It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Atheism So Miserably Negative ???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123
It's because of people like you.

You don't see atheists preaching and trying to convert people

The God Delusion.

The above quote is a complete lie. There are plenty of atheists out there who seek to destroy theistic belief entirely; Dawkins is probably the supreme example, as the above linked book demonstrates.

Not all atheists are like this, no; there are plenty of them out there who are as decent and compassionate as anyone else, and who just don't think about God at all.

They aren't the problem. The problem are the minority of crusaders. The vicious, angry, arrogant, chest beating, science-worshipping triumphalists.

They do not own science. They have, in many ways, done enormous and potentially irreperable harm to human thought, by attempting to break thought itself down into a set of pre-defined, pre-packaged primitives (meme theory) which really isn't that far at all from Orwell's Newspeak.

For more than any other reason, however, it is their treason against humanity concerning the September 11th, 2001 attacks, that are the real reason why I maintain any outrage at all towards atheists. The American government does not need to do any of its' own work whatsoever in maintaining its' lies about 9/11; the atheist community works tirelessly and brutally to ensure that nobody is permitted to believe anything about the attacks, that deviate in any way from the government's account.
edit on 14-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The people you are unhappy with are those who forcefully push their perspectives on others.

There are Christians who do this.

There are atheists who do this.

There are Baltimore Ravens fans who do this.

It's a matter of a person's behavior, not their belief that bothers you. Don't over-generalize.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

If you want to go down that road, saying my quote was a complete lie, is aslo 'complete' lie'

Yes Richard Dawkins is a good example of an atheist preaching. But you DO NOT see people like Richard Dawkins standing in your town center shouting (annoyingly) about how God does not exist. He hires venues and invites people if they are interested. He's not in public aggravating us as we go about our daily lives. People like him DO NOT knock on our doors and try to convert us, people like him DO NOT tell us we will burn in hell for not believing him.

As I said in my earlier post, If the brain washed stopped trying to brain wash everyone else, atheists probably wouldn't be so negative in the 1st place.

And besides, Richard Dawkins has a reason for preaching 'reality' - He was obviously fed up with dealing with religious people preaching his entire life. Maybe the phrase "If you can't beat them, join them' meant a little more to him ironically.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

It's because of people like you.

You don't see atheists preaching and trying to convert people

The God Delusion.

The above quote is a complete lie. There are plenty of atheists out there who seek to destroy theistic belief entirely; Dawkins is probably the supreme example, as the above linked book demonstrates.

Not all atheists are like this, no; there are plenty of them out there who are as decent and compassionate as anyone else, and who just don't think about God at all.

They aren't the problem. The problem are the minority of crusaders. The vicious, angry, arrogant, chest beating, science-worshipping triumphalists.

They do not own science. They have, in many ways, done enormous and potentially irreperable harm to human thought, by attempting to break thought itself down into a set of pre-defined, pre-packaged primitives (meme theory) which really isn't that far at all from Orwell's Newspeak.

For more than any other reason, however, it is their treason against humanity concerning the September 11th, 2001 attacks, that are the real reason why I maintain any outrage at all towards atheists. The American government does not need to do any of its' own work whatsoever in maintaining its' lies about 9/11; the atheist community works tirelessly and brutally to ensure that nobody is permitted to believe anything about the attacks, that deviate in any way from the government's account.
edit on 14-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

BAM!! Someone with a clue .And a link . TY
I would link "The Bible Is Bullsh5t with Penn and Telle"r or multi-celebrity production s which are not only outward promotion of atheist beleifs but blatant attacks upon people of any 'faith' .

But my computer refuses to serve any of the evil diatribe as a link to this site . others should Go check it out , because there obviously is an very serious issue indeed going on here

They are inlaying hatred and prejudice to the modern populace on the net , big time . Is this the/a motive/?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wait a minute , a bunch of Islamic fundamentalists run planes into the WTC and somehow it's all atheists fault?

And people wonder why many atheists are hostile to religion.

WTF????

That's about one of the stupidest things I've ever heard regarding the theist stupid rants against atheists.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I think you could see but you dont want to . You have join the dots for what has been said now above. I dont think its beyond you either .The fact is it was Old Testament and Christian prophecies which were being fulfilled on 9/11 . As you said , I beleive , as or more violent than the quran .
Actually its very simple . You wouldnt have to be in the FBI to work it out . There's a bible only a matter of yards from you right now .
Check out revelation chapter 18 if you dare to . Pour more scorn if you be fool enough , so be it .

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I do not see a single good reason in the world to believe in a god that no one ever has been able to prove it exists, that is supposedly so all good with everybody but yet you have to fear to go to hell if you're not doing what it wants, and (worse maybe?) in the name of whom some people on earth kill others because they don't believe in the same god.

And that too... The same god? So all religions are believing in the same one then? I mean, if there has to be only one, then certainly, of two things, one is true: either all the rest are terribly wrong, or everybody is wrong to think that they have the only god for them...

Seriously...

When I read things like the OP, I really am so glad to be an atheist. What on earth can drive somebody into so much senseless and blind hatred?

