It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 5-9-12 on Obamas Gay Marriage Statement...... I Cannot Disagree With This!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

This is how the entire islamaphobia started, it wasn't about terrorism
It was about forcing your beliefs on others more than anything

This was always my opinion way before Ron Paul ever became a superstar

The strongest argument is it would abolish the entire debate so people can address more important issues like the economy

We can't force people to agree with you, if anything all that does is create a seasaw effect

This should really close the argument and end it to be honest

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can not agree more with Paul, as usual. Is there anyone that can disagree? If so that person is an obvious control freak and oppressor, a criminal to the people and humanity as a whole. A tyrant in the making.

So who can? Outkast Searcher can even you disagree with this?
edit on 9-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The marriage issue will never end for the simple fact they use it as a wedge issue to energize their bases.

It's all about getting votes and campaign contributions i am tired hearing bout this issue the only thing it is political manipulation with 2 pawns jumping to someone else's tune.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I agree with him as usual. I voted against the Amendment in NC, and tired of hearing about this really. Maybe if I was gay I'd be more upset.
edit on 9-5-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

How can you NOT agree with that argument? I just don't get people..

Stay out of peoples lives. Don't judge others. The state should not define a personal relationship status for any reason.

There should be no marriage "licenses" there should be no definition of "marriage" .. it should be a personal choice to commit yourself to another, not a legal contract overseen by the State.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Paul stated his personal belief.

Obama state his personal belief.

What's the issue???

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

I can not agree more with Paul, as usual. Is there anyone that can? If so that person is an obvious control freak and oppressor, a criminal to the people and humanity as a whole. A tyrant in the making.

Marriage in the eyes of the Government is a legal contract...not a religous act.

The government at some level, state or federal does need to be involved to set the legal rights and limits for the marriage contract for certain things such as taxes, next of kin, estates, etc.

I personally think the Government should stop issuing "Marriage" licenses and start issuing "Civil Union" licenses for all couples...gay or straight.

Thanks for calling me out...glad to know I'm on your mind so much.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by NeoVain

I can not agree more with Paul, as usual. Is there anyone that can? If so that person is an obvious control freak and oppressor, a criminal to the people and humanity as a whole. A tyrant in the making.

Marriage in the eyes of the Government is a legal contract...not a religous act.

The government at some level, state or federal does need to be involved to set the legal rights and limits for the marriage contract for certain things such as taxes, next of kin, estates, etc.

I personally think the Government should stop issuing "Marriage" licenses and start issuing "Civil Union" licenses for all couples...gay or straight.

Thanks for calling me out...glad to know I'm on your mind so much.

For the sake of inquiring minds curious to know, a simple yes or no would have sufficed.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Agreed, though as you stated the govt does need to maintain some guidelines over inheritance, medical consent, testifying in court, etc., and that those "protections" are equal across the board in regards to gender. The churches can conduct "marriages" for whomever they choose - and many do marry same-sex couples. "Civil union" seems more appropriately named for what the governments issue those licenses for.

Can-of-worms thought: "Civil corporations" for polygamists?

edit on 9-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

For the sake of inquiring minds curious to know, a simple yes or no would have sufficed.

If Ron Paul wants the government out of it completely...then it is a "no", because there does need to be some rules and laws around the legal contract of "marriage".

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Can-of-worms thought: "Civil corporations" for polygamists?

Nice term.

But honestly...I have no problem with it as long as they are all consenting adults.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

If Ron Paul wants the government out of it completely...then it is a "no", because there does need to be some rules and laws around the legal contract of "marriage".

Thanks for the straight answer, I can appreciate that at least. This is the first time I've ever starred 2 anti-Paul people in less than 10 min, let alone...ever.
Is something in the air?!?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Paul stated his personal belief.

Obama state his personal belief.

What's the issue???

The issue is YOU
You as in you the people!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

such as?

Can you give some examples?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Who really cares what Ron Paul says anymore? I cannot believe so many are still listening to this Libertarian lunatic. Does anyone disagree with his argument? Yes, I do. The state has the right to legally enforce the proper definition of marriage upon society. There is really only one real job of government and that is to uphold morality, yet it seems Paul and the lefty loonies (yes you pseudo-Conservatives and chirping sectarians, i.e. Libertarians) are getting all mad about it. I do not really care about economics to be honest, all that really matters are the social/cultural issues.

It is too bad so many “Conservatives” listen to that ridiculous nonsense known as FOX News and the RNC to assist in formulating their opinion on marriage. That anyone forms an opinion based upon some garbage thrown out by the media would be laughable if they did not threaten to drag us all down into their pit of insanity and disaster. I do not address the Left-Liberals because they are completely unimportant, those people are so lost any real argument about marriage would just go right over their heads because it is all about “tolerance” and some perverted version of “love”.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Who really cares what Ron Paul says anymore? I cannot believe so many are still listening to this Libertarian lunatic. Does anyone disagree with his argument? Yes, I do. The state has the right to legally enforce the proper definition of marriage upon society. There is really only one real job of government and that is to uphold morality, yet it seems Paul and the lefty loonies (yes you pseudo-Conservatives and chirping sectarians, i.e. Libertarians) are getting all mad about it. I do not really care about economics to be honest, all that really matters are the social/cultural issues.

It is too bad so many “Conservatives” listen to that ridiculous nonsense known as FOX News and the RNC to assist in formulating their opinion on marriage. That anyone forms an opinion based upon some garbage thrown out by the media would be laughable if they did not threaten to drag us all down into their pit of insanity and disaster. I do not address the Left-Liberals because they are completely unimportant, those people are so lost any real argument about marriage would just go right over their heads because it is all about “tolerance” and some perverted version of “love”.

That was a really tricky dose of sarcasm, I almost bought it and retaliated! Especially when you called me a lefty loony.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You think that bad economic policy can lead to some sort of social problem?

EDIT: Whoops looks like you might have been being sarcastic.
edit on 9-5-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The state has the right to legally enforce the proper definition of marriage upon society.

Where does it get this right from?

There is really only one real job of government and that is to uphold morality.

First tell me where does this right come from?
If this right doesn't come from anywhere then how was it ever Govt.'s role to do that?

yet it seems Paul and the lefty loonies (yes you pseudo-Conservatives and chirping sectarians, i.e. Libertarians) are getting all mad about it. I do not really care about economics to be honest, all that really matters are the social/cultural issues.

A wise man once said "99% of the world's problems derives from money"
If you don't care about economics then you barely even have an opinion i'm sorry

And all that matters to you is social issues?
Or do you mean social engineering where people are forced to agree with you?

You don't care about money and therefore people not living in povertry but you care about forcing people to agree with you?
Wow.... North Korea is too good for you then, I don't know where to send you

And you call others loonies???????????
lol
lol
lol:

It is too bad so many “Conservatives” listen to that ridiculous nonsense known as FOX News and the RNC to assist in formulating their opinion on marriage.

You believe in social engineering more than anything else
I don't even think MSNBC would be on your side after saying you don't care about the economy

That anyone forms an opinion based upon some garbage thrown out by the media would be laughable if they did not threaten to drag us all down into their pit of insanity and disaster. I do not address the Left-Liberals because they are completely unimportant, those people are so lost any real argument about marriage would just go right over their heads because it is all about “tolerance” and some perverted version of “love”.

I really don't understand what your stance is on anything

And i'm very pro-individualism

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I do, but that has no relevance to anything in my post. How was my point not clear? I do not care that much about economics. Cultural and civilizational issues are most important to me. There, that is it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join