It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the USAF want a 4th JSF Variant? F-35D?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
What's AWST ??

Sorry, its Aviation Week and Space Technology. Its the sign of the hardcore aviation junkie if you subscribe. Also known as Aviation leak, it is pretty good at scouping aviation stories.

RAB

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
my thing will the storm shadows, is simple well ish, I'd rather have 2shadows in the bomb bay and the wing points for a2a missiles as there smaller than these massive 5m long angels for death.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I thought that the F-35 was the proposed jamming version of the JSF.

Anyways I think that the new STOSL F-35 would be great, but it shouldnt replace the A-10 but work with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
I thought that the F-35 was the proposed jamming version of the JSF.

Anyways I think that the new STOSL F-35 would be great, but it shouldnt replace the A-10 but work with it.

What do you mean jamming version?

Also, The A-10 will be retired around 2025.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
What do you mean jamming version?
Also, The A-10 will be retired around 2025.

Yeah im not sure about that one. I have never heard anydiscussion about an EA-35 variant. The ESRA can be used in that fashion to an extent, but I would think that that would basically light a bright here I am sign.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Considering that the F-22 program has been cancelled, I was wondering what might be the future replacement for this aircraft and came out with the idea of a new version of the Lightning II, the F-35D.

To maintain the advantages of sustainability and reduced operating costs, this version would be based on the NAVY variant F-35C.

Major changes/improvements would be as follow,

1. Eliminate vertical rudders and elevators and replace with ruddervators.
2. Include full 360 degree thrust vectoring to improve close combat maneuvering.

I have an image of this craft but since I'm new here I still don't know how to post it. Some help with this will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Marko Dakkar

the F-22 has been cancelled?

better tell the production line to stop building them then as im sure they don`t know about that one

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
F-22 Raptor Program Cancellation

Gates aims for military 'overhaul'

Ok, so it's not a done deal yet. My mistake. However, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates proposed the cancellation of the F-22 program in April 2009 (see links above).

As a result of the proposed cancellation, the F-35 program would be increased. This is where I came up with the idea of an additional variant of the Lightning II, the F-35D.

F-35D Lightning II Variant

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
gates has been trying to cancel the F22 now for 3 years and each year he is stopped - the same gates thats also trying to cancel the F136 engine for the F35 - and he is thwarted on that as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How can it be a cancellation when there are 180+ in service

The Avro Arrow was cancelled, the TSR 2 was cancelled, the A-12 Avenger II was cancelled, but the F-22 is in service.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

That was the case when this thread was first posted back in 2004

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Great thread

I uploaded this video a while ago.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Slayer69 - great vid.