It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faked Moon Landing - Amazing Documentary

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

post by intrptr

I want interior pics

posted by Phage

Pretty cozy
www.ehartwell.com...

Sweeet... thanks Phage. Those are some revealing photos. I was involved in electronics manuacturing back in the 70's and 80's. I know that the way we routed our cables and switch panels was, at that time, handed down to us from the Apollo Moon missions. The conventions were a bit more lax as the computers we were building didn't have to go to the moon. But I can see with my own two eyes the way things were done in the LM. The complex nature of these systems for the task they were designed for is evident in the care taken to produce them.

Each of these lunar modules was a unique one shot, throw away type deal and yet attention to the slightest detail and the skill of the people who assembled each of these by hand, plus the subassembly contractors for all the switches, and connectors, etc. is just mind boggling. There was not a lot of redundancy nor any room for error in assembly, test or inspection of these myriad functions required to simply descend and ascend from the surface of the moon (not simple).

One loose wire jarred by launch, one moist contact deep in a switch or relay, and some critical function is the reason why the whole mission comes crashing down, so to speak. This never happened with all the LMs and that is just amazing to me. It also is indicative of the kind of well trained and highly skilled personnel back then.

I also see why we are never going back. Todays cost of design and manufacturing the same equipment that would be needed to do the same sorts of things i.e., launch, moon landing and return would be a-s-t-r-o-n-o-m-i-c-a-l. I don't think we could afford it or pull it off with todays money or skill set.

Are all the LM's that went to the moon scattered around on the surface?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Another interesting fact is that the LEM Ascent Stage motor could not be test fired. They were single use chemical motors that were ruined when used. This meant that defects could not be tested for before launch. The motor had to be assembled perfectly.... otherwise 2 men would be left to die on the moon.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zorgon Vs. Phage on Page 3 go look!!! Sick!! Been reading these members post since the first day I joined.
Two of ATS's best.

I don't have any strong feelings about the moon landing one way or the other. I would say that there is the same amount of evidence on both sides. No one can really know for sure. I usually have this thought though that some arguments trying to prove that the moon landing didn't happen were brought up, debunked, and people still use them even though they prove anything in the slightest bit. Same with the other side. Just my thoughts.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
guys, you do realize that if you say moonlanding was faked, what happens with all the "secret" info they got when visiting the moon ? hmm ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeanU

This meant that defects could not be tested for before launch.

Don't be ridiculous. Each component could be inspected and tested during assembly. If all the parts worked properly and were put together properly, they didn't have to fire the whole thing to know that it would work.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by SeanU

This meant that defects could not be tested for before launch.

Don't be ridiculous. Each component could be inspected and tested during assembly. If all the parts worked properly and were put together properly, they didn't have to fire the whole thing to know that it would work.

The system could not be test fired. All of the other motor systems could be.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Ok the soviets are also in on it, but Communism's a red herring right? Not everything is a conspiracy. You can believe a narrator, I'll believe the KGB.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

They havent made that connection yet, first we never went to the moon next week they'll be up in arms about Buzz Aldrin and the aliens on the dark side of the moon.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SeanU

So it didn't need to be test fired; that's the point.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
How come conspiracy theorists never talk about the Retroreflectors that are on the moon right now?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by SeanU

So it didn't need to be test fired; that's the point.

I think everyone relying on the motor to return them to Earth would have preferred that the motor that they were flying with could have been tested. They couldn't test fire it... adding an element of risk to a key piece of equipment required to return them home. I'm not sure why you are arguing with me over the point I was making that was not addressed to you in the first place. No need to reply... I'm done adding to this tin foil hat thread.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
once in the amazon region talking to an old lady that had never left that small city near the jungle she was asked what were her thoughts on men going to the moon (this is real story!) she said 'that's nonsense men would never be able to reach the moon no matter the technology they tell they had.' guess even the old know better! and technology isn't the problem as we know radiation is the real problem.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Zedux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

once in the amazon region talking to an old lady that had never left that small city near the jungle she was asked what were her thoughts on men going to the moon (this is real story!) she said 'that's nonsense men would never be able to reach the moon no matter the technology they tell they had.'

That's because she thought the Moon was a tiny little spot stuck on the glass sky, hundreds of feet in the air.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
will the moon hoaxers explain the mirror on the moon and try to debunk it

1 the mirror
2 the hammer and feather drop
3 the pendulum test...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

can you debunk the retro reflectors on moon

maybe you could debunk the pendulum test

or the hammer and feather drop

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

they do - they mostly claim the Apollo retro-reflectors were delivered by unmaned probe craft - the USSR pssitioned its scientific experiments [ including reflector ] on the lunar surface without a manned lunar program

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by ignorant_ape

In that case mate, I do apologize.

Now, since you have seen it, and firmly belief that it is indeed "twaddle", might you possibly elaborate a little upon it? I bookmarked this to view later, but, if it is indeed BS, I do not want to waste my time.

vvv

Perhaps you need to think for yourself and not let others tell you what to watch, the ones who want to hide something are the ones that shout " Nothing to see here " loudest, people often seem happy enough to be told that there is nothing going on, they don't need to use their brains to think for themselves. Research is often a great waste of time, because there are many false leads and dead ends to navigate, but is often worth taking the time to do.

The internet age is full of people believing that typing THE HOLY GRAIL in to wikipedia will not only tell them where it is buried but how to dig it up. Research which is only a few computer clicks away, will not in any way compare to good honest hard work, although it can help in uncovering the more obscure connections, asking a nameless, faceless, computer persona if it is worth your while checking up on something, is giving up free will and freedom of choice.

I stared your post because I agree with the premise. All too often truthers just want to read the controversy surrounding a subject and not get into the meat of the arguments. That is too bad.
edit on 18-5-2012 by NowIsThe because: typo

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

is that what HB " arguments " have descended to , citing the " expert " opnion of uneducated pensioners in brazil ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zedux
once in the amazon region talking to an old lady that had never left that small city near the jungle she was asked what were her thoughts on men going to the moon (this is real story!) she said 'that's nonsense men would never be able to reach the moon (no reason given)

Lmao

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig
How come conspiracy theorists never talk about the Retroreflectors that are on the moon right now?

Because they cannot debunk it

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join