It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst: First American to shoot down drone will be a hero

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I love what Charles had to say and I love the discussion I am seeing here.

I am quite surprised that the mods have not shut this thread down because we are discussing theoretical ways we/people can take down government drones.

Keep up the good ideas. I am taking notes and making a shopping list.
This thread is the first to give me the slightest glimmer of hope for my fellow Americans.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
hypothetically speaking, what would it take do you suppose to bring one of those drones down?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You had better take notes because I am thinking it will be gone soon.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good Lord.

As much as I agree with the analysts opinion - it will officially make the U.S. a war zone...

Damn the MIC.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
hypothetically speaking, what would it take do you suppose to bring one of those drones down?

Well, I think the best bet would be what fixer recommended... Bring them down by hacking their guidance system hell if the Iranians could do it, one of our bored teenage hacktivists could do it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think that the whole discussion was a psy-op.
The most important part being the last ten seconds of what was said in the video...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
reply to post by Wolf321

You had better take notes because I am thinking it will be gone soon.

Is ok, I have it downloaded to my hard drive

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Nothing but some big polished mirrors on a pan tilt swivel or something to that effect, that is even if you could track it. I would guess to blind it during the day if its watching you. I donno, just guessing. Buckshot will work if it gets low enough lol.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You'll be a folk hero, and considered a domestic terrorist. If it happens to be a black guy controlling the drone it will be considered a hate crime.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The thought of drones in our skies diisgusts me!

That said, shooting one down could seriously hurt someone or damage someone else's property. Maybe we should try to find a better way?
edit on 15-5-2012 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Well when you find one let us know.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No not a hero but behind bars for sure... and if will happen it will either be over Nevada or Kentucky - those two states have the fire power to do it. oh, and if you need fire power -- go to Kentucky - those boys have some powerful toys, even people you wouldn't think have howitzers in the garage.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I agree with him, but I would recommend that people who plan on actually shooting down drones to wear a ski mask and have a good exit strategy..

There was a guy in Blaine Wa who was having trouble with border patrol always flying helos over his farm and hovering low making a lot of noise, so he shined a high power spot light at it, and they falsely claimed he almost made them crash, and now he's serving big prison time.. although he had no priors ever, and was 60 yo..

I imagine they will try and prosecute people severely for shooting down drones, so people should be prepared that they might have to do a lot more then just shoot drones..

Freedom is quite expensive when government becomes so perverted and corrupt as it is today in the USA..

Anyone who can shoot down a drone with a firearm will not have an exit strategy. You will just be picked up by some surveillance camera somewhere. Weather a private security camera, or some type of CCTV camera. Did anyone watch the Kelly Thomas beating video? That was done by a CCTV camera and controlled by a Police Dispatcher from the City of Fullerton. Didn't know we had them in USA? Well now you know.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I mentioned earlier about mounting EMP weapons on your building or roof. I was about half kidding when I said it because I would have no idea where to get one and sure as hell couldnt build one. However, if someone could, I wonder what the portability to strength and range of effectiveness ratio would be.
For example, would someone need one the size of a car to take one a few hundred yards away or could you fit one in a backpack and achieve that kind of range?

As far as shooting one down, the reaper type would be a bitch but I think that a well aimed 30.06 round could take out those hovering types pretty quickly.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You shoot one down and they have to :

1. Identify you
2. catch you

A 30.06 deer rifle will shoot plenty far in the right hands.....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

No..no...you're right. I dont have a better one so lets shoot one down and hope it doesnt land on some little kid.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

You couldn't make a small scale directional EMP weapon. The only options are sensor disruption, signal jamming and mechanical destruction. I like the idea of lasers to disrupt the optical sensors, although it would take sophisticated and possibly multiple lasers to do so. If someone knew of the ways and means necessary to jam or take over the system, that would be best. Finally, having some sort of remotely controlled device one could control in sort of a guided missile/kamikaze manner would be effective, depending on the specific drone used. The cheaper propeller driven systems and smaller scale drones would be feasible to target and take out. The only ones that would be an issue to detect, disrupt and destroy would be the jet powered Global Hawk type drones.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just a wee thought. Instead of taking down individual drones, let's go to the source.

A government that would allow drones to spy on Americans.

Now, I'm no "single-issue" guy, but if there was a single issue to get behind, then this would be at the top of the list.

Compile a list of every congressman, senator, representative, president, dog catcher, who wants this and make sure that they are never in office again.

R or D, it doesn't matter. Vote the bastards out!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Compile a list of every congressman, senator, representative, president, dog catcher, who wants this and make sure that they are never in office again.
R or D, it doesn't matter. Vote the bastards out!

The only way to ensure they are never in office again has nothing to do with ballots. Although I am thinking of another b word that would ensure it (not that I am suggesting it.) That is not going to happen though.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I just remembered everyone knows that laser pointers can blind cameras which is why the government made it a federal crime to use against aircraft.

The U.S. Senate last week approved an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization bill that would make aiming laser pointers at aircraft a federal crime. The measure passed by a vote of 96-1 on February 3, as the Senate continues to debating approval of long-awaited reauthorization legislation.

www.nbaa.org...

Yep!

There you go folks and for the record i do not condone any illegal or illicit behavior even tho Government is a stupid as a box of rocks.

edit on 15-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join