It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A masons ring of the 32nd degree

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
A special thanks to all the lodge members for participating here. I hope I haven't disrespected any of you by posting this thread.

Of course not. You always seem to be a very curteous poster and none of us mind answering the various questions posed by yourself an others.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

In the UK, apparently you have to return your work much like the first 3 degrees and the usual progression stops at 18. A smaller percentage go to 32 and an even smaller percentage get to 33.

Correct, except no work to turn in. They communicate the 4th-17th and then confer the 18th ceremonially.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My point entirely. In the states, degrees (even the first three) vary GREATLY even from state to state. The grips and words are the same as best I can tell, but even the ceremonies themselves have been changed and adapted by each grand lodge and over time - and between some jurisdictions, the ceremonies and Q&A are WAY different. Outside of the US, the ceremonies and whatnot that fall under different jurisdictions likewise have almost nothing in common with each other. One of my German friends encourages me to invite you to "come see where WE put the cable tow." I'm not entirely sure how that's funny, but he giggled alot and seemed proud of his inside joke.

I view freemasonry much in the same light as I do mainstream religion. It may have started out as a single entity or story, but over time it became MANY different and seperate factions. Christianity for example - mormons, southern baptist, methodist, lutheran, catholicism. It used to be practicioners simply followed the man - now It seems most follow a politically influenced organization that better suits their own agendas whilst still using the name of the man. I see freemasonry much the same - it may have started as a single system of concepts for a fraternity, but via politics, the gradual press of time, and humans changing things to suit their own needs, it's MANY different factions. I'm not even talking Prince Hall/clandestine/whatever.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthExposed
Outside of the US, the ceremonies and whatnot that fall under different jurisdictions likewise have almost nothing in common with each other.

The ritual may differ but the landmarks in affiliated and recognized jurisdictions are all the same.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're more than welcome , randy! Make sure you hold on to that ring, keep it somewhere safe. Could be a nice family heirloom again some day.

Check your u2us, buddy!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

The ritual may differ but the landmarks in affiliated and recognized jurisdictions are all the same.

Again my point: "recognized jurisdictions" When your views, practices, and beliefs no longer coincide with another, you simply stop recognizing each other as legitimate, when in all actuality, both have been changed from the original, thus making neither way "the right way." As stated, I view it much like mainstream religion, and if other's views differ from yours, then they simply aren't "authentic" in accordance with YOUR politics and are automatically titled clandestine or simply "not relevant to my beliefs, opinions, or jurisdiction."

What kills me is how political it all really is. Again I have to point out the parallels to religion. If you don't believe/worship my religion the same way I do, you're doing it wrong. The largest problem I have is that a mason you don't recognize as a mason still knows all the crap you do, they just fall under a different political jurisdiction. Say an south african passes all your checks and grips and whatnot and knows precisely what you know - but you find out he's a member of Prince Hall or simply from a foreign lodge that doesn't report to the same people you do - aren't you supposed to halt all masonic communication at that point? In my experience an american A.F.A.M will at that point treat the other like a leper can vacate the area immediately. Politics, politics, politcs.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthExposed

Very well said... all that is left is to prove and experience it.
But nontheless a great pov.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Of course not. You always seem to be a very curteous poster and none of us mind answering the various questions posed by yourself an others.

Right on. I guess it's the secrecy you all hold dear that made me cast out to see how you gents felt about it.
Always good to know I'm not causing hard feelings.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

What kills me is how political it all really is. Again I have to point out the parallels to religion. If you don't believe/worship my religion the same way I do, you're doing it wrong. The largest problem I have is that a mason you don't recognize as a mason still knows all the crap you do, they just fall under a different political jurisdiction. Say an south african passes all your checks and grips and whatnot and knows precisely what you know - but you find out he's a member of Prince Hall or simply from a foreign lodge that doesn't report to the same people you do - aren't you supposed to halt all masonic communication at that point? In my experience an american A.F.A.M will at that point treat the other like a leper can vacate the area immediately. Politics, politics, politcs.

Freemasonry has a set of ancient landmarks....any organization that does not adhere to those landmarks is not Masonic, regardless of what it may call itself. It's not political....in fact, it goes to the very heart of what Freemasonry is.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I want to join. But I need someone to bring me in.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Freemasonry has a set of ancient landmarks....any organization that does not adhere to those landmarks is not Masonic, regardless of what it may call itself. It's not political....in fact, it goes to the very heart of what Freemasonry is.

And if the organization adheres to the same landmarks? And are you SERIOUSLY trying to deny your political nature?

