It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bad news Paul supporters: Ron Paul polling low in his home state of Texas

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by DelMarvel

So, what would you like to happen? Always seems like people who don't like Ron Paul really don't have any suggestions on how to fix things.

reply to post by DelMarvel

Material that Ron Paul bashers would like to attach to him you mean.

Ron Paul is the one that put his name on that crap. I just got done having one Pauler tell me that Paul took "moral responsibility for it" and you are saying it is stuff other people are doing to him? Odd that you would both have such differing realities. Now I am not sure who to believe. Did he take moral responsibility or does he have nothing to do with it? Can you guys get Ron to get his story straight so you guys can get yours straight?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

Are all supporters of Ron Paul clones? Perhaps some of us have various opinions on things?

Originally posted by muse7
Ron Paul fans remind me of the cult following and worship that Kim Jong-Il received in North Korea.

Only a matter of time before they stop using "Dr. Paul" and they start using "The Dear Leader"

Ron Paul can do no wrong! He's the savior of humanity!

How is the HOPE and CHANGE working out for you? Oh ya, its Bush's fault, right?

Funny how all you lefties have it out for Ron Paul (and in before you all state your not on the left, not fooling anyone with that)

edit on 13-5-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What everyone seems to be forgetting about is that the race isn't about poll results and non-binding caucus and state primary results, it is about the delegate count. As has been referenced previously there is an almost fictional creature called an enthusiastic Romney supporter. I'll be able to tell you after June 7-9 how much support Ron Paul has in Texas.
I'll be going as a county delegate to the state convention. Of the 100 delegates and alternates from my county I know for a fact 50+ of them are Ron Paul supporters. There are a few staunch Gingrich and Santorum supporters in the group and the rest were Old Guard GOP that just support whoever they are told to.
If the rest of Texas runs about the same as my county, then Ron Paul is gonna sweep the delegates and as per Rule 38 of the National Party Rules none of the delegates are bound and are free to vote their conscience. So you can pretty much ignore the straw votes and just follow the state and congressional district conventions that actually elect the delegates.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal

Originally posted by The Old American
The Constitution doesn't confer or withhold rights from anyone. It only protects rights we have as human beings from infringement by the government.

/TOA

Maybe you. You must be a white male. How nice for you. It does jack squat to protect my rights on the same level and I am pretty sure I am just as human as you.

Poor little victim. Whoa is me. I'm a minority so my rights have automatically been abridged. Tell that to a white guy that can't get a spot at a university because he's white. Stop being a victim and be a leader.

/TOA

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
This concern has not been addressed by the OP or any other member that has jumped on the anti-Paul bandwagon in this thread, and I suspect it won't be.

Look, why don't you find us another poll from an impartial enough source showing us where Paul leads Romney in Texas, please.

You also seem to want to brush away the other facts about Paul's last two presidential runs. He didn't win even his own districts in either of them. I mean seriously?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

This concern has not been addressed by the OP or any other member that has jumped on the anti-Paul bandwagon in this thread, and I suspect it won't be.

Look, why don't you find us another poll from an impartial enough source showing us where Paul leads Romney in Texas, please.

You also seem to want to brush away the other facts about Paul's last two presidential runs. He didn't win even his own districts in either of them. I mean seriously?

It's a valid question, SG. He was behind when there were 4 candidates. Two candidates have dropped out. What is the tally now? If you don't have that information, fine. But you've presented facts that are 2 months old as relevant to today's polls.

/TOA

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Poor little victim. Whoa is me. I'm a minority so my rights have automatically been abridged.

Can you read?
Where in any of my posts did I say anything like that? Do you understand what I am saying at all? This response says no.

Tell that to a white guy that can't get a spot at a university because he's white. Stop being a victim and be a leader.

/TOA

Oh noes! A white guy that cannot get into university. Awwwwe. lol. Cry me a river. Then tell me what that has to do with this. I thought we were discussing the constitution?
edit on 14-5-2012 by Autumnal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Are all supporters of Ron Paul clones? Perhaps some of us have various opinions on things?

