-15

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The amendment Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) introduced yesterday to demilitarize the FDA failed in the Senate today by a vote of 78-15.

Paul's amendment would have prohibited FDA employees (as well as all other Health and Human Services employees) from carrying weapons and making arrests without warrants.

Rand Paul Amendment to Stop Armed FDA Agents From Raiding Farms Fails, 78-15

Well, great! We can continue to be terrorized, held at gunpoint, shot at, and brutalized by the departments designed to keep people safe from harm. This. Is. Spectacular!

Our government grows more and more fascist every day. And our fearless leader cheers them on! Liberty? Freedom? These are meaningless to our government.

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

And the list of people that voted it down are

BOUGHT OUT.

Every time Rand introduces a bill or amendment it just exposes the freedom killers.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree

And the list of people that voted it down are

BOUGHT OUT.

Every time Rand introduces a bill or amendment it just exposes the freedom killers.

I wanna see this list too...

I can't believe these idiots!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The amendment was tabled, which is to say "we'll leave it in limbo until it rots". Here is how the voting went (YEAs voted to table it):

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home

Grouped By Vote Position

YEAs ---78
Alexander (R-TN)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Baucus (D-MT)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Blunt (R-MO)
Brown (D-OH)
Brown (R-MA)
Burr (R-NC)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Coons (D-DE)
Corker (R-TN)
Durbin (D-IL)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Inouye (D-HI)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lugar (R-IN)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCain (R-AZ)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Moran (R-KS)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Portman (R-OH)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schumer (D-NY)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Shelby (R-AL)
Snowe (R-ME)
Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---15
Ayotte (R-NH)
Boozman (R-AR)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Lee (R-UT)
Paul (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)

Not Voting - 7
Akaka (D-HI)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Heller (R-NV)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Kirk (R-IL)
Stabenow (D-MI)
edit on 24-5-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the list.........

Tells the story I would say..........

Sorta makes you angry or it should...........

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I cannot think of one single instance, hypothetical or not, where the FDA or DHHS would EVER need a weapon let alone a full tactical raid team. WTF America? If this the country you want?

I'm seriously thinking it may be time to take out the atlas and start looking for a new home. This is BS.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Neither of those entities need weapons. They're freaking bureaucrats, for goodness sake! And the FDA's war on raw milk is completely out of line. Raiding farms for selling pure, natural products.

Freaking fascists.

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
For sure the FDA and the IRS do not need to be carrying weapons someone tell me where the logic is there?

Just more proof that Government is the master and will do anything in its power to ensure that we are the slaves.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Please note how many of those 'yeas' came from members of the "Tea Party Caucus". (Hint: Quite a few)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Please note how many of those 'yeas' came from members of the "Tea Party Caucus". (Hint: Quite a few)

en.wikipedia.org...

So? Please note that not one single Democrat voted to pass it. Was there a point buried in there somewhere, or did you just come here to spew partisanship?

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

So? Please note that not one single Democrat voted to pass it. Was there a point buried in there somewhere, or did you just come here to spew partisanship?

/TOA

Sorry, I reject the deeply partisan notion that being critical of one party implies approval of the other. My mind does not fall into such simple minded dichotomies.

My point was that not even the members of the Tea Party Caucus would support Paul in this, even though they campaigned for office specifically saying they would oppose this sort of thing.

The Dems routinely vote for more Big Gov. But the Tea Prty? I thought they were there to protect us from that?

Or are you incapable of criticizing your own party?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
[SNIP]

You missed the point, and so did The Old American. The democratic party, and what the "tea party" has become are both jokes. You can add the neo-cons to that joke too.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Nope

Sorry, I reject the deeply partisan notion that being critical of one party implies approval of the other.

Did not miss anything

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He wasn't approving or endorsing either party. They are both sell-outs for the most part.(looks like the constitutionalists got it right, from the right tho) But seriously just 15 nay votes, really?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
with employee''s like these - who the hell needs competitors... I think our employee's own the company.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Sorry, I reject the deeply partisan notion that being critical of one party implies approval of the other. My mind does not fall into such simple minded dichotomies.

My point was that not even the members of the Tea Party Caucus would support Paul in this, even though they campaigned for office specifically saying they would oppose this sort of thing.

The Dems routinely vote for more Big Gov. But the Tea Prty? I thought they were there to protect us from that?

Or are you incapable of criticizing your own party?

I don't have a party affiliation, genius, and nothing I've posted even suggests it. You're the one that came here criticizing one party without also pointing out the other. But thanks for bringing your crap into my thread. That's real class.

/TOA

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by neo96
[SNIP]

You missed the point, and so did The Old American. The democratic party, and what the "tea party" has become are both jokes. You can add the neo-cons to that joke too.

edit on 25-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

But he didn't mention the Democrats, did he? Maybe if he had, we wouldn't have "missed the point". Instead, his point was to criticize one party only.

But at least you see that they're all a big joke...on us.

/TOA

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

One day, they'll show up at the wrong farm, and there's going to be a shootout. I can see it now.

Let me guess that this is somehow related to monsTanTo.

This country, this entire world, is out of control. Complete mayhem, corruption, and tyranny.

WE MUST HAVE JUSTICE! How is the question!

A boycott? With who participating? Even if everyone on this site participated, it would be a drop in the bucket. :\

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Devils Advocate for a moment... (this is not to be construed as me supporting the yes votes in any way it is for the sake of debate nothing more)

Supposed the FDA shows up at a farm that is in violation of the written laws and attempts peacefully to shut them down, and the Farmer (call him Farmer Bob) pulls out a 12 Gage and stars shooting down these people. They are unarmed, only have the court order in hand and we have a bloody mess of dead Government officials just doing as they see it their jobs.

Why does Farmer Bob have the right to have a weapon and they don't? If I read the constitution correctly all of them are allowed to carry firearms, so there should be no need for a bill or a law stating it one way or the other, Agent Smith has as much right to bear arms as Farmer Bob does...

Again just devil's advocate here, or do people support restricting a certain segment of the population from being armed based upon profession?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join