It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst: First American to shoot down drone will be a hero

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
We gave up our right to privacy a long time ago. Whats a drone but a TrafficCam with wings? Expensive to operate and what are they going to do, watch people move around? Thousands upon millions of people moving around?
Application specific mostly like surveillance of hi value criminal activity. They are better employed in deserts at night where any thermal image of a person is "suspicious". They show the predator but that are talking about a plethora of smaller inexpensive types.

On shooting down one, good luck. On seeing one good luck. On hitting it at altitude and not bringing down all the cops on your head... really good luck.

Either find where they park em or just shoot out the traffic cams in your hood if you are paranoid.. But be mindful ,they have sensors now like cameras that can triangulate gunfire all over the cities.

To my mind, Fox News would never suggest something this stupid unless they were trolling for people to comment on how they are going to defeat miles high drones. They surely listening to your input.

I disagree. Drones are not "traffic cams" with wings. We go TO traffic intersections, those traffic cams do not fly over personal property and search.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the newer types or not. They are improvements on the Vegas models that infinite zoom to a hi degree. Its hard to find pictures of these and even later than I thought. But heres one.

This kind can count the hairs on the back of your hand at a Black Jack table or zoom in on the windows anywhere within sight from its perch 75 feet atop the tower. The newer kinds are way up on towers in my city and you can see the next one from under the first one. I know they call them traffic cams... and they don't have wings, but my point stands that we all gave up privacy along time ago. The technology is only improving and becoming even more invasive as time goes by. In the name of "safety" of course. There are a few images in here. scroll right for the next image which includes acoustic sensor panels for triangulating gunshots, transmit and receive antenna and solar power (just in case).

www.flickr.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No matter how good the cameras are, you allow tacit approval to be video'd when you are on the road. You are aware of the cameras. You know they are there.

Now imagine a person in their own backyard, surrounded by an 8 foot privacy fence. That person is naked, smoking whatever, drinking whatever and occasionally "watering" pictures of the current POTUS.

A drone captures you doing that and since it fits a certain "profile" they "question" you.

How is that the same?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Allow me to put some words together, football stadium, 10,000 laser pointers.
Just curious.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
modified C-band dishes looking for wifi signal at 30,000 feet your not going to be able to crack WAP2 but it basically broadcasts it's signal.lol all the stealth tech on it will do is block its radar signature.But if your smart you will know what to look for its wi-fi signal lol then you just follow it. By looking at its ip address you will be able to tell if its some dudes in single engine plane with his phone turned on or a government agency. Couple of model rocket fanatics + programmers + explosive people you have your self an anti drone team.
edit on 16-5-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by intrptr

No matter how good the cameras are, you allow tacit approval to be video'd when you are on the road. You are aware of the cameras. You know they are there.

Now imagine a person in their own backyard, surrounded by an 8 foot privacy fence. That person is naked, smoking whatever, drinking whatever and occasionally "watering" pictures of the current POTUS.

A drone captures you doing that and since it fits a certain "profile" they "question" you.

How is that the same?

Hahahaha damn google earth you saw that bezzer.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Iranian government hates the American government, but I don't think the citizens of both countries hate each other. Maybe if we asked real nice Iran might give us some advice as to how we can protect ourselves from our government.

I'd be very impressed to see someone shoot one down but I think it would be very difficult and many would be "detained" trying. What would bring the most joy to my heart though is to see one taken over by hackers and unlike the Iranians who landed theirs send them crashing into the offending agency's buildings all across the country. .

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by intrptr

How is that the same?

Well Beezer, since you put it like that, of course it's not the same. I'm not sure your point? As far as cameras go, they are surely planning to watch your every waking moment, if they have their way. Everybody followed everywhere they go by a personal little bot...just keeeping tabs... making little"chirping" sounds if you stray to an improper "profile". That is the purity of essence of their intentions. To watch you everywhere you go?

Our favorite Sci Fi books have thought of this a long time ago, for our protection. Imagine your own personal PID bot just to shepard you around and light your way (Dune), ask you stupid questions (Nomad), and teach you fighting skills (remotes). Im all happy and warm fuzzy inside just thinking of people trying to ditch their remote.

I think there is a comedy story there. Remotes hovering in a cloud outside airport restrooms. People running down the street with a slew of chirping remotes chasing them. Others trying to walk a certain direction but being blocked by well meaning probe droids that keep repeating, "You have been deemed dangerous...will you comply?"

I tacitly refuse to approve this on any level. But even today as we see, facial recognition software combined with camera technology already picks up as we leave our driveway and pass thru each intersection. ONSTAR or what ever auto tracker they use now confirms that it is you. The store parking lot cameras follow you indoors and inside, RFID strips on your drivers liscences and credit cards record everything you buy as store security cameras watch you shop.

Once outside you are back on the grid, which if you have been deemed dangerous will result in an overhead satellite or drone to confirm your exact location for police who pounce from all sides to record your arrest with their various dash cams and helicopter FLIR's.