Different opinions I would expect, not different realities.
You understand the difference between having a different opinion and a different set of "facts" don't you?
Ron Paul either took responsibility or he did not have anything to do with them at all. It is not a matter of opinion but one of fact. Now can you guys pick which one is supposed to be the factual one?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
the lefties fear Ron Paul because he has the power to completely dominate the independent vote, where-as Romney has no chance in hell of winning it, at best splitting. It's just amazing to me how lately alot of Anti-Paul garbo has been posted here lately, wouldn't shock me if some of these people are working for some of these clowns

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ron Paul fans remind me of the cult following and worship that Kim Jong-Il received in North Korea.

Only a matter of time before they stop using "Dr. Paul" and they start using "The Dear Leader"

Funny how all you lefties have it out for Ron Paul (and in before you all state your not on the left, not fooling anyone with that)

Actually, yeah it kinda is Bush's fault. With the senseless spending on warfare, tax cuts for the wealthy, and lack of regulations on Wall Street...I'd say yeah....a little bit of the problem goes directly into Bush's responsibility.

Oh and it's you're*

Also, many of us aren't on the "left." We just don't agree with a majority of politicians.

We get it though. Paul is a savior. All praise the guy from Texas who also delivered 4000 babies. He must be a God!
edit on 14-5-2012 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Show me where I stated that Ron Paul is the savior, the messiah? Go ahead and look through my posts - you won't find it. I am sure some Ron Paul supporters do think that, but you can't base that and declare all his supporters are like that.

Yes, Bush had his part to play, but so did Obama, Clinton and many presidents in past decades. These economic problems have been developing for decades. Would be nice once in awhile that the left doesn't act like their crap doesn't stink....and you are more then welcome to go through this post to point out any spelling / grammatical errors. (I am quite sure I likely made a few)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Of course you would never say Ron Paul's support comes from the pro-Constitutional voting blocks.

You don't seem to have thought through what the real implications of his extreme Constitutionalism would be.

And I'll tell you right now, the Constitution would be followed.

I have thought it through many times since I am one of the minority groups that very constitution refused rights from. I am not really all that interested in going back to a time when I cannot vote or own land.

Ummmm...The Constitution is what GIVES you the right to vote and own land. Without the Constitution it would STILL be only white males who had the vote.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
the lefties fear Ron Paul because he has the power to completely dominate the independent vote, where-as Romney has no chance in hell of winning it, at best splitting. It's just amazing to me how lately alot of Anti-Paul garbo has been posted here lately, wouldn't shock me if some of these people are working for some of these clowns

Of COURSE there are paid shills here.

However...let's not blame "the lefty's". Historically speaking, I would be considered a "lefty" because I am remarkably anti-war, anti-police, and staunchly opposed to The War on Drugs, find the act of lobbying to be nothing other than institutionally-endorsed bribery, believe that there is NEVER an excuse for giving up civil liberties, and think we should lock up lots and lots of CEO's and banksters who have abused the system and then promptly throw away the key. Likewise, I have also long-believed that SOMETHING must be done about the student loan racket.

During the Bush Administration I was frequently accused of being an "Unpatriotic Communist" for holding these views.

Did I vote for Obama? Sure...but the reason I voted for him is largely because I was appalled at the Bush Admin's illegal wars, subversion of the Constitution, and crony-capitalism disguised as being "free market" economics. Although admittedly, the nail the in the coffin was Sarah Palin. Not so much because she might be the DUMBEST voice in politics in the last 1,000 yrs or so...but because it indicated to me that McCain made his choice more upon hoping she would steal votes from Hillary than upon any qualifications to hold the second-highest office in the land and I simply do not take kindly to our countries leaders playing silly popularity contests when it's at the expense of my children's future.