This thread could be named "Why is religion so miserably intolerant". It may not be true, in general, but at least it would be much more like the OP.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

If you think that guy from the OT, the jealous, demanding to be worshiped, foreskin lusting, woman hating, murderous impostor is GOD, then yeah, I'm an atheist.

If it walked on the earth, asked for animal and human sacrifices, preformed acts in present time, like speaking, writing and flying around in a pillar of fire, it's not GOD.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I see about as many religious people slandering atheists as I do athiests slandering religious people.

"What? You don't have proof of your God? Then you're ignorant, and I hate you".
"What? You don't believe in God? Then you're going to hell, and I hate you".

-.-
You're as bad as each other.

I believe the Universe is a self created and conscious entity. Big bang plus God theory. Woo!

You believe in God? Good for you. Don't force it on me, and I am HAPPY you have something to believe in.
You don't believe in God? Good for you. Don't force it on me, and I am HAPPY you are a logical thinker.

Why can't everyone get along? ^.^

You can believe in multiple Gods, if you want, or intelligent extra terrestials who are to blame for our existence, or f**king pink rabbits who created the cosmos with the cotton of their tails, man. What does it matter what someone else believes?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
I am an atheist yet I agree with you. I personally always have an open-minded approach to religions, as I must have with Physic's new theories.
United, our minds can find the truth.

Really?

How do we stop war?
Atheist: Protest. Just say no.
Religious: Pray to god.

How do we protect the planet:
Atheist: Plant trees.
Religious: Pray to god.

How do we stop government tyranny?
Atheist: Protest.
Religious: Forgive. Pray to god.

Why is there so much crime?
Atheist: Mental imbalance. Childhood conditioning...
Religious: Satan. Pray to god.

As a people we will never be united.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakherlegs
What does it matter what someone else believes?

When a belief is held by a majority it becomes a reflection on that society. The bull is sacred in India, but dogs taste delicious in Korea. Tattoos are mainstream in the U.S., and the scientific community stands firm in its belief in the Big Bang.

I don't know how these beliefs affect each society, but I do know that the belief in a mystical magical biblical being is an insult to mankind's intelligence. The idea is absurd, embarrassing, and it takes great minds away from searching for answers to real problems in the real world.

The belief in a biblical god - I want it stopped!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Basically, complete atheism and complete religious minds seem to be both too extreme. I believe that the current correct... philosophy, is missing.
Physics predicts the existence of a infinite number of universes which covers all possibilities. That means there is one universe in which you and me have unlimited supply of Pepsi. One universe in which Hitler won the war. One universe in which the Empire is Striking Back. Everything really means everything. Well, one universe exists in which God lives. It's bound to happen if you cover all the possibilities.
Now, did this God created our universe and us? Geez, I am not that old, I can't tell you. But what I know is, complex life and critical thinking certainly didn't pop up following a complete set of accidents. The maths involved are simply improbable.
Instead of warring with each other, religious folks should have a more open mind to unorthodox views (God exists and nothing else, physics has it all wrong, God created everything), and physicists a less narrow-minded view of things (God don't exist, every remote references must be denied even if it has logic).
We must combine our knowledge, not oppose them one with another. Remember, we don't know the truth yet. No one has.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
To answer this thread in another way, the majority of atheistic thinking is based on negative assertions or premises.

"God does not exist."
"UFOs do not exist."
"Alternative forms of power generation do not exist."
"9/11 was not an inside job."

Atheistic thinking, therefore, is generally defined by what can not be done, or what is not possible, or what does not exist. It usually applies to all of their thinking, pretty much across the board. It's the reason why in virtually all cases, anyone engaging in debunking of something will be an atheist.

They will usually try and claim that this is because they are more rational, or scientifically minded, etc; but the real reason behind it is generally a combination of narrow mindedness, a lack of real intelligence, and arrogance.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Basically, complete atheism and complete religious minds seem to be both too extreme. I believe that the current correct... philosophy, is missing.
Physics predicts the existence of a infinite number of universes which covers all possibilities. That means there is one universe in which you and me have unlimited supply of Pepsi. One universe in which Hitler won the war. One universe in which the Empire is Striking Back. Everything really means everything. Well, one universe exists in which God lives. It's bound to happen if you cover all the possibilities.
Now, did this God created our universe and us? Geez, I am not that old, I can't tell you. But what I know is, complex life and critical thinking certainly didn't pop up following a complete set of accidents. The maths involved are simply improbable.
Instead of warring with each other, religious folks should have a more open mind to unorthodox views (God exists and nothing else, physics has it all wrong, God created everything), and physicists a less narrow-minded view of things (God don't exist, every remote references must be denied even if it has logic).
We must combine our knowledge, not oppose them one with another. Remember, we don't know the truth yet. No one has.

Well, that multiverse theory (along with other dimensions) is a lot to swallow seeing as it implies that we could smash into an edge of our own universe, or just pop into another dimension. It's fine if people just want to play with that idea, but I wouldn't want anyone to stake their career on it.