Then, once you are downtown they put you in a cell and if you have whined about your "rights" too much up till now, they will beat and tase you in there, the only place without a camera in this whole scenario.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Heres another angle to look at this from. The cops in various cities have been trying to manipulate the state and federal wire tapping laws to arrest people that are filming them.
Wouldnt this fall under the same scenario?
They are filming us from the sky, from lamp poles at intersections and apparently, soon they will be recording our voices using recorders on lamp poles.
They cant have it both ways.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If the cops can shoot you from the other side of the road because they think that you are pointing a gun at them, when you are actually watering the roses, and they get away with it, imagine what they can get away with when they act on what they think a drone saw you do. We have already heard of people being killed because they just happened to be sitting near a person who had been the target of a drone. It really will be a case of killing by computer, except, instead of controling a computer game, it will be real life, and of course because they are removed from the reality by a computer link, it will be just like playing a game.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This isn't even new to me. It has been infuriating me for years. Living next to Ft. Indiantown Gap in PA, they seem to be the first in line for the testing of the drones as they have been doing it over public airspace for quite some time. The first time the predator came over our outpost, I thought nothing of it. The third, fourth, and fifth times - I knew that something was up.

Not to mention the fact that is was flying low enough to identify easily. The buzz of a mosquito, the shape was perfect, and if was as low as any bi-place would fly overhead. They continue to fly through here on occasion, so they do go on lower altitudes. It is a lot easier to pinpoint targets at lower altitudes than scan huge ranges at high ones.

If given the equipment and opportunity, I would gladly be the first man to shoot one down. Maybe if I get my hands on a .50 cal I will give it a go. I'll try the sniper with an exploding round, should do the trick if I'm on Q. Damn thing wouldn't even know where the shot came from.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
. If I had my way though they'd wait until the inevitable day when the drones in our airspace are armed, then hack it and have it unload on a federal building.

So, you would kill innocent people just because they happen to work in a federal building? I sure hope not.

The Oklahoma City bomber was no hero. Innocent men women AND children.....Yeah...

Stooping to the level of your enemy makes you no better than them and it certainly makes you a hypocrite.

I wonder how many innocent people the American government has killed with those drones....I wonder how many innocent people would be killed if you had it your way....

You want tyranny to stop? Well, your way is the farthest thing from the solution I could possibly think of.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
I personally feel that if Iran can bring one down, without having to shoot it down. Then some of the brillient minds you have down there in the states, and in some of the border cities in Canada that we have, can put something together so we can start collecting our own drone army. Start landing them in fields as a game just so we can watch DHS and whomever else has these things out monitoring 24/7, have to come and play hide and go seek with there little toys. Pretty sure there are some people out there with the knowledge to do so, and if not lets send a letter to Iran maybe they will let us in on how they did it??? LoL just don't really see too many people being coy with this sort or intrusion in there everyday lives, especially all the people with high powered rifles.

SaneThinking

You can get a degree for drones from a college in Bismark, North Dakota, they been working with the Air Force and the contractors. This is the only private sector center to do this.
edit on 16-5-2012 by chevy369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Apparently Judge Napolitano shares Charles Krauthammer's sentiments regarding the shooting down a drone over American soil.
He also discusses the illegality of using drones to spy on American Citizens, without a warrant, which should be issued on a case by case basis, UNLESS there is an executive order signed by the President.
That last sentence is important because I dont think Obama would hesitate one second to do something like this.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yeah sure if hero is the new word being used to describe a prisoner serving time for destruction if government property and many other charges. Why is everyone so worried? Do you seriously think you're worthy of being under surveillance by a drone or then doing a strike on your house? This isn't a movie people grow up.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Rather than shooting at them which will land you in jail or disappear all together, why not just use a simple and cheap method of making hard for them. Just get on your roof with a nice and shined up mirror and reflect the sunlight back onto the drones camera. I am not sure how the camera will handle that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If a Republican were in office, Fox News would consider anyone who opposes such drones a terrorist or anti American, just like those who protested the 2004 Republican Convention.

The hypocrisy coming from the righties is severe and repulsive.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yep, sounds like a good way to egg-on some trigger-happy civilian into shooting one of these things down, and giving the Government more reason to use them.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's not "terrorism" technically to shoot a robot.
Well unless robots are afraid to be broken.
Really it's just destruction of govt property.

Oh and using military force against robots is futile and silly.
The real way to stop drones is to convince the people deploying them to end their deployments.

That means people have to start getting really annoying. Peacefully.

Don't hand them justification to keep the drones and to start raiding homes over politics.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I for one would like the be the first one to drop one of these out of the sky.

With that said....I could see this act as something our government would use against the people.

Making the claim.... By shooting down our drones, this is considered an "Act Against the United States and an Act of War by the people". We have no other choice then to engage martial law and incarcerate all citizens against the United States Government as they are now identified as known terrorists.

I would still take a shot at one flying over my house.

Edit:
By the way, I just put on a fresh pot of coffee, just in case the Secret Service stops by for a visit.

edit on 16-5-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join