It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens & The Riddle of the Missouri Mystery Mound

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Teague is convinced the bearded man is King David. “David, the shepherd king, allowed the Arc of the Covenant to be taken to Ethiopia. In ancient times they took it on a boat in Ethiopia, around the Gulf of Mexico to the Mississippi River, and buried it in the Hall of Records in the Missouri Mystery Mound. “I believe the Arc of the Covenant is buried at the Missouri Mystery Mound. That’s my theory. In antiquity someone carved out the mounds because that’s where the Arc of the Covenant was to be taken.”

Theory pulled from his butt? They're going to Ethiopia from the Middle East and somehow wind up in Middle America? Lost me there buddy... although I believe this mound is probably quite real, I question the validity of his theory.... There are PLENTY of mounds in the Americas.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Cytra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by claireaudient

if a group gets together and im available to go i will give play by play of the trek through the back woods. just for all you people back here wanting to know.

Video, there must be video with informative commentary but should a group get together for a trek I do advise caution. Due to the hilly, heavily wooded terrain meth labs, & the crazed tweakers, ARE a serious problem.

Take along a box of Sudafed, as a Peace Offering to the natives.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This mystery along with others like Bucegi mountains add to things that may have happened thousands of years ago. The indian nations have rituals and legends that are based upon things that supposedly took place all over the world. It also shows that if these weren't so important then why does it seem impossible to actually reach these areas where they are usually protected or guarded by either private or military sources. I have to believe that although people back then dreamed just like we do they would have no idea how to simply make up stories like these without some type of eye wittness accounts. I hope we find out the truth some day.l

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There are references to at least three sites that contain the hall of records. Of course there is the site at the base of the great sphynx. The hall of records beneath the Bucegi mountain range with holographic display and now this site in Missouri. Even if one of these sites were true it would be a major find and maybe clear up many ongoing mysteries.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

It's NOT impossible to reach . I think Mr. Teague was just overly paranoid or trying to discourage new explorers.
But if you happen to bump into a moonshine still thats means you have wondered on to private property. LOL but seriously This thread is great because there are so many similar old stories and tales leading to the idea that there is something sacred hidden in southern Missouri or southern Illinois.

Start looking in the Garden of the Gods in the Shawnee Forest. It is 280,000 acreas open to the public. Fits all the criteria, of Mr. Teague's description... its near the mississippi valley..(but along the ohio river), it's a forest , amazing rock formations and its only a few miles to New Madrid,MO so it's directly on earthquake fault. LOL There are lots of amazing places to explore in southern Missouri and southern Illinois. Just google it and rent a camp site, bring your RV or tents and go from there. Bring the kids and start exploring www.shawneeforest.com...

Mr. Burrows from southern, Illinois discovered Burrows Cave in 1982, www.philipcoppens.com... www.bibliotecapleyades.net... He found either all or just part of Mr. Teague's lost treasure but most archelogists still say it is a hoax. Nobody seems to know for sure but its location also fits Mr. Teague's description for the location. If there is something still hidden along the Mississippi, in a forest, near an earthquake fault, its in the Shawnee Forest.

edit on 26-5-2012 by kimsie because: ummm because its hot outside

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

I'm pretty sure that most of the mounds have been razed and developed as commercial and residential property.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Moclips

My family was Mormon and I've actually heard some of those stories... We're in Eastern Kentucky so it's not horribly far from us, although it would be an overnight trip to visit the area.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Thr location of the mound is south east of greenvillle mo. Take hwy. D to hwy. BB go to the first county road to the left. The rock wall is on your right you can see it from the county road. It has the face on it. The cave is located on the pipe line that crosses BB. on the left side of the road about 200 yrds. there is a valleyto the right of the pipe line. the cave is on the west side of the valley. the lizard rock is on the east side of the valley. Ive been there 4 times since i heard this story. lived here 47years hunted the woods there new about the cave. but i never heard it was a mound till teauge. The corps. covered one cave when they raised the road to keep it from floodin. Wappapello lake use to flood that area. Ive never seen any meth labs or moonshiners. its rocky so watch for snakes.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rtb11

I am fairly interested in this.I've heard Teague on the radio a few times, read his stories, etc. This doesn't really sound kosher coming from him. He's too vague.

This is not the first time that I have heard stories like this, though. I grew up RLDS and read their Book of Mormon. I have my own issues with the religion, but I find it interesting that there may be some ancient records hidden in North America.

Have you ever tried to go in this cave? I find it hard to believe that there is someone with "Big Guns" watching any one near the cave. :-)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtb11
reply to post by Sek82

Thr location of the mound is south east of greenvillle mo. Take hwy. D to hwy. BB go to the first county road to the left. The rock wall is on your right you can see it from the county road. It has the face on it. The cave is located on the pipe line that crosses BB. on the left side of the road about 200 yrds. there is a valleyto the right of the pipe line. the cave is on the west side of the valley. the lizard rock is on the east side of the valley. Ive been there 4 times since i heard this story. lived here 47years hunted the woods there new about the cave. but i never heard it was a mound till teauge. The corps. covered one cave when they raised the road to keep it from floodin. Wappapello lake use to flood that area. Ive never seen any meth labs or moonshiners. its rocky so watch for snakes.

So you've been there? Any way this guy could be just a little bit exaggerating ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I stumbled across the MMM myself by coincidence while knowing nothing of the mound (Its more if a rock formation than a mound) at the time. Being intrigued, I returned home to see if there was any information online when I ran across Charles Teague's name.

After trading some emails, he had confirmed I had found the location in SEMO, but warned of the "forest people". This is interesting as the locals refereed to the area as the "haunted woods".

What is more intriguing to me though, is I read your post here describing the color green as the color of Satan, and interesting enough, the MMM is located near a town with green in the name.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi all! I wouldn't recommend it. If anything, it's a bit more dangerous now.
imgur.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder
Very interesting story. Makes me wish I lived in Missouri. Hanging out in a mysterious cave and getting in gun battles with redneck tweakers......what more could you ask for in an adventure?

Be sure to protect Becky Thatcher from Injun Joe.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: isyeye

Bumping for further reading

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting. Sounds like pure BS imho, but still definitely interesting. I've lived in Missouri for almost 50 years and had never heard so much as a whisper of this before; was there ever any definite solution as to where the place actually is?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Wow i knew about them decades ago from the library , the Indian legends interested me as a kid as did Utica in Siberia Tunguska .

I basically live in a National park surrounded by the best Golf courses in the world and world famous scenery and the best distillerys , i have not played a round of golf in 38 years .

Must go and look at old ariel photos again from decade or more ago

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Just posted pics right above this...
imgur.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join