It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens & The Riddle of the Missouri Mystery Mound

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm from Missouri and never heard of it. But the pick outside reminds me of the Mark Twain National Forest.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've known about the many mounds in Missouri for some time. Here is a list of them all over the US.

Indian Mounds of the United States.

If Byrd drops by, I think she is somewhat of an expert on this stuff.

I first read about those mounds in the sixties I think in a book an Aunt gave me.

Edited to mention the links on that site go to tourist sites and advertisements, but the names of the locations will help you find info on the various mounds. I can't find the site I really wanted to link to.
edit on 5/8/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You know, Mormons have some interesting beliefs concerning the ancient civilizations of North America. Their Book of Mormon tells a story of an ancient israelite family that leaves Jerusalem around 600 bc and eventually comes to america and founds several large civilizations which eventually die out and/or merge with other existing populations.

They were basically pre-christian christians and kept record of their religion, prophecies, wars, etc. The last historian of the main civilization was Mormon, and he was charged with abridging the thousand year history of these people from leaving Jerusalem until they were destroyed by wickedness 1000 years later. He compiled most of the book by engraving it on gold/gold like metal sheets. Before dying, he gave the book to his son who finished it and buried in a stone box in the hill Cumorah in the now state of New York, where it was eventually found by Joseph Smith and translated.

Early church history tells of an event where Joseph and his scribe were transported (in a vision) to a room full of records on metal plates. It was a religious experience and they did not know where they room was actually located. Interestingly enough, Mormons place Missouri as a special spot (they have a Temple in Independence).It is believed by many that Missouri was once the location of the ancient garden of Eden.

There are also many folk doctrines within the culture of mormonism where mysterious american indians have appeared to them and given them a glimpse of hidden things, treasures, records, and special spiritual locations.

Anyway, this story sounds very similar to many I've heard before.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Moclips

No, the Mormon's don't have a temple in Independence (these days jokingly called "Methdependence") - the RLDS church recently built one, but they've renamed themselves the Community of Christ. I grew up in the Kansas City metro, so I know this. Some Mormon splinter group owns the actual temple site, on which no temple has yet been built. I've been to the "Garden of Eden" site too, in Davies County, IIRC.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Awesome story S&F. I have to admit though, I definitely busted out laughing at the end when he compared the mound to McDonald's

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I live close enough to Missouri where I could go to this place (I live in Illinois) if i can find it, but man, knowing my luck, Id be the guy who would get whacked for snooping around too much in places he doesnt belong... This story is VERY interesting to say the least, especially knowing that its in my neck of the woods (on the contintent scale
edit on 9-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thank you for this article. I too am from Missouri (St. Louis) and would love to be part of any expedition to find this place. I am a truth seeker, a photographer and a gun owner (several in fact) so I can definitely add to a well put together party.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Indiands are known to be believers of people from the skies and even ETs, so nothing new here. If they have left any signs of it, drawings, items reminding some alien face, then there is nothing new. Good find though, worth checking out.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You people who live in the area need to get up there !

arrange a small group conduct a night recce before you go in.

Somebody needs to have some balls and start watching this place for movements.

Its time to go Commando on this mofo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So, if this is the Hall of Records for Mu does that mean that perhaps the methheads were actually the KLF?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus
Its time to go Commando on this mofo

Why would you be wanting to remove your underwear before you go?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nope...you gotta have guns. Indian Jones had a gun.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I would love to go explore somewhere like this!

If anyone knows of sites in Western Australia let me know and ill go check them out for sure! Looking for a little adventure this year

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

LOL to become one with the wild.

I did set myself up for it but thought the US guys would not know the alternative meaning.

edit on 9-5-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
One day when I get enough resources, I am totally going to go investigate some of these places.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
wow thats crazy! how did you find this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Moclips

Too much information out there that the book of mormon is a fraud !

Grant Palmer's "Insider's View" is a great start.

The Bible lands have tons of artifacts, but nothing in the book of mormon lands.
No Hebrew DNA in ancient america, the is a very serious thing against the book of mormon.
Simon Southerton wrote a book called "In Search of a Lost Tribe" and is a plant biologist and an expert in DNA.
He eventually left the church because of no hebrew DNA.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
i leave in eastern Kansas and if we ever get an exact location or what we think is an exact location i would love to go searching for the Mound. So if any one wants to get a search party together let me know. I'm very interested to say the least i have lived just a short drive from MO for the last 27 years and have never heard of this place im excited to say the least.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Even 'Lizard Rock' seems to be a reach for me. Looks like a lot of rocks that I have seen in the Appalachians, and not much like a lizard. Same for most of the skulls and aliens in the pics that I looked at.

Not saying that it isn't mysterious or interesting, just that people seem to see things that are not necessarily there.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
GPS co-ordinates or it does not exist!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join