It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife Skyping with army nurse who collapsed saw bullet hole in wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Pay Attention....

Bullet from behind = momentum being carried forward which gets exerted on the body which continues the energy in motion which makes the body fall forward from the impact of the bullet.

If somebody gets shot at a close range, they aren't going to move towards the bullet, but away.

This is not necessarily true.

By their very nature - bullets exploit the inertia of the surrounding body tissues to deliver their energy to a small set of tissues immediately within the impact zone and trajectory.

Most of the bullet's energy is dispersed volumetrically - not axially. This is because the body is composed of, largely, water. Most of the energy goes to creating large cavities of gasses in the water which expand.

That is why, if you ever get the chance to really shoot someone, you will see that they tend to drop like a rag doll as opposed to jerk or move in any specific direction.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
From a ballistic standpoint, it doesn't seem likely he was shot.

While I've not personally shot anyone in the head - there are very few weapons that can shoot someone in the back of the head and not do catastrophic damage (such as large cavity wounds, shattered bone... "exploded head"). It's easy, via exposure to movies, to lose respect for both the power of a firearm and the frailty of the human body.

So, I don't find this to be suspicious so much as curious that the man's death was caught on camera - by his wife, no less.

If someone wanted to "off him" - there are far less obvious ways to do it in the military. More people die from accidents in the military than enemy fire. Someone fails to properly secure grating in a ship. Someone takes a slide across the non-skid and loses their face. Someone doesn't properly tag out equipment and gets turned into toast. Someone dies from dehydration. A lot of people consume alcohol and get a good idea that results in their death. There's an infinite number of ways to die in the military. A very select few are by enemy/hostile intent.

Maybe he wasn't shot in the head, but instead the bullet hit his neck or body. Maybe if this was an assassination, the killer used a certain caliber that wouldn't cause as much exterior damage as interior. Maybe it was a LASER!

And yes, there are cleaner ways to kill someone, and it would be ideal not to do it on camera, but what if this nurse had learned something he wasn't supposed to know and immediately Skyped his wife to get the information out. The assassin would have to take care of him before he could say anything to his wife, meaning being messy about it and then covering it up later.

OR...and this might be crazy...maybe it was just an unfortunate accident.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Yep, Bodies only go flying in movies.

In real life there isn't enough energy for that to happen. At least not with anything that is hand held.
edit on 7-5-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's skype, so where is the video of it happening?

It has to be out there...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by Aim64C

Yep, Bodies only go flying in movies.

In real life there isn't enough energy for that to happen. At least not with anything that is hand held.
edit on 7-5-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Based on the details his wife was the only witness who could say his body went forward in that manner. Regardless of whether they found him in that position, she was the only witness as to how he got in that position. Assuming someone shot him with something other than a bullet so it would not pierce the skin, the force could still cause shock to his body and explain the movement. The next question would be how that person got in shooting range.
edit on 7-5-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: spelling

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I checked it out and it looks like Skype does NOT save video in the Db...

Also, this thread went up a few days ago, so between the two we may figure this out: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by amongus

I checked it out and it looks like Skype does NOT save video in the Db...

Also, this thread went up a few days ago, so between the two we may figure this out: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you...I'm not a skyper, but know that there HAS to be a video that is out there of this. We will never see it. The next step is finding out the victims background, and why someone would want to kill him. Because, he WAS taken out. No doubt.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

She said he fell forward, not that he lurched or flew forward. And the broken nose tells me he died instantly as he didn't try to break his fall.

He was an 0-3 nurse, not some super secret ninja Seal. Very doubtful he was killed.

I think the wise course is to wait for the autopsy.

With no bullet holes and no other obvious injuries I would bet real money he had an aneurysm. Strokes can be fast but there is almost always a slurring of speech that starts it out. His wife reported he was talking normally and just fell out.

I'm willing to bet there are holes in most of the closet doors on base, but not from bullets.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry for the double post. That being said, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with ATS search.

I put "Wife Skyping with army nurse who collapsed saw bullet hole in wall" into the search engine and it didn't locate the thread with the title: "Wife witnesses husbands death via Skype"
edit on 5/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I'm sorry for the double post.

No worries Freak, happens all the time, so understand your frustration...

With that said, between the two, maybe we can come to some conclusion, as this does seem weird...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

She said he fell forward, not that he lurched or flew forward. And the broken nose tells me he died instantly as he didn't try to break his fall.

He was an 0-3 nurse, not some super secret ninja Seal. Very doubtful he was killed.

I think the wise course is to wait for the autopsy.

With no bullet holes and no other obvious injuries I would bet real money he had an aneurysm. Strokes can be fast but there is almost always a slurring of speech that starts it out. His wife reported he was talking normally and just fell out.

I'm willing to bet there are holes in most of the closet doors on base, but not from bullets.

I'd have to agree with you. Your hypothesis is both rational while accounting for the hole. Best course of action is indeed to wait for more updates versus speculate.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

I'm sorry for the double post. That being said, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with ATS search.

I put "Wife Skyping with army nurse who collapsed saw bullet hole in wall" into the search engine and it didn't locate the thread with the title: "Wife witnesses husbands death via Skype"

Don't feel bad, a mod closed a thread last week admonishing the OP to use the search engine.

