It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul campaign believes GOP cheating cost Paul a win in Arizona

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah.. I want all those things too. What does that have to do with voting for Obama?

You are voting for someone that isn't doing anything to help us out in those areas. His healthcare plan is absolutely horrible. A friend of mine that is unfortunately, financially poor has had to rely on the government for his and his wifes health for a long time. His wife needed a hysterectomy a doctor told him. When Obama's healthcare started kicking in he had hope. He was wrong, she was forced to go through to other surgical procedures because they were cheaper and then after those two failed she was given the hysterectomy. Even though she didn't want to go through the other procedures she didn't have a choice the options were gone until she tried the cheaper route.

You know what that is? That is prison healthcare. It is exactly the same as prison healthcare. It's free, but you lose the choice.

As for the economy.. well he isn't doing jack for that either, but he sure is stripping the rights away left and right.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by frazzle
Mind if I ask which bread a butter issues you think are important?

Equity - Fairness
Access to health care
The economy
Jobs
Housing

Now, what else do you want to know about ME and why I'm voting for Obama - in a Ron Paul thread?

What has Obama done to make any of the above listed issues better?

Do you even know what Ron Paul would do to improve the above listed issues? NO candidate besides Paul is talking about the economy, other than throwing out gratuitous promises to "do better". No candidate besides Paul has a detailed plan to deal with the above issues and the status quo which currently dominates access to jobs/medical care/housing/money DOES NOT WANT a plan implemented that would benefit the masses as they would lose their "market share" = control.

Stop buying the shoddy goods they're selling.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I've heard Paul say that the only way we'll ever get past the abortion issue is for people to start being responsible for their own behavior.

I certainly agree with that. You be responsible for YOUR behavior and I'll be responsible for MINE.

Now, whether you judge abortion as "irresponsible" or "responsible" is your personal business and your opinion only. But if each is responsible for his own behavior, that means YOU are not responsible for MY behavior. My behavior is really none of your business.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul= Constitution, and to us mortals The Bills of Rights, without them we are not human.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Zngland because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
So you don't want to vote for a trustworthy guy with sound ideas because you disagree with some of his stances..

I didn't say his ideas were "sound". I can TRUST Ron Paul to do everything in his power to set back women's rights 50 years. And that's just one issue... I do believe he'll do what he says. That is trustworthy. If I disagree with his ideas, it doesn't matter how "solid" he is in them or how trustworthy he is.

that doesn't make any sense when you consider that you have NO idea where Obama stands.

Oh, Jesus! And I thought we could have an intelligent discussion... Next?

Just wondering where you read or heard that Ron Paul will set womens rights back 50 years. I really want to know how a presidential candidate like Ron Paul, a constitutionalist that believes in the rights of individual liberty and life, could ever support something like that. I haven't EVER read or heard anything even suggesting that he supports this kind of thing.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I've heard Paul say that the only way we'll ever get past the abortion issue is for people to start being responsible for their own behavior.

I certainly agree with that. You be responsible for YOUR behavior and I'll be responsible for MINE.

Now, whether you judge abortion as "irresponsible" or "responsible" is your personal business and your opinion only. But if each is responsible for his own behavior, that means YOU are not responsible for MY behavior. My behavior is really none of your business.

Absolutely right, your behavior is none of my business. So when somebody screws up and "gets in trouble", surely you can see why the rest of us don't want to have to pay for fixing it, especially for those who never seem to learn from their prior "mistakes".

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And that is one of the reasons why Ron Paul should be president. And people that are pro-choice such as myself, and clearly you as well should support him still.

Not that issue alone though. As another poster stated, he is the ONLY one that actually has solutions for the list of problems you put up. Obama doesn't, that is why I kept asking you, because you can't know because Obama hasn't offered any. Same thing with the war. Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zngland
Ron Paul= Constitution, and to us mortals The Bills of Rights, without them we are not human.

Speak for yourself. The Bill of Rights is merely recognition, in writing, of basic human rights. Don't know about you, but I have those rights whether the Bill of Rights exists or not.

I am opposed to Ron Paul because he is pushing the "no regulation" and "no taxes" line... which is the current code speech for "trickle down economics" or "supply-side economics" which has been proven to be a complete failure for nearly 30 years now.

