It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: JPMorgan Is ‘One of the Best-Managed Banks’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Love the personal attack and why the hell do people use my name what is the purpose to that reply tag ?

There another neo in this thread?

Who created the federal reserve there that sets the price of all financial instruments in this country and who prints worthless fiat currency and who gets to call them up and say print me another trillion or two

Who defines the value of the dollar eh?

Who?

The banks and their associates

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Right

Wilson and the progressive left did not create the federal reserve act of 1913 or the frank dodd act of 2010 and expanded the federal reserve powers in the last 3 years and did not create the consumer protection bureau that picks right up where the federal reserve leaves off.

The only thing Wall Street has is worthless fiat currency that has been devalued to the point where liberals are screaming bloody murder and blame others for the things they created.

Same old song and dance.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Love the personal attack and why the hell do people use my name what is the purpose to that reply tag ?

There another neo in this thread?

Who created the federal reserve there that sets the price of all financial instruments in this country and who prints worthless fiat currency and who gets to call them up and say print me another trillion or two

Who defines the value of the dollar eh?

Who?

it is amazing when a very young girl can explain the problem so clearly

who is at fault?
or HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM?

if a 12 year old girl can explain this problem and its solution,
then the only problem is education to the acual
cause and effect.

xploder

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Obama: JPMorgan Is ‘One of the Best-Managed Banks’

This is the topic how about following ATS terms and conditions and post on topic eh?

What too much work to do so?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

i would like to debate with neo without needing to bring politics into it

if we discuss the issue of the CORE of the problem i am sure we will eventually agree.

i realise neo is a republican but that does not effect the debate in the context of sharing opinions
i dont require him to acually agree that republicans are just as much to blame,

only to recognise why both parties are beholdent to the same banker scum,
the profit motive

thanks for your support tho

xploder

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
For public companies it is all about extracting as much money as the public will bear. In that sense JPMorgan is one of the best managed (profitable) banks, the current fiasco included. They have made their shareholders and employees a ton of money over the years. Since the beginning of 1984, djusting for splits and dividends, $2.84 is now worth $36. On the other hand, $34.44 invested in 2006, when Dimon took over as CEO, is now worth $35.79 or up about 3%, while the same investment in the S&P 500 Index Fund - SPY - is up about (25% -110.02 vs. 134.11). So even under the return to shareholder definition, they don't seem to have been very well manged of late.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't forget that JP Morgan also manages food stamps and unemployment accounts. So, that might also be why he's praising them.

Don't wanna give the neocons fuel for their endless rage, but this is true.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
For public companies it is all about extracting as much money as the public will bear. In that sense JPMorgan is one of the best managed (profitable) banks, the current fiasco included. They have made their shareholders and employees a ton of money over the years. Since the beginning of 1984, djusting for splits and dividends, $2.84 is now worth $36. On the other hand, $34.44 invested in 2006, when Dimon took over as CEO, is now worth $35.79 or up about 3%, while the same investment in the S&P 500 Index Fund - SPY - is up about (25% -110.02 vs. 134.11). So even under the return to shareholder definition, they don't seem to have been very well manged of late.

X2
star for agreement,
the banks have directed the politicans to pork us and both left and right jumped to take the cash
it depends on what you cal profit

xp

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, what can people expect coming from the dog mouth, he will never bite the hands that feed him.

Get it all in your minds once and for all, Wall street runs Washington and nobody should expect any type of regulations coming from the crooks that make the laws, because they are not going to change

If by this time people have not gotten the message of how corrupted our political system is they never will, and for ever will be waiting for that Saviour that will liberate them all.

edit on 14-5-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
in a media culture, the potus has to appear in public to be confident in any company, especially a publicly owned too big to fail bank

I'm sure the message behind closed doors was very different

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Nice video!

I wish we could find a way to organize that same speech on every block in America!

Thanks

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well of course Obama would think that JP Morgan is one of the best managed banks there is. I mean after all, they've only lost and mismanaged $2 billion, Obama has lost and mismanaged what, $7 trillion since taking office? Compared to Obama's mismanagement JP Morgan is the most efficient investors and spenders in the world.