As for the idea of a perfect god - not gonna happen. No such thing as god (as defined by religions), and there's not even a state of perfection. Both premises are impossible.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

TextI'd really love to see those Hollywood atheists ,( in a hypotheitcal experiment of course -lol) like those linked , set adrift on a tiny life-raft in heavy seas with all all the chances of survival that go with it , ( about 1 in 50 ) and see if after a couple of days of being freezing , wet and very cold , they didnt start praying in there . I would laugh so much at the pathetic worms there asking for forgiveness and if there was any chance , "please God ...

TextKing James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

It's fuu y how God used the same term to describe Jacob and Israel , to show how truly insignificant we really are . Only when we become weak and trust in God do we become truly strong . If you trust in Gd with all your heart there is nothing to fear and death will be a welcome relief from this flesh body .

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

If you want to go down that road, saying my quote was a complete lie, is aslo 'complete' lie'

Yes Richard Dawkins is a good example of an atheist preaching. But you DO NOT see people like Richard Dawkins standing in your town center shouting (annoyingly) about how God does not exist. He hires venues and invites people if they are interested. He's not in public aggravating us as we go about our daily lives. People like him DO NOT knock on our doors and try to convert us, people like him DO NOT tell us we will burn in hell for not believing him.

As I said in my earlier post, If the brain washed stopped trying to brain wash everyone else, atheists probably wouldn't be so negative in the 1st place.

And besides, Richard Dawkins has a reason for preaching 'reality' - He was obviously fed up with dealing with religious people preaching his entire life. Maybe the phrase "If you can't beat them, join them' meant a little more to him ironically.

So you are proud of the fact atheists don't really force their views on people , maybe a few radicle ones .

Live up to your screen name Openears and learn , I bet you are young ....anyway ....... Atheism I. The western world has been more evangelized and in your face that any religion going and this is FACT. The theory of evelution is the religion of atheism and your priests the scientists you place at the altar sacrificing the truth .

The atheist agenda is so wide spread in the west it is taught in every school from pre school to collage , it is on every nature show in some form, but yet it is not preached to is says the wiseman .....CLOSED EARS . If you think for one second the unprovable theory of evelution is not being forced on us, in the most aggressive way by the atheist then you are so very wrong . I call evelution the dogma of the atheist religion because it takes way more faith to believe that lode of dung, than to believe in God who has proved Himself through His letter to you the BIBLE.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: Spell

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

I thank god for Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens. They are/were the voice of reason in a blind and ignorant world. Someone has to speak out against the tyranny of the biblical intolerance and ignorance.

The atheist agenda is so wide spread in the west it is taught in every school from pre school to collage , it is on every nature show in some form, but yet it is not preached to is says the wiseman .....CLOSED EARS . If you think for one second the unprovable theory of evelution is not being forced on us, in the most aggressive way by the atheist then you are so very wrong . I call evelution the dogma of the atheist religion because it takes way more faith to believe that lode of dung, than to believe in God who has proved Himself through His letter to you the BIBLE.

Evolution and god can co-exist. Creationism, as a literal translation from the Bible is a load of crap and can be debunked handily.

Atheism is a natural and proper stance, until the spirit is revealed. Only then can the true spirit of faith and hope arise. An empty cup can contain so much more than one half full of day old coffee.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Still according to physic's most recent theory of multiverses, Anything (including a perfect God as defined by the Bible) exists. And that's what, even I, can't swallow. It's simply just too simple of an explanation. Yet the maths are undeniable... I just can't wrap my head around it. ANYTHING is possible... from my worst nightmare to my biggest dream. All it would take is a black hole or a wormhole so you could jump between multiverses... I just can't believe it. Something must be wrong, right? It's too easy.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'll stand up and say it, I'm an Atheist!

I don't stand here to preach or to convert, nor to take the moral high ground or to show pride or to belittle anyone.

My belief is my own and I feel that whatever you believe it is a personal thing, it is your own belief.. that's great but keep it to yourself. I don't go for preaching on any side of the debate.

I want to express my true belief in that we should all LIVE AND LET LIVE, regardless of differences, whatever those differences are. We shouldn't "have" to "LOVE" our neighbour but respect them and leave them in peace to do their own thing. Care for and respect your neighbour, show human compassion towards them, treat them as you'd expect to be treated yourself.

Very similar in fact to those words attributed to Jesus in the Christian Bible.

Only human beings can find hatred and argument from words of love. It's a sad thing. It doesn't matter what we believe as long we all get along.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Still according to physic's most recent theory of multiverses, Anything (including a perfect God as defined by the Bible) exists. And that's what, even I, can't swallow. It's simply just too simple of an explanation. Yet the maths are undeniable... I just can't wrap my head around it. ANYTHING is possible... from my worst nightmare to my biggest dream. All it would take is a black hole or a wormhole so you could jump between multiverses... I just can't believe it. Something must be wrong, right? It's too easy.

Yup, but the problem is in the math itself. Mathematicians with powerful minds have worked out that our universe is a holographic image spewed out from a black hole. Like, REALLY???

We could say that 2 goblins plus 2 goblins = 4 goblins, but that doesn't mean that goblins are real! lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join