Really the anti-Paul crowd are pretty much simply the brainwashed who have been following instructions from the Dems and GOP for so long, they cannot bring themselves to think critically about the situation. There is a HELL OF A LOT MORE for a "lefty" and "righty" BOTH to love in Ron Paul than any of the schmucks we have had in office since Kennedy.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Actually, yeah it kinda is Bush's fault. With the senseless spending on warfare, tax cuts for the wealthy, and lack of regulations on Wall Street...I'd say yeah....a little bit of the problem goes directly into Bush's responsibility.

Oh and it's you're*

Also, many of us aren't on the "left." We just don't agree with a majority of politicians.

We get it though. Paul is a savior. All praise the guy from Texas who also delivered 4000 babies. He must be a God!
edit on 14-5-2012 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

Well...if you don't agree with the majority of politicians...why then do not support Ron Paul? He stands apart from the GOP and Dems ALIKE. I certainly don't agree with RP on EVERY ISSUE. I personally think he's dead wrong about abortion. However...I'm pretty sure the only candidate I would ever agree with 100% on all issues is myself. And I gotta say...I don't think I'm personally very electable.

So what's wrong with siding with a guy that you agree with on 90% of things when I agree with roughly 0% of the official "party lines" of both GOP and Dems? There is a difference between choosing "the lesser of two evils" and in voting for a guy that you think has the right idea on all but only a handful of issues at most.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Poor little victim. Whoa is me. I'm a minority so my rights have automatically been abridged.

Can you read?
Where in any of my posts did I say anything like that? Do you understand what I am saying at all? This response says no.

Tell that to a white guy that can't get a spot at a university because he's white. Stop being a victim and be a leader.

/TOA

Oh noes! A white guy that cannot get into university. Awwwwe. lol. Cry me a river. Then tell me what that has to do with this. I thought we were discussing the constitution?
edit on 14-5-2012 by Autumnal because: (no reason given)

Autumnal: I totally agree with you. The "reverse racism" crowd is absolutely fu%$#ing clueless. In the words of Chris Rock "...white people are always complaining about how their losing the country. Ohhh...we're losing the country to the Mexicans. We're losing to the blacks. We're losing to the Asians. We're losing, we're losing, we're losing. Well...if y'all are losin'...then who the f&%k is winning??"

And note...this is coming from a white male, Ron Paul supporter.

When I hear other white people whine about how damn tough they think affirmative action makes it for them, I want to vomit. It makes me ashamed of my race and my countrymen.

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Constitution doesn't confer or withhold rights from anyone. It only protects rights we have as human beings from infringement by the government.

/TOA

Maybe you. You must be a white male. How nice for you. It does jack squat to protect my rights on the same level and I am pretty sure I am just as human as you.

Poor little victim. Whoa is me. I'm a minority so my rights have automatically been abridged. Tell that to a white guy that can't get a spot at a university because he's white. Stop being a victim and be a leader.

/TOA

...says the white guy who pretty obviously lives a rather sheltered life. What the hell have you done to be a "leader"?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Of course you would never say Ron Paul's support comes from the pro-Constitutional voting blocks.

You don't seem to have thought through what the real implications of his extreme Constitutionalism would be.

And I'll tell you right now, the Constitution would be followed.

I have thought it through many times since I am one of the minority groups that very constitution refused rights from. I am not really all that interested in going back to a time when I cannot vote or own land.

You're talking about a 'time' and not the document itself.

Did the Constitution specifically deny you the right to own land?

edit on 13-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

No. Actually, the Constitution DOES specifically bestow those rights upon all citizens today.

Ron Paul isn't advocating going back to the ORIGINAL Constitution and summarily disregard all of the Amendments. Quite frankly...I don't think I have ever heard ANYONE advocate that. Clearly, the Constitution allows for Amendment because the original signers KNEW that it wasn't perfect and that times would change. Likewise, the Constitution ALSO expressly states that mere omission does not mean that a citizen does not have a given right not enumerated. Therefore, one's "Constitutional Rights" are ACTUALLY far more protective and broad than even the Bill of Rights stipulates.

Sadly, people STILL think that the only Constitutional Rights they have are the one's enumerated in the Bill of Rights and other Amendments.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
If only Austin represented the whole state of Texas.