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I thought the only truly important landmark in the equation (in regards to the first few degrees anyway) is King Solomon's Temple, it's ground floor, it's middle chamber, the sanctum sanctorum - things that are moderately uniform throughout all the different political factions of masonry.

Again, what you would call clandestine lodges know everything the pompous "A.F.A.M. powers that be" and other American masonic political factions do, and adhere to the same landmarks. The finest example of this is Prince Hall. Prince hall and his peers took the same degrees as anyone else, but due to bigotry and racism, african americans were not allowed to confer or participate in degrees - a fact confirmed by BOTH sides of the story. That combined with the rampant racism of early masonry in the united states made Prince Hall's actions necessary in my opinion. The racism of the lodge led to their departure to form their own lodge where they would be welcome and EQUAL regardless of skin tone - which led to their original lodge no longer recognizing them because "those blacks had the nerve to confer degrees like white men." Spare me your rhetoric, politics make and govern masonry as a whole.

Again, if I know all your landmarks, grips, etc but fall to a jurisdiction outside of yours, you would not be allowed to recognize me due to YOUR politics. That's the only thing I don't see as a religious parellel - Christians can certainly share fellowship with other Christians, regardless of where you got to church..... ... ...Masons can only share masonic fellowship if they belong to the same organization, again due to politics.

Your very thorough obligation contains the word "clandestine" - now look in your published monitor/manuscript as to YOUR lodges definition of the word.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Randyvs

if you're in the states, I'm pretty sure you simply need to not be a felon, believe in a God, and ask for an application at whichever lodge you're wanting to join.....that's what the recruiters tell me anyway.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
That is pretty cool! Funny I saw a thread on here a while ago in which someone was claiming that the 33rd degree of masonry was non-existent and a fallacy and just made up to poorly portray masons. This proves him wrong.

Actually, the ring has a 32 on it, not a 33....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Actually, the ring has a 32 on it, not a 33....

Can you convince somone that there is no 33rd degree ? I you can I'm interested to hear what you have to say Mon.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Again, what you would call clandestine lodges know everything the pompous "A.F.A.M. powers that be" and other American masonic political factions do, and adhere to the same landmarks. The finest example of this is Prince Hall. Prince hall and his peers took the same degrees as anyone else, but due to bigotry and racism, african americans were not allowed to confer or participate in degrees - a fact confirmed by BOTH sides of the story. That combined with the rampant racism of early masonry in the united states made Prince Hall's actions necessary in my opinion. The racism of the lodge led to their departure to form their own lodge where they would be welcome and EQUAL regardless of skin tone - which led to their original lodge no longer recognizing them because "those blacks had the nerve to confer degrees like white men." Spare me your rhetoric, politics make and govern masonry as a whole.

Things have changed a lot. Most of the Masons I know are african-americans.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
That isn't a Freemason ring, it's a Scottish Rite ring, and it belonged to a Prince.

The "7" on the ring is actually a Reish. We use the Samaritan script quite a bit, actually.
I may be wrong, im not very educated on the whole mason thing but a quick search suggests the scottish right is masonry masonic.wikidot.com...
edit on 18-5-2012 by hiphoprevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Ugly and tacky.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
That is pretty cool! Funny I saw a thread on here a while ago in which someone was claiming that the 33rd degree of masonry was non-existent and a fallacy and just made up to poorly portray masons. This proves him wrong.

How would a 32nd degree ring disprove the 33rd degree? O_o

Very nice looking ring btw, probably costs an arm and a leg to produce.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

How can one not love celtic music, thnx for the link

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

here is a nice documentary about a Lady who found a ring like this after her father passed on, and how she drew conclusions and made a movie about it...

"Ring of Power, the Superstate, Empire City"

One of my favorites of all time, hope you all enjoy, who have not seen, as the ring, ring , ring

Google Video Link

City of London + City of Vatican + City of columbia are the 3 independant states within states wich composes the empire of the city. The first is financial control over earth economy, the second is religion control over the earth and the third one is military control over the earth. Together they make the very unholy trinity which forms the egyptian pyramid that we can see on the back of the privately owned federal reserve note that is used as american dollar to maintain the colony in debt and under the Queen. Many people realize that this mystifying situation, in which an alleged democratic and self-governing nation is actually controlled against the will of the people, is a clear indication that there must be a very powerful and well-financed occult organization which plans and directs world affairs, and for lack of a more specific identification thie suspected secret organization is popularly referred to as the International Financiers, Banksters cartel or "The Crown corporation".

edit on 18-5-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join