It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13% in U.S. foreign-born, a level last seen in 1920

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Legal Residents

The legally resident immigrant population as defined for these estimates includes all persons who were granted lawful permanent residence; granted asylee sta-tus; admitted as refugees; or admitted as nonimmigrants for a temporary stay in the United States and not required to leave by January 1, 2010. Nonimmigrant residents refer to certain aliens who were legally admit-ted temporarily to the United States for specified time periods such as students and temporary workers.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
40 million that doesn't raise any questions at all for people?

No, someone who became a citizen 20 years ago would still be considered foreign born. In the 70's and 80's there were around 200,000 naturalizations a year and now it is said to be close to a million. Throw in all the resident aliens, work and student visas and 10 million illegals and it sounds about right.

link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yeah right sounds just like a sanctuary city if laws are not enforced then everything is legal.

link   

yep, not reasonable, in fact, an act of treason

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With your logic there would be no Illegal immigrants to list on the census report. But there are...

link   
The fact still remains that job creation and opportunity is being outpaced with immigration too many eggs in the basket and a lot are being broken.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Do you even now what naturalization is? It means legally becoming a US citizen. It is the law so how is it not following the law?

You keep saying you have no problem with those who immigrate legally, well those who do were born outside the US and are now legally in the US and they total 30 million. It isn't that hard to understand.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
He's resorted to talking in circles like he does every thread he is proved wrong in.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

How bout losing the personal attacks eh?

The topic:

13% in U.S. foreign-born, a level last seen in 1920

Or is all you can do is denigrate other posters on here?

edit on 11-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But the OP clearly stated that

not a single one of us have any problems with immigration when it is done legally

Well 30 million from the number quoted have done it legally so you shouldn't have a problem with them but since you also assumed that

40 million foreign born nationals are living in the United States and what I would say are illegal

you can't seem to bring yourself to admit that you created the OP in knee jerk fashion.
edit on 11-5-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

link   
Come on guys.......Personal attacks again?

Regardless if you don't like someones view on the subject,EVERYONE has their right to voice their opinion.

The problem we have is that there is too many hands,held out,and not enough jobs to support the nanny state. Its Just that simple. Not just immigration,but an overall lack of any problem solving.

We need leadership that can tackle the problems,instead of sidestepping the issues.Unfortunately, our children's,children,will be left to deal with it.

Its out of control,actually. If you believe its not,you are deluded.

S&F
edit on 11-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: fix

link   
13% is low compared to Canada and Australia. Especially if illegals are figured into that number.
I would have thought the percent would have been higher

Canada has 20% foreign born, and last I heard about Australia, they sit at about 26%
Canada has to actively go out and seek foreigners at times, we don't have enough children to replace those that die off...

Australia is probably like Canada in that way.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't see how stating your methods of debate is a personal attack, but whatevs.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

How many times do i have to say this the lines of legal have been blurred in this country for the past 3 and a half years the census beareau was moved so naturally some people will have a problem with it.

You don't which you have clearly expressed so how many times are you going to keep arguing a position that was already made clear?

You think i am wrong.

I don't

move the hell on.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But they still have the stats of people that immigrated legally prior to this 3.5 years you keep bringing up and I'm sure ICE and/or DHS keeps the number of legally admitted so it isn't as if the numbers are meaningless.

I also pointed out that you use these stats as proof in the OP but now you're trying to say that they are suspect. This either invalidates the OP and my argument or neither, you can't have it both ways.

Edit to add: What does "the lines of legal have been blurred" supposed to mean?

edit on 11-5-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You should come and look at europe. There has been a concerted effort since WW2 to destroy the nation states, and convert them to EU regions. The given supposedly benign reason for this was to prevent another european war. The main method seems to have been to flood us with immigrants, in an attempt to make us all into an ethnic 'grey goo', but unfortunately we brits remain doggedly british, the frogs are still delightfully defiantly french, the greeks are still, well, greek, and the grand plan is hopefully sinking in the rising tide of nationalism.
The US rebuilt germany after we jointly kicked the crap out of them, and they have been attempting to enforce the fourth reich ever since. Through the mechanism of the Euro, germany, which has retained its industrial base while insisting that we destroy ours, has waxed fat on the exports made possible by incorporating greece, spain, portugal, ireland etc, into the euro currency, depressing the value of that common currency.
It appears to me that there is also a bigger plan, the one world government, waiting in the wings for the moment when the current political insanity leads to mass civil rebellion. A nation's population can rise against its government, but what can be done against a whole world government? If that ever comes about, we are slaves forever.
It also occurs to me that the primary means by which we are being disposessed is MONEY. Since the abandonment of the gold standard, money is now worthless. When the rothschilds and the windsors et al have finished accumulating these imaginary numbers in their computers, we simply need to tell them that we no longer recognise these imaginary numbers as having any actual meaning, and re-instate real gold standard currency.
I'm obviously no economist, I'm just trying to throw a ball into the park and get us thinking, instead of doing 'rabbit transfixed by NWO headlights'.
There is a tiny minority attempting to enslave us all, and by our inaction we are consenting.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm one of the 13%, I'm legal, and I don't get treated any different to any other American because of it. I served in your military, and disabled because of it.

I do live in Cali though...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sorry Neo,
Your claim is that 40 million immigrants are illegal and it just simply isn't true, no blurring of lines here. The estimate of illegals here in the US is 10 million out of 40 million, that makes 30 million legal. Which by the way is down from 13 million illegals since Obama took office.

You're concerned about not enough jobs and you're looking for a liberal cause to blame, and that's disingenuous. Sometimes the party line needs to be dropped and crap called for what it is. The so called Conservatives in government and Big Business have absolutely no issue with giving American jobs to "foreigners" it just happens to also be in foreign lands. Well except for the ones that are being flooded into our Private Prisons. Incidentally the so called Liberals in government don't seem to give a crap either and the lobbyists don't give a crap about the D or R next to a name.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

40 million foreign born nationals are living in the United States and what I would say are illegal of course the article does not say they are legal they clearly label foreign and native born.

I really do love people who CAN'T READ

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

40 million foreign born nationals are living in the United States and what I would say are illegal of course the article does not say they are legal they clearly label foreign and native born.

I really do love people who CAN'T READ

Come on, I already posted the link to the report that the piece is based on and they state that they included both legals and illegals. You have nothing but your flawed assumption.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join