Trickle-down economics, which George HW Bush correctly called "Voodoo economics" only further enriches those that already are rich. It's a bull# economic model, proven to be a total loser model, yet the GOP can think of nothing else to do. Idiots.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

The trickle down model is the furthest thing from Ron Paul's mind.
You need to do a little research friend. I don't mean looking up youtube videos of Ron Paul either. Read a book on austrian economics.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Mind if I ask which bread a butter issues you think are important?

Equity - Fairness
Access to health care
The economy
Jobs
Housing

Now, what else do you want to know about ME and why I'm voting for Obama - in a Ron Paul thread?

Its the same tactic that they attempted to use against me in the beginning of this thread. They dont want to actually talk about RP. They want to tell you why you are wrong.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I am opposed to Ron Paul because he is pushing the "no regulation" and "no taxes" line... which is the current code speech for "trickle down economics" or "supply-side economics" which has been proven to be a complete failure for nearly 30 years now.

There are regulations and then there are regulations. Try to open a small business and you'll soon discover regulations, as we now have them, are set up specifically to prevent you from competing with the mega corps who got Glass Steagall regulations dumped. They're the ones who don't like regulations, and they got you on their side. Lucky them.

Without fraudulent fractional debt currency there would be no taxation. The federal reserve and internal revenue were passed in the same year. That was not cooincidence.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Speak for yourself. The Bill of Rights is merely recognition, in writing, of basic human rights. Don't know about you, but I have those rights whether the Bill of Rights exists or not.

Trickle-down economics, which George HW Bush correctly called "Voodoo economics" only further enriches those that already are rich. It's a bull# economic model, proven to be a total loser model, yet the GOP can think of nothing else to do. Idiots.

George HW Bush called trickle down economics voodoo economics because he was a complete moron. He is the same guy that tried to use strategery to get the evil doers and bring em to justice... in the wrong country... yee haw... worst president ever...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83

George HW Bush called trickle down economics voodoo economics because he was a complete moron. He is the same guy that tried to use strategery to get the evil doers and bring em to justice... in the wrong country... yee haw... worst president ever...

And sigh, wrong guy. You are confusing your Bushes and your Shrubs. Read up on it. George HW Bush and George W Bush are two different people.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Bills of Rights a recognition , ?,,,, you need to think..When they been usurped, stolen, it will take 1000 years to get them back.( if were lucky).

i think you are short...or biased.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Allenb83

Already answered.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

post by GogoVicMorrow

Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate.

And if I were a single-issue voter, I'd vote for Ron Paul, like I said before.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I stand corrected. George W Bush was the president I was referring to...
One letter off... thanks!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83

I stand corrected. George W Bush was the president I was referring to...
One letter off... thanks!

No worries...
And we definitely agree that W is the worst president in recent history at least, if not ever...

I thought HW was bad, till his boy came along.

But call it what they want, what RP is pushing is the same thing that has been proven to not work. Repeatedly. I don't know what The Answer is, but it is clearly not the GOP trickle down model...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The Bills of Rights a recognition , ?,,,, you need to think..When they been usurped, stolen, it will take 1000 years to get them back.( if were lucky).

i think you are short...or biased.

Hence the need to understand that the Bill of Rights - while it is a magnificent piece of work - is just a recognition, by a Progressive government, of basic human rights. If we depend on these rights being "granted" to us by a piece of writing, as good as it is, then we are in fact in danger of being enslaved if a less progressive government were to ever remove those rights from the Constitution. Which I believe would be the case if the GOP had their way, anti-freedom mooks that they are.

So yes, I am biased - biased against some entity 'granting' me what I consider to be basic rights. And many of the rights listed in the Bill of Rights are even basic living entity rights, let alone human... such as the right of self defense, by the most effective means available. AKA the Second Ammendment. All living beings have that right, without regard to species, genus or even kingdom.

I'm probably shorter than Kareem, for whatever relevance that has on anything.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The bill of rights is the governments acknowledgement of said rights and it was a guild line on which the constitution was built. The reason the government put them down on a piece of paper was to ensure these rights didn't get abused hence the constitution and why the constitution states that once these rights are stripped from us we should take back our government aka right to bare arms and be in a Militia. Its basically a contact stating if the time comes where you need to take your country back through armed conflict we can. LOL what you stated is a belief that you will have these rights no matter what lol go to another country and see how well that works

obama prolonged the patriot act, signed NDAA, sopa, pipa, one where you cant protest at a political rally"because it might be disruptive" he tried to take any peoples right to have guns through fast and furious and while i will admit it was both republicans and democrats who signed these bills RON PAUL wasn't one of them!!!! What planet are you living on?
edit on 22-5-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join