It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qeiyafa Ostracon Relates the Birth of the Kingdom of Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The early Judahite site Khirbet Qeiyafa

c1237914.r14.cf2.rackcdn.com...

Gerard Leval analyzes the view that the Qeiyafa Ostracon refers to the formation of the Kingdom of Israel. Following the scholarship of Émile Puech, Leval suggests that the find from Khirbet Qeiyafa describes the coronation of Saul or David.

c1237914.r14.cf2.rackcdn.com...

qeiyafa.huji.ac.il...

The massive construction of Khirbet Qeiyafa and its urban planning clearly indicate central authority in Judah in the early 10th century BC, the time of King David.
Khirbet Qeiyafa

Khirbet Qeiyafa Excavator to Announce New Finds from the Era of David and Solomon

www.biblicalarchaeology.org... /

The Biblical archaeology world is abuzz with anticipation over Hebrew University archaeologist Yosef Garfinkel’s press conference on Tuesday, May 8. The press release for the event promises to “announce all-new findings related to the time of Kings David and Solomon, including presentation of artifacts never before seen by the public related to construction of Solomon’s temple and palace.”

the stones will cry out

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If it was their land they should have fought for it and won it thousands of years ago like everybody else....instead of begging for it in the 20th century.

Absolutely sick of hearing about "their homeland" boo hoo. Get a new one.

Jew is supposed to be a religeon not a race...if that's the case who wants to be a part of Sinnys race? And we can claim a nice part of Italy that my fore farthers told me belonged to us??

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

My main objective is to point out there is more in the Bible then fairy-tales.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The bible takes a canvas of facts and paints fairy tales on top...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

The bible takes a canvas of facts and paints fairy tales on top...

Not gonna argue with you.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Khirbet Qeiyafa is located where the Kingdom of Judah used to be, not Israel

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't blame ya lol

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The tribe of Judah has nothing to do with Israel...or anything else for that matter.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

I don't blame ya lol

We will see what's new on May eight, don't let me forget,

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Israel could really use the validity right about now.
some validity
any validity

I hope they have some independant verification

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Breaking News—Evidence of Cultic Activity in Judah Discovered at Khirbet Qeiyafa

Now even more fascinating finds from Khirbet Qeiyafa are shedding light on the crucial historical period of King David. Announced today at a press conference in Jerusalem, Garfinkel shared with the public for the first time several cultic items that were recently excavated from three “shrine rooms” at the site, including two portable shrine models, two basalt altars, two pottery libation vessels and five standing stones. According to Garfinkel and his codirector, Saar Ganor of the Israel Antiquities Authority, these finds offer the first clear archaeological evidence of cultic activity in Judah during the time of King David. The shrine models also show the existence of sophisticated royal architecture styles during that period and may shed light on design elements of Solomon’s Temple as described in the Bible.

www.biblicalarchaeology.org... red-at-khirbet-qeiyafa/
See the images and press release below from the Hebrew University for more about the discovery that has the archaeological world buzzing.

www.biblicalarchaeology.org... /

The slide show also shows cultic standing stones,

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Cultic shrines from time of King David

www.mfa.gov.il...

The stone model helps us to understand obscure technical terms in the description of Solomon's palace as described in 1 Kings 7, 1-6. The text uses the term "Slaot," which were mistakenly understood as pillars and can now be understood as triglyphs. The text also uses the term "Sequfim", which was usually understood as nine windows in the palace, and can now be understood as "triple recessed doorway."

Similar triglyphs and recessed doors can be found in the description of Solomon's temple (1 Kings 6, Verses 5, 31-33, and in the description of a temple by the prophet Ezekiel (41:6). These biblical texts are replete with obscure technical terms that have lost their original meaning over the millennia. Now, with the help of the stone model uncovered at Khirbet Qeiyafa, the biblical text is clarified. For the first time in history we have actual objects from the time of David, which can be related to monuments described in the Bible.

edit on 033131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Unlike some of your fellow cheerleaders,
I don't have any difficulties with your subject matter, nor do I feel as some, that Israel needs anything to validate it's claim to the Lands GOD gave them some 3500 years ago or so.

I found another site which offered some considerations I had not noticed offered here to date.

I trust they are viewed and appreciated for the information they provide for consideration.

Jewish shrines for David

First we are finding a fortress, apposed to a village or town. Something unique to say the least.

“This is the first time that archaeologists uncovered a fortified city in Judah from the time of King David,” Hebrew University’s Yosef Garfinkel explains. “Even in Jerusalem we do not have a clear fortified city from his period. Thus, various suggestions that completely deny the biblical tradition regarding King David and argue that he was a mythological figure, or just a leader of a small tribe, are now shown to be wrong.”

At the time of the David and Goliath encounter, the Philistines were attempting to reassert dominion over King Saul and his people. The Philistine dominion over the Hebrews had lasted several decades. Khirbet Qeiyafa, dated about 1020 to 980 B.C., was an imposing fortress town strategically located near the Philistine border, perhaps the very sort of fortress that would draw a military response from the affronted Philistines.

We are seeing evidence of the sort of peoples that resided within this Protected Enclave.

Writing found at Khirbet Qeiyafa has not named its ruler, but the writing is in ancient Hebrew, not Philistine or Canaanite. In contrast to the artifacts of typical Canaanite sites, those at Khirbet Qeiyafa have two Jewish distinctives: the religious artifacts are conspicuously lacking in graven images, and the garbage is conspicuously lacking in pig bones.

So, ISRAEL and it's people are found to be the residents of this site.

It has given/yielded evidence that clarifies Biblical interpretations of the setup of the Temple, to be built in Jerusalem, which would have likely been an effort to create a structured enclosure for the Ark of the Covenant, in a "mobile form". Afterall, that is the only reason for the Temple to be constructed. To house the Ark.

It is clearly defining Linguistically and Religiously, who had ownership of this area.

I am sure, more finds from here will be coming in the near future.

Ciao

Shane

top topics

join