It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the secret rituals in college business fraternities?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have a question.

In my last year of college back in 1998, I joined a fraternity for aspiring business professionals, out of boredom and to see if I could meet some girls through it, since I had no social life or dates at the time.

I won't name this fraternity because I took an oath not to. But they had their own secret handshake, and during the initiation ceremony, the senior members were dressed in cloaks with hoods while the room was darkened and lit by candles. Each new member swore an oath of allegiance and the typical mumbo jumbo about honor and values that is usually recited during Boy Scout initiations.

I never went beyond that though. But what I don't understand is: Why were all these secret handshakes and rituals in dark rooms with cloaked hooded people necessary? Isn't business all about cold calculating performance in an office where you show up, perform and get paid? Why would a fraternity for aspiring business professionals involve such "esoteric" rituals? What do they have to do with the business world? What purpose does all this serve?

Could such rituals be a sort of "junior level" practice secret society where they train and screen people for entrance into higher levels of the Illuminati or Secret Societies?

What do you all think?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Everyone wants to feel special; different than the "normal" population. I believe it to be more of an ego trip than anything.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

All fraternities have a secret initiation ritual....it's part of what a fraternity is.

It is important to conduct business with honor and a sense of virtue....thus the recitation of man's duties in these categories.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by WWu777

All fraternities have a secret initiation ritual....it's part of what a fraternity is.

It is important to conduct business with honor and a sense of virtue....thus the recitation of man's duties in these categories.

I agree with your statement there nothing sinister going on just as a said

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

To be a member of a fraternity in most cases you must go through some sort of ritual initiation. In Masonry we use Degrees, but in college fraternities they usually have some hazing rituals that probationary members have to go through.

After studying Masonic ritual for the past three years, and having seen much of the ritual work from other fraternities, including the major college frats, I can say that most of the ritual and ceremonies are knock offs of Masonic meetings. They are conducted in the same fashion only with some of the words and the obligations are changed. This is true of almost all fraternities, where instead of a Worshipful Master conducting ceremonies, they have different titles like illustrious master, or master of ceremonies for fraternity XYZ. Even the officer structures are similar.

It's all part of becoming a member. Every one must endure the same initiations. It builds stronger bonds of brotherhood when you know all your brothers have had the same experience as you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I believe ritual to be a form of mind control. Some rituals even put you in a near death experience, or conjure up other extreme emotions which are meant to make you mentally unstable. The hazing rituals are a prime example of trauma based mind control while covert ideas and feelings can be formed based on environment and what is being said.

When many people undergo the same abuse or extreme situation, they find themselves "bonded" in a way they never experienced with their family.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Technically everyone has rituals of some kind. Even you.

Nothing in Freemasonry has put me in a near death experience, extreme emotional state, or anything traumatic. Nothing in any of the Masonic ritual would make you mentally unstable. Your attacks are just getting pathetic now.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Technically everyone has rituals of some kind. Even you.

Nothing in Freemasonry has put me in a near death experience, extreme emotional state, or anything traumatic. Nothing in any of the Masonic ritual would make you mentally unstable. Your attacks are just getting pathetic now.

Did I use the word freemasonry? My post neither constitutes an attack NOR refers to freemasonry. Looks like you just have a guilty conscience. I'm keeping things civil in here so why don't you people stop making posts referring to me personally, okay?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Well you can just throw in Kappa Sigma as I'm a member of that as well.

I didn't make it personal, you are just taking it that way. Was my post wrong? My post is applicable to Kappa Sigma as it is to Freemasonry.
edit on 24-5-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Some fraternities are blatant in their occult roots.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The Star and Crescent is a beautiful symbol of the Fraternity.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The Star and Crescent is a beautiful symbol of the Fraternity.

Don't bother with exoteric blather. Referring to it as a star is an insult to our intelligence. It is an inverted pentagram inside a circle which makes it a pentacle where the crescent serves as a banner for skull and bones and what looks like firearms.

"The skull and crossbones motif was used by many American college fraternities, sororites and secret societies founded in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The most well-known example of this usage is the Skull and Bones society, a secret society at Yale University which derives its very name from the symbol. Other well-known college fraternal organizations which use the skull and bones in some capacity in their public symbols include, but are not limited to: Pi Kappa Alpha, Kappa Sigma, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Phi Kappa Sigma Tau Kappa Epsilon, Chi Psi and Zeta Beta Tau Fraternities and Sigma Sigma Sigma and Chi Omega Sororities. Other fraternal groups also use the skull and crossbones in their symbolism and/or in their secret fraternal rituals. These groups include the Knights of Columbus as well as the Knights Templar degree of Freemasonry.[citation needed]
In fraternal usage, the skull and crossbones - along with full skeletons and the skull alone - are a very common motif due to their common association with death. The significance of these symbols vary from group to group. For some, they are a symbolic reminder of mortality. For others, the symbol has a religious reference (as with the Masonic Knights Templar, for which the skull and bones symbolize Golgotha, the place of Jesus' crucifixion). Another common fraternal use is one of warning wherein the skull and crossbones symbolize a dire warning against betraying the group's secrets and/or failing to keep one's oath."
edit on 24-5-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That is not a good attitude - "don't bother..." That is what it is called unless you plan on denying fact. You do realize that the pentacle was not considered an evil symbol, in fact it was used by Christians as a symbol of Christ.

That particular logo is for that fund. The normal Star & Crescent does not have a circle around it. Thanks for trying to tell me my own business. In the crescent is a set of crossed keys (symbols of security and safekeeping), skull & bones (symbols of mortality - do you fear the common doom of man?), and crossed swords (symbols of protection).

I'm very familiar with the symbols of Kappa Sigma and currently sit as Grand Procurator (VP) of my Chapter. I'm also proficient with the rituals. I'm curious as to what first hand knowledge you base your opinion on. When wer you initiated into Kappa Sigma?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That is not a good attitude - "don't bother..." That is what it is called unless you plan on denying fact. You do realize that the pentacle was not considered an evil symbol, in fact it was used by Christians as a symbol of Christ.

That particular logo is for that fund. The normal Star & Crescent does not have a circle around it. Thanks for trying to tell me my own business. In the crescent is a set of crossed keys (symbols of security and safekeeping), skull & bones (symbols of mortality - do you fear the common doom of man?), and crossed swords (symbols of protection).

I'm very familiar with the symbols of Kappa Sigma and currently sit as Grand Procurator (VP) of my Chapter. I'm also proficient with the rituals. I'm curious as to what first hand knowledge you base your opinion on. When wer you initiated into Kappa Sigma?

Yes but you guys inverted the christian pentacle didn't you?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Actually, it's Pythagorean, which is pre-Christian.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wish these apparent Masons would buzz off this site, spouting this and that from behind their computer screens..... Me and Proto like to reference history i believe

Yea, that's directed at someone in particular

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Because pretty much EVERYTHING is pre-Christian lol.... religious thieves!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Actually, it's Pythagorean, which is pre-Christian.

Another complete and utter lie. Pythagoras invented the PENTACLE YES but did he JOIN IT WITH A CROSS like the judeo christian pagans, no he did not. this is why it is called the CHRISTIAN PENTACLE and not the "actually its pythagorean pentacle"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would never associate myself with anyone from a fraternity like that, or cult, or religion, or secret society, no thanks

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Wish these apparent Masons would buzz off this site, spouting this and that from behind their computer screens..... Me and Proto like to reference history i believe

Yea, that's directed at someone in particular

It is hilarious to me that all these guys try to dominate the secret societies page of a conspiracy theory website. Who do they think they're fooling with their cardboard lies?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join