Obama probably only wishes that he could manage money as well as JP Morgan.

Obama is spending money like a drunken sailor in the red light district after an 18 month sea deployment. I swear if we don't get this friggin hypocritical tyrant and his gestapo out of DC we are going to end up in a world of hurt and our children and grandchildren will have to suffer the consequences of the stupidity of our generation.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
seems like yet another "don't panic" speech from the pres. we're rolling down hill like a snowball headed for hell and our elected officials can do nothing but tell us everything is fine and don't panic. i'm unsure if this remains the best approach since sooner or later we will see the cliff ahead and then what?

i think they should be doing more to help us realize our old way of life is over and it's time to learn how to do things ourselves, because the resources we have been accustomed to are a thing of the past.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Well of course Obama would think that JP Morgan is one of the best managed banks there is. I mean after all, they've only lost and mismanaged $2 billion, Obama has lost and mismanaged what, $7 trillion since taking office? Compared to Obama's mismanagement JP Morgan is the most efficient investors and spenders in the world.

Obama probably only wishes that he could manage money as well as JP Morgan.

Obama is spending money like a drunken sailor in the red light district after an 18 month sea deployment. I swear if we don't get this friggin hypocritical tyrant and his gestapo out of DC we are going to end up in a world of hurt and our children and grandchildren will have to suffer the consequences of the stupidity of our generation.

What a large pile of crap you have shoved between your ears -

Last I checked, the presidency does not have the power of the purse, but if we wanna
keep up that standard

Last month was the first reported budget surplus in 4 years... Employment keeps moving in the
right direction - Exports are up over 30% - Housing market is coming back, the auto industry is
KICKING ASSHOLES -

We are fixing the stupidity of a generation - you're several years late

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Anyone else expect that the software that runs the trades is where all the money is going?

That the high speed trades, with things actually settled later on, maybe has a bunch of holes in it and is too big or too closed to scrutiny for anyone to get in there and point a finger?

I don't know. I'm just seriously bummed about everything today. To me, things are just looking really horrid.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Do you really have to start your rebuttal with a sad attempt at an insult?

Perhaps I touched a nerve? Or perhaps you are one of those people that resort to insults and put downs when you are faced with the fact that you have no basis to stand on?

Well you claim that the housing market is "coming back". Really?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Homeownership in the U.S. fell to its lowest rate in 15 years during the first quarter as more delinquent borrowers lost their homes to foreclosure, forcing many to rent.

CNN housing market data

You sat that the auto industry is "kicking assholes".

Here's data that shows that overall the big 5 US auto industry is down a total of over 16% since 2002, not to mention the fact that 80% of GM is now owned by Fiat which means that GM is no more an American auto company than Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, or any of the other imports.

US auto sales
Pay close attention to the Big 5 chart at the bottom of the page that shows the decline since 2002.

You claim that last year there was a "budget surplus for the first time in 4 years". Really?!!

If that's true then why did the deficit grow by $2 trillion last year?

Here's a link that will help you keep track of that "surplus".

US Debt Clock

Yup, I see that surplus is really pulling down the national debt!

You say that unemployment is improving yet you fail to realize that a lot of the reason that unemployment numbers have been declining is because more and more people are losing their benefits which kiss part of how the Dept. of Labor gets their figures. You also have to factor in the people that are "under employees" working part time jobs.

"Factoring in those discouraged adults and others working part time for lack of full time opportunities, the unemployment rate is about 14.5 percent. Adding college graduates in low-skill positions, like counterwork at Starbucks, and the unemployment rate is likely closer to 18 percent," writes Peter Morici .

The real unemployment numbers

You say that the US exports are "up over 30%" yet you fail to look at the data in its broken down form to.see what is being exported. First of all, what do we manufacture in the US to actually export? Very, very little since so many of our jobs are outsourced, especially manufacturing jobs. The 30% increase in exports is largely due to the fact that Iran has cut off its oil supply to European nations and now the US oil companies have been exporting almost 40% more oil and gas over the last 7 months because gas and oil has been historically higher in Europe for the last several decades and the oil companies can generate higher profits for the same effort by doing this. This is also responsible in part for the increase in gas in the US.

