It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and 'falling leaf' or pendulum motion.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Exactly. Spacetime is contorted around the craft making it looks like it's moving sideways in our frame of reference, but it's it's frame it's just dropping straight down .

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ManInAsia

Ah, never thought of that one.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

Just doing my part to fix ats

If you care abouATS you'll star this post

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
September 1968 (22:00) Sierra Nevada (Granada, Spain)

Location imprecise

When they had a flat tire in this area, a family of four got out of their car and the woman observed an object at ground level 180 m. away. It was a dome-shaped craft with portholes , oscillating slight
ly with a "falling leaf" motion. She called her husband and two sons as it started to rise, and they were able to see it just before it flew out of sight.

source ballester olmos journal

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=14136758]karl 12
t's been a long time since I've read 5 whole pages of a thread. I
t reminded me of this video I saw probably in the late 90s or early 2000s. At 1 minute 31 seconds you can see a disc UFO performing the falling leaf maneuvere close up.
edit on 2/14/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

edit on 2/14/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Efit

edit on 2/14/2019 by MissSmartypants because: E dit
The name of the video is... Italia L'ufo di Aviano Il miglior filmation UFO all mondo

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Says video unavailable

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYRThe name of the video is...Italia L'ufo di Avian Il miglior filmation UFO all mondo

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
a reply to: BASSPLYRThe name of the video is...Italia L'ufo di Avian Il miglior filmation UFO all mondo
ah i see it now. Thanks. Yeah that falling leaf is common. Seen it myself on a few occasions. I would offer that perhaps they aren't falling like a leaf but descending in a circular spiralling manner. It just looks like a falling leaf pattern when observed from the side

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Great catch on the 1968 Granada account from the Olmos journal mate - below is another potential candidate from the country next door in 1915.

See 8:05

Kripal is keenly aware of the parallels between the “Miracle of the Sun” and the contemporary UFO experience–the classic UFO “falling-leaf,” a.k.a. “zigzag,” maneuver is a particularly striking one–as well as the futility of trying to explain these parallels by supposing that the throngs at Fátima were “really” witnessing a visitation of interplanetary spaceships. Of course we could dismiss it all by invoking “mass hysteria.” But does that derogatory label really explain anything?

link

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

The name of the video is...Italia L'ufo di Avian Il miglior filmation UFO all mondo

Hola MissSmartypants (great name) - could be wrong but seem to remember that vid being a cheeky hoax and one of the very first big budget CGI vids - appreciate your post though!

Cheers.

edit on 14-2-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I remember it being deemed a hoax back then as well...and I figured it probably was...but that was before I knew about the falling leaf aspect of UFO movement with the appearance of a side to side motion being due to a circular motion as seen from head on. If it was a hoax why include this falling leaf maneuver before anyone had heard of it?
Oh, and Howdy karl 12. I'm guessing karls one through eleven didn't work out.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

That's actully a very good question. I'd also like to know that.
edit on 18-2-2019 by just2cents because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Falling leaf motions are mentioned in old cases,Little inconspicuous details like that make a video "believable"

2nd

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Taken from Scott Corrales' article 'Puerto Rico: Saucers in the '70s'.

Four weeks later, corrections officer I. Simonetti was walking back to his home in the Barrio Obrero section of San Juan, when he casually took notice of an object in the sky which he first believed to be a kite. Focusing upon it, he realized that the brass-colored object was swinging in a pendular motion (characteristic of UFOs) before taking off in a northerly direction. Simonetti noticed that people on the street were shouting among themselves and pointing at the sky.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join