Then the mod linked to a thread closed by another mod admonishing the OP to use the search engine.

So the mods are having trouble with search too.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Yeah I was gonna ask was he shot. Nothing in the headline said he was shot it sounded unrelated to the hole. It said an army nurse that collapsed and that she saw a bullet hole, but never said he was shot.
Weird.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes, the ATS search function is something that is NOT to be desired. I've been burned many times as well.....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Animorganimate

OR...and this might be crazy...maybe it was just an unfortunate accident.

You know... sarcasm and ATS are a weird combo in the same bag. You can say some of the craziest # on this site and be taken completely seriously by people on both sides of the argument (for you and against you).

Because there are people saying the same stuff - and they are serious.

So... when I see this at the bottom of the rest of your post... I'm not quite certain if I should take what is above it seriously, or sarcastically.

reply to post by amongus

It's skype, so where is the video of it happening?

It has to be out there...

Doubtful. Not many people record their skype conversations - and the data feed is streamed. Unless one of those two was recording it ... or someone just happened to be illegally intercepting the transmission at the time (and recorded it... and could break any encryption on it) - it's an event lost to time.

reply to post by amongus

The next step is finding out the victims background, and why someone would want to kill him. Because, he WAS taken out. No doubt.

He was a nurse, for crying out loud. A limited duty officer, at that. He couldn't hold a command.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

You said,

True, unless he was working on a public figure who was killed and decided to squeal about his/her double.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
This is [snipped] one would think only happens in Bourne movies. If it was an outside wall I'd go with ricochet. Adjoining wall maybe a neighbor misfired while cleaning or something. Hallway wall and something fishy is going on.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Josephus because: curse word

That is exactly my thoughts. This really speaks to my skeptic side. Not only was it through the wall, but did nobody else hear the shot? Are there normally practice ranges near the bases? (maybe sounds of gunfire are normal)

2 hours??

I wonder what kind of conversation he was having with his wife?
edit on Mon May 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2012 by VindiVin because: forgot how to make comment to begin with....sorry

Does it really matter what KIND of convo he was having with his wife??? Seems to me that that comment was a bit out of order. It was a horrible thing that happened, but to have someone ask or elude that he was somehow 'distracted' from a looming danger because he was 'talking to his WIFE" sorta leaves a bad taste given the whole big picture. Its akin to asking when someone dies in bed, 'whatever were you doing'??? Just my opinion... don't cast a bad shadow when things are already horrible for her and her two little girls. I'm sure she is heartbroken as it is. But the 'blame' isn't hers.
edit on 7-5-2012 by VindiVin because: jeesh.... again.... can't this be easier! lol

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

True, unless he was working on a public figure who was killed and decided to squeal about his/her double.

. . .

I'll bite.

Do you know how people are selected to participate in Restricted Access programs - such as the one you allege exists?

The screening is absolutely brutal - they interview friends, family; know the name of your first dog. Every day of your life is accounted for prior to being granted what would amount to a TS-SCI clearance. You are also subjected to a number of psychological examinations - and for something like what you suggest - would be a member of the Human Reliability Program.

You do not "suddenly see something" of the degree you are implying. You would be well briefed of the situation - and there are methods in place for them to deal with security leaks that do not involve death.

If anything - killing people is the last thing you want to do. People say and do all kinds of weird things. I've had people tell me all kinds of stories about events that I personally witnessed (and they were wrong) - claimed to be places I know they never were. Someone speaking a similar line of crazy is going to be difficult to differentiate from the crowd - aside from the fact that I have no personal knowledge of their history.

He could just as easily have been reassigned and found to be medically unfit for duty with a mandatory sentence to a mental health facility.

But even that is rather strong-armed in today's world of counter intelligence. Usually - if someone has no evidence - anything they say ends up costing enemies and those with malicious intent resources to track down phantasms of someone's ramblings. Let them talk crazy. It keeps those who don't know from knowing.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VindiVin

Does it really matter what KIND of convo he was having with his wife??? Seems to me that that comment was a bit out of order. It was a horrible thing that happened, but to have someone ask or elude that he was somehow 'distracted' from a looming danger because he was 'talking to his WIFE" sorta leaves a bad taste given the whole big picture. Its akin to asking when someone dies in bed, 'whatever were you doing'??? Just my opinion... don't cast a bad shadow when things are already horrible for her and her two little girls. I'm sure she is heartbroken as it is. But the 'blame' isn't hers.
edit on 7-5-2012 by VindiVin because: jeesh.... again.... can't this be easier! lol

Relax...that wasn't at all where I was going with my comment. I was not placing blame on the wife.

I was looking at it from the conspiratorial side...

Meaning: If (and there's not evidence at this point to say this is the case) he was indeed shot or the bullet hole appeared during the whole ordeal that maybe he was being silenced. That's all I was saying was maybe he was about to leak something that wasn't supposed to leave the base.

Now that being said, again, there is no evidence that he was shot. It was simply a thought by many when she reported (with Army personnel corroborating) seeing a bullet hole in the closet.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
By any chance are there Afghan Soldiers nearby because there are reports of Afghan troops killing US Soldiers in their own bases
edit on 7-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join