I know this for a fact because even with all this crap that's stuffed between my ears I work in the oil industry.

Perhaps if you would stop with the partisan anal kissing and wake up and realize that both parties, Republicrat and Democan are corrupt and only seek to further the oppressionary government agenda then you would no longer be blinded by your love of a political party that is in league with the other party to pit the American people against each other and keep us fighting amongst ourselves over political ideals, class lines and racial divide so that they can both screw us and destroy our future.

When you are able to do that then you will realize that I nor any other American citizen is not your enemy. The enemy and the true threat to your liberty, finances, and way of life are the politicians that you are so quick to defend as they are doing all they can do to make you a virtual slave to them and their agenda.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have all that data as been part of the market data thread, but like I said in my last post, people for ever will be dreaming about the" Saviour" that will take them from the financial oblivion

The government data is the most sugar coated, corrupted and misleading but many just put on their colored glasses and keep drinking the koolaid.

Remember Bush when he used to come live on TV and tell the people that the nations economy was fine and that our nation was prosperous, well I guess when 2008 market crash happen thanks to the ones like JP Morgan scam people still could not shed the glass colored glasses.

Great post.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! many have not clue that our markets are run by nothing but easy to tamper electronic man made machines that will be tweaked to do what the humans wants them to do.

Liquidity is none existent in wall street anymore, swaps still control the markets and we are in deep crap thanks to corruption, all that volume in the markets is now questionable and the numbers are nothing but that numbers on monitors, no real liquidity passes hands anymore

Very convenient for the crooks to manipulate in their advantage.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Do you really have to start your rebuttal with a sad attempt at an insult?

Perhaps I touched a nerve? Or perhaps you are one of those people that resort to insults and put downs when you are faced with the fact that you have no basis to stand on?

Perhaps you are full of crap and I despise your lies? You prey upon negativity and peoples fears to
propagate your your lies. It is people like you that are the biggest depressive force in this country with your perpetual conflation that panders to peoples worst fears...

Well you claim that the housing market is "coming back". Really?

Yes Really, the issuing of building permits are at their highest levels since 2008,
Sales of owner occupied homes are at their highest
levels since 2007 - Two of the most IMPORTANT pieces of real estate data to measure the
strength of a real estate market, and you ignore both

So if you are an honest broker and debater, why did you ignore these numbers?
You are not above anything, again, you are pandering to peoples fears which is
arguably the easiest way to manipulate other people. Again, why are you promoting
negative data, when there is much more pertinent positive data to weigh?

Here's data that shows that overall the big 5 US auto industry is down a total of over 16% since 2002, not to mention the fact that 80% of GM is now owned by Fiat which means that GM is no more an American auto company than Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, or any of the other imports.

Oh, 2002

Jeez dude
going a decade back to prove that America is worse off
-
REALLY??? You are NOT an honest broker - if America is dying today, why
are industries clocking stronger then pre crash gains? I bet you are gonna ignore
the positive data below so you can cling to your negativity. Never mind that sales
are happening and people are working, huh? We need a negativity fest so we can get
the communist, illegal alien, black panther out of office

Americans bought 1.4 million cars and trucks in March, up 13 per cent from the same month a year ago. Edmunds.com said was the most vehicles sold since August 2007.
If sales stayed at March's pace all year, annual sales would reach 14.4 million, according to Autodata Corp. That's a faster pace than predicted just two months ago and builds on the strong performance seen in January and February.

You claim that last year there was a "budget surplus for the first time in 4 years". Really?!!

If that's true then why did the deficit grow by $2 trillion last year?

I must ask you REALLY???

Is a 56 Billion dollar surplus a negative thing, REALLY???

Never mind that it the first such news in YEARS

So whatever man, you are keen to keep America down by spreading fear and
promoting negative every chance you get... When this country comes back
in a big way you are gonna have nothing to pivot to, but I'm sure you'll try.
edit on 15-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join