Unfortunately the rest of Texas is so Neo Con Right Wing they see Ron Paul as no less than the antithesis to the Republican Party.

If they only knew how wrong they are.
edit on 12-5-2012 by sdocpublishing because: Spelling and grammer

Seriously? You think the "neocon right" is going to vote for Romney over Paul?

In what way is Romney more appealing to far-right loonballs?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkinin

The government, one of limited, enumerated powers, cannot abridge the rights of the citizens, especially those protected by the constitution, and the Bill of Rights. The rights of the citizens were further safeguarded by the addition of the fourteenth amendment.

Already stretching into amendments? I thought we were being strict constitutionalists? Now you get to pick and choose what that really means I guess? That is where you lose that argument because without the 19th you lose my vote.

So, if you do not belong to such a group, the citizens of the united states, why do our politics concern you, and how would the government be able to abridge your own rights, unless you're an illegal alien, or are you under the impression that things aren't currently stacked in the colored person's favor, as you are apparently not a white person.

Because I have a vagina and know my history. Pretty simple.

Before you pull the race card and try to call me a biased white man, I'll have you know that I'm Samoan, and that I and my rights are treated with the same level of respect as any white man.

The modern age is wonderful with all the things that have been changed about the constitution. Odd that you would want to undo what you just seemed to praise the conditions of.

Autumnal: While I completely agree with the idea that white folks whining about affirmative action is ridiculous...I must say that you really DO NOT know your history OR much about the Constitution at all.
The Bill of Rights itself is composed of AMENDMENTS 1-10. Citing an Amendment isn't "stretching" nor is ignoring them in any way being a "strict constitutionalist".

It is simply not possible to be ANY sort of "constitutionalist" (strict, or otherwise) and disregard the Amendements. Contrary to popular opinion, the "Founding Fathers" disagreed much, were quite candid about their own fallibility, and absolutely, categorically, KNEW that was FAR FROM PERFECT.

Likewise...don't interpret this to mean that the "Founding Fathers" weren't largely racists, sexists, and slave-owners....because THEY WERE. Unfortunately, the better part of the Eastern and Western world was racist and sexist at this time. This doesn't make EXCUSES for this...it simply acknowledges reality. Likewise, I'm not saying that the 13th Amendment got rid of racism...or even set all of the slaves free in PRACTICAL SENSE. One could argue that some Southern black sharecroppers were held in a state of quasi-slavery until well after WWII. Similarly, racism and sexism didn't just "go away" with the Amendments....OR with the election of a black president for that matter. Both are still alive and even thriving in some parts of the country.

However, construing the Amendments to not be part of the "real" Constitution is to blatantly not understand the document OR American History.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's about showing the slave masters that they better pull the trigger on this mass genocide stuff asap because we are going to strip them of power soon or they will eventually lose it through their own arrogance and poor chess moves or a combination of those.

People are tired of being oppressed. They want to live life, it's the only one we got. It's short and brutal.
Why do the authoritarians always seek to make it worse for everyone when it's so pointless and unnecessary? "

When people are allowed to vote, such as in the primaries, Ron Paul polls at about 11%. in Louisiana he got 6%. In some other places he got as much as 16%. This is far below what Jesse Jackson, Ross Perot, and even George Wallace got during their respective runs. Ron Paul has yet to win ANY primary.

So when you come on here and claim "It's about showing the slave masters" and "People are tired of being oppressed." I guess we can believe that if you want, but the fact is these same people are not seeing Ron Paul as their savior. In other words, you are claiming support you don't have.

People in movements tend to exaggerate their support. Like the "99%." They are nowhere near 99%. According to their calculations, I'm also part of the 99%. I disavow them entirely. A few years ago we had a right wing organization called "The Moral Majority." People in my profession went around with lapel pins that said, "The moral majority is neither." Well, it's the same with the 99%. The 99% aren't 99%. I'll give 'em 10% on a good day.

And as for these "enslaved oppressed masses," they don't even like Ron Paul. They sure won't vote for him.

edit on 5/14/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join