It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the death-wish Russian teenagers "Skywalkers".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Don't know if you guys on ATS have seen this before, but I've stumbled with some pictures of this group of Russian teens known as "Skywalkers", that supposedly climb the highest places in Moscow for taking nauseating pics.

19-year old Marat Dupri is one of these death-defying skywalkers. He began taking photos from his rooftop after buying a canon camera 18 months ago, and since then he's been snapping photos from stomach-lurching heights all across Moscow. From the famous monument of Peter I to the Moscow Tower, the tallest building in Europe, Dupri and his skywalking friends have demonstrated no limit to what they will climb to capture amazing pictures.

Skywalk ing Russians Take Amazing Photos

edit on 5/7/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Some stuff available in their photolog:

I confess the 1st thing that crossed my mind when I saw those pics, "Unless they recorded videos, this material could have been photoshopped." Needless to say I bit my tongue, but to be very honest I still don't buying these dudes. If you are an attentive person you will notice that there's no sign of wind activity in their video. No swinging hair, no swinging clothes and absolutely no wind noise. Actually the girls hair swings a little bit only because she's moving forward. Also the industry smoke seen in the background, seems to not move but I'm not sure. Anyway I'm having a hard time figuring out why there's no wind whatsoever in the footage. Specially if we consider the place's height.
They could be the real deal, authentic bored dumb-f*** teenagers defying death, or very clever dudes with very nice computer workstations running very neat 3D render farms, to make a video like this and all those pics. Who knows...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

what? i could hear the wind in the first video better then them talking and the girls hair moves from the wind as well
edit on 7-5-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Pretty crazy, but still, they are way below chutless jumpers on my private insanity meter.

edit on 7-5-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
...plus, if you were going to climb a massive monument...
would YOU pick a windy day to do it?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

I don't know if we're talking about the same video, but the chick's hair is not moving according to wind action. It moves a little bit because she's moving forward in the steel column.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Is there any NON-windy day in East Europe??

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
They could be the real deal, authentic bored dumb-f*** teenagers defying death

I would say this, probably bored out of their minds, a little bit stupid, a little bit drunk (wouldn't surprise me, they're russians after all) and doing something that one day will kill at least one of them. They're just asking for it

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

sorry. i forgot that when you stop moving your hair moves by itself

it is very obvious at about :10
edit on 7-5-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

It's not fake. Construction workers back in the day had to do it all the time with no harnesses.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would bungee the crap out of that!!!

vvv

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
omg..

stomach turning..

I am NOT good with heights.

Something about standing on a building, or on a very high structure urks me..not just due to the height, but something about standing in a precarious position on a tall structure just makes me stomach drop.

I'm fine with airplanes..or helicopters. But this is something i would not want to do.

Also, in the video the kids are pretty lax when they're doing this..It almost bothers me. The way they are laughing and yelling just bothers me.

If they continue this, and don't treat it like a risky situation, one of them will surely meet a quick death.

But hey, maybe they could snap a few shots of their friend falling to his or her own death?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Kinda odd attacking the genuine nature of your own thread material, isn't it? lol...

On the other hand, might as well raise it off the top so others can't spring it like a big Gotcha bomb down the thread... I might make a note of that for myself in the future.

I think these are perfectly real and 100% insane. Wow.. I didn't know I had vertigo until I saw that one with the girl laying down and looking up. Oh goodness... I wouldn't fall by slipping. Oh no. I could be counted on to pass out and straight off the side. I wouldn't even get to enjoy my last skydive. As to the lack of wind though, I say that's easy to explain. They deliberately watched, waited and planned their trips to be on the calmest days they could manage, IMO. After all, wouldn't you do the same when one errant gust of wind at the wrong moment means a nice base jump, sans parachute?

C'mon guys? I'm the only one to star the OP and 2nd for the thread? Really? The kids are risking their lives so others may.....be amused.
I'd throw a flag just for that in this story but it's a nice set of pics too!

edit on 7-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: added last couple lines

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Just looks like fun to me. Don't understand why you would think the photos are fake. It's not that dangerous and I would call them skycrawlers not walkers. Now the old steel erectors, that's something else. My Grandpa was a steel erector in those days. He saw one of his friend decapitated by a swinging girder.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This dude tight roped between the WTC Buildings in 1974.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

They definitely can't be drunk. Otherwise they already would have died.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yeah, talk about construction workers with decades of experience and a bunch of teens doing that for a few months.
And by the way, do you have any stats on how many workers of the early 1900s, died because they did that with no security gear and because they had no unions to make them use it?? I'm 100% sure those workers weren't doing that for fun.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I looked this up before heading to bed for a few hours.. Hopefully it helps a bit, and you're right. It was a very very dangerous job. Here are the stats from one Union.

accidents seemed ever present on iron work. Between 1911 and 1956, 68 members of Local 55 died - 20 of the deaths coming from-on-the-job falls, electrocutions, and accidents. Countless injuries - broken ribs, hands and legs, sprained ankles, broken pelvises, back injuries, and eye injuries went with the work. Like many locals, the members of Local 55 used, over the years, temporary or permanent assessments or collection slips, to help a sick or injured workers. The first attempt to establish a permanent sick and accident fund for local members occurred in 1937. In the 1940s, for six months, the local established such a fund, but the members did not continue it. In 1949, Local 55 adopted the insurance plan of the Union Labor Life Insurance Company
Source

These kids look craazy brave. Thats the key I think. Crazy brave. I also tend to think that the dangers are all too real and the next story we'll hear is the tragic deaths of 1 or more of these kids when they misjudge themselves just once up there. That's one heck of a way to spend an afternoon...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

These are official stats, but you bet these numbers are way higher, you know, with all those lack of labor protection and law corruption of the early 1900s, most of worker's death might have been tampered. But anyway, it's not like I'm saying that people don't have balls to do things like that. As a matter of fact, modern teenagers are doing some VERY VERY weird things, like choking themselves for "fun" and absorbing vodka through their anuses, so you got the picture. But still there's something about these skywalkers that sounds fishy to me. Perhaps the pics and the video are real, and they are actually up there. Perhaps they are strapped, but the cables were digitally removed from the images, like is done in Hollywood movies. As far as I'm concerned there's nobody else to prove their authenticity. They make the images themselves, so they are playing their game. I don't know why people are bashing my skepticism because we know that this kind of hoax CAN be done.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

At this moment, my internet connection is pitiful, and I am impatient. I have not been on the site before, and cannot verify this.

I noticed underneath the 1st Vid in the OP, in the Uploaders description, it says: "As Seen On Tested." Which has a link to the www.youtube.com... page for 'Tested'.

There is also a Tested.Com Website.
Apparently, it is Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage. (Mythbusters).

Might be worth taking a look at, just to get their opinions of these 'Skywalkers'.

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

They definitely can't be drunk. Otherwise they already would have died.
lol. There is absolutely nothing definitive within this↑ BS comment.

Personally, I wouldn't try it drunk, but there is one thing I can say with the utmost certainty:

[color=ABFFEE]There have been numerous occasions during which I've gone across dirty old steel beams; where the concrete and/or ground was a long drop down; and in awkward positions; and while bringing along various tools. I have completed that task both completely sober, and after swallowing several Xanax.

[color=ABFFEE]If I had my 'druthers', I would have never attempted such a task while 100% stone cold sober. Nervousness and fear, are not good things. They are dangerous. Alcohol too, is capable of alleviating those emotions, and calming ones' nerves (if done in moderation).

edit on 